The Dawn Of A New Day

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
Ladies and Gentlemen,

The old US Airways is soon to become history, and the new US Airways is soon to be born. Let's hope we can bury all the bickering, negativity and sniping which was so much a part of the old US and start the new US with a clean sheet of paper and a new, clean, unencumbered, hopeful attitude. Please find a way to repolarize all the negative energy that was so much a part of the old US into positive energy which goes to making it work and succeed!! Let's give Doug and company a chance.

I am repeating below what I wrote in another thread--it just seems it deserves a topic all its own..........

It's the dawn of a new day at US Airways. While everyone is not happy with some of the final components of the merger and POR agreements, the fact is it's too late to change anything. The judge has spoken. It is what it is.

It's time to bury the dead here, folks, and to nurture and give the new "baby" a chance. It's time to put aside the hard feelings, the bitterness, the distrust and animosity, and to give the new management the benfit of the doubt. They have a monumental task ahead of them, and everyone who remains, customer, employee and management alike, should go in with an open mind, put maximum effort forward and hope for the best.

Finally, I would like to express my personal thanks and appreciation to the front line employees of US Airways, who are truly the best this industry has to offer. You are the reason there is still a company to merge. You are the reason that there is a fiercely loyal customer base, some of which organized into a group like FFOCUS. You are the reason there is a future, DESPITE the poor management, not BECAUSE of them.

Be proud of what you've accomplished and be hopeful for what you can accomplish looking forward.

My best to you all.

Well stated, Art.

As another FFOCUSer, I'd like to add my best wishes to the new US Airways and a big thank you to all the old US employees, as we've said many times before, you are the reason we keep coming back again and again.

I am looking forward to a successful company now that some people who actually want a profitable company and not just exploit it are at the reigns. We know the frontliners who really operate the airline are the best in the business... and we have heard the new blood from the west have the same mindset.

Best of luck to Doug Parker and the "New" US!!

Art at ISP said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

The old US Airways is soon to become history, and the new US Airways is soon to be born. Let's hope we can bury all the bickering, negativity and sniping which was so much a part of the old US and start the new US with a clean sheet of paper and a new, clean, unencumbered, hopeful attitude. Please find a way to repolarize all the negative energy that was so much a part of the old US into positive energy which goes to making it work and succeed!! Let's give Doug and company a chance.

I am repeating below what I wrote in another thread--it just seems it deserves a topic all its own..........
It's the dawn of a new day at US Airways. While everyone is not happy with some of the final components of the merger and POR agreements, the fact is it's too late to change anything. The judge has spoken. It is what it is.

It's time to bury the dead here, folks, and to nurture and give the new "baby" a chance. It's time to put aside the hard feelings, the bitterness, the distrust and animosity, and to give the new management the benfit of the doubt. They have a monumental task ahead of them, and everyone who remains, customer, employee and management alike, should go in with an open mind, put maximum effort forward and hope for the best.

Finally, I would like to express my personal thanks and appreciation to the front line employees of US Airways, who are truly the best this industry has to offer. You are the reason there is still a company to merge. You are the reason that there is a fiercely loyal customer base, some of which organized into a group like FFOCUS. You are the reason there is a future, DESPITE the poor management, not BECAUSE of them.

Be proud of what you've accomplished and be hopeful for what you can accomplish looking forward.

My best to you all.
[post="302164"][/post]​
Art, Thank You for your post and Thank You for sticking with Usairways thru all the sleaze and turmoil of the last couple years....

And Thank You again for realizing that it was the front line employees HUGE sacrifices along with GREAT customers like you that has given this airline new life..

insp89 said:
Art, Thank You for your post and Thank You for sticking with Usairways thru all the sleaze and turmoil of the last couple years....

And Thank You again for realizing that it was the front line employees HUGE sacrifices along with GREAT customers like you that has given this airline new life..
[post="302171"][/post]​

Let's make it four positive upbeat posts in a row! I've learned alot in the past few weeks from everyone's posts. I'm looking forward to learning even more from my new US Airway brothers and sisters. If I'm not on the outside looking in it's going to be a great experience being a part of airline history. The potential to make history for the new US Airways is tremendous and ground breaking. Good luck to us all! ;)

Well stated Art & FFOCUSer's,

The vast majority of US Airways employees have been waiting for a leadership team to energize this wonderful group of airline employees, as well as the loyal customer base of which you are an important part.

I am excited to begin this new chapter in airline history, and all of us, both the loyal customers and this employee group has put forth great sacrifice that resulted in US Airways being here today.

By in large we will see the silent majority here rally behind this new leadership team along with the AWA employees.

Thank you for standing behind us :)

UseYourHead said:
Well stated Art & FFOCUSer's,

By in large we will see the silent majority here rally behind this new leadership team along with the AWA employees.

Thank you for standing behind us :)
[post="302210"][/post]​

We will all stand together! ;)

Back