The Answer at Last

Coke gave the company a cheaper deal and that is the only reason they went with it...LOW COST.....like our new name....and after reading your comments, will likely also be LOW CLASS in due time.......
it's a drink . .get over it!

No Dr. Pepper!!! :shock: :(

Coke to hit skies with US Airways Comment about Dr. Pepper at bottom of article.

It seems not even the CEO will get his favorite drink. :unsure:

QUOTE(Geek @ Apr 20 2006, 12:43 PM)
My only question is what about Dr. Pepper???

Odd. If you check out the Coca Cola website, under US products, Dr. Pepper is NOT there. But it is listed under Global products. Maybe if DP sees that, he can solicit for Dr. Pepper. US Airways isn't just flying in the US.

QUOTE(Geek @ Apr 20 2006, 12:43 PM)
My only question is what about Dr. Pepper???
Odd. If you check out the Coca Cola website, under US products, Dr. Pepper is NOT there. But it is listed under Global products. Maybe if DP sees that, he can solicit for Dr. Pepper. US Airways isn't just flying in the US.

:shock:

Bah! I want my Diet Pepsi!

:up: Whew got that out of my system.

Like most people I ask for my first choice and will drink what is on hand without batting an eye.

LOL, at least they went with a brand name product and not something like "yellowbook cola" heehee j/k.

Like most people I ask for my first choice and will drink what is on hand without batting an eye.

Amen.....

Personally, I like Coke but that doesn't make those who like Pepsi wrong (misguided, maybe :lol: , but not wrong!). And if Coke isn't available, I'm perfectly willing to drink Pepsi.

The problem with Dr Pepper is two-fold. 1 - its pretty much a love it/hate it taste, so making it the only cola choice probably isn't a good idea, and 2 - in the U.S. it's distributed by Dr Pepper, Coca-Cola, or Pepsi distributors depending on where you are. As someone previously said, the lowest cost contract is an exclusive contract, which leaves Dr Pepper out.

Jim

And now for the properties of COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol
carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove
blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and
it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into
the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one
hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke
removes stains from vitreous China.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub
the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap
aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals:
Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble
away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked
in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into
the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and
bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished,
remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix
with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke
into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help
loosen grease stains.
9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
For Your Info:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4days.
Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones
and is a major contributor to the rising increase in
osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the
commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material
placards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to
clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of
water?

Don't tell me you got that chain email, Airwoman....

Urban Legends Reference Pages

Jim

PS - I started drinking water instead of Coke on the airplane, but only because any caffinated beverage is mildly diuretic and it's such a pain to get to the lav these days (thank Heavens that the 737 doesn't fly long legs!!!)

Just a few more points, or thoughts.... And I love Dr. Pepper AND Coke...

Dr. Pepper tastes like prune juice..but I will agree Diet Dr. Pepper is probably the best tasting diet drink out there.

In many blind taste tests, Pepsi almost always wins out on Coke...but the Coke brand is so strong, one of the strongest ever measured, that people will choose it over any other cola drink.

My personal opinon, is that when Coke switched to corn syrup sugar over straight sugar, what..some time in the early to mid 70s..it never tasted the same. It used to have a bite, kind of a burn when your drank it. Also, purist swore that the smaller 8 (or was it 10?) oz. bottles tasted better than the 12 oz bottles (king size.)

Love or hate the decision in 85' by the CEO of Coke to introduce New Coke..and replace old Coke..it was based on solid market research and business practice. Even in failure, it gave Coke one of the largest free ad sprees ever given to any commercial product..so prevelant that after 20 years it STILL gets front page press.

Best. Greeter.

Also, purist swore that the smaller 8 (or was it 10?) oz. bottles tasted better than the 12 oz bottles (king size.)

FWIW, it was 6.5 oz - at least from post-WWII till they discontinued the returnable glass bottles. Guess I'm showing my age - I remember when the vending machines went from 5 to 6 cents :shock: for a "regular" size Coke.

Jim

Now don't get me wrong I LOVE Dr. Pepper but having that on the a/c is like expecting to have root beer. It is not THAT popular of a soda in the big scheme of things. As for the coke/pepsi thing, as a f/a on the east I can assure you that during the beverage service on anything from the 737 to the airbus A330 few ask for Pepsi. I have passengers ask me for iced tea and lemonade more than Pepsi. Whether anyone likes Pepsi or Coke is a personal choice. Maybe we should serve Cheerwine since we have a hub in CLT. Ever have that stuff? It's actually pretty good.