I Make US fly!

I must say that one of the PHL gate agents they showed in the video is my favorite gate agent at any airport.

I loved the 4 "frequent flyers" they used in the video. ;) :down:

How about some REAL frequent flyers and not ones that were paid to appear in the commercials. But I'm sure they don't want the absolute truth getting out. B)

I loved the 4 "frequent flyers" they used in the video. ;) :down:

How about some REAL frequent flyers and not ones that were paid to appear in the commercials. But I'm sure they don't want the absolute truth getting out. B)
HI! I'm US1YFARE and I spend 10's of thousands of dollars on US--I really make them Fly. They are flying so high counting the money I spend on their airline, they forget that the product the offer is CRAP. Oh, and that website, it bites! See you on my next flight because you see, they have figured out that I fly out of Philadelphia and that for the most part, they are the only game in town!

Honestly not looking forward to it.

the entertainment value alone will be worth it. if you don't want to post here, PM me with the city pair and I'll give you a head's up based on my experience.

I came very close to booking 7 tickets on WN this weekend because of what the new USAirways is doing with their fares (and in my opinion there is a good argument that what US is doing falls under unfair trade practices because of the way they are manipulating the fares and telling people that a flight is booked when it is still wide open)...deceptive pricing is gonna get U in trouble...

What exactly is IS US Airways doing with it's fares?

Company Travel agent has been unable to get same prices via SABRE that are on the web.

IF memory serves their "Customer First" policy states they will always offer the LOWSET available fare and if that is indeed the policy then they're breaking it.

can you post a link to that policy or cut and paste it? I'd love to see it. I did actually find a fare $1 lower on another website than what US's website is offering. When US is playing the games it is playing with their pricing, a $1 is a $1 is a $1 and I'd love to see what they are advertising. The FTC might find some of their practices interesting.

Bob didn't remember a little part of that policy, bolded below....

US Airways' agents are trained to offer customers the lowest available fare in the market. This includes all agents representing US Airways at our reservations centers, airport ticket counters and City Ticket Offices. US Airways reservations' policy and practice dictates that all reservations agents sell the lowest available fare in a given market per flight segment unless otherwise specified by the consumer (i.e., First Class or unrestricted Coach). Reservations agents utilize automated methods through the computer reservations system to accomplish this. Certain fares such as Internet promotions are not accessible to the reservations agent and must be purchased through other means.

Jim

Well why is it that the reservationist says the flight is sold out and the website says it isn't? Why is it the website shows a fare of $700 and the reservationist is showing $1000? How come the airline is telling you that the flight is sold out or nearly sold out and it in reality the flight has 40+ seats left on it in some instances and 100+ in other instances? How come you can only book a premium award seat in FC when there are no seats purchased yet in that cabin?

Well why is it that the reservationist says the flight is sold out and the website says it isn't? Why is it the website shows a fare of $700 and the reservationist is showing $1000? How come the airline is telling you that the flight is sold out or nearly sold out and it in reality the flight has 40+ seats left on it in some instances and 100+ in other instances? How come you can only book a premium award seat in FC when there are no seats purchased yet in that cabin?

It used to be called yield management

It used to be called yield management

Yield Management is when you maximize your revenue based on supply and demand. Deceptive pricing is establishing an artificial supply and demand. Lying to the customer about the true availability of a flight is deceptive pricing. zeroing out a bucket is one thing, telling a customer that there are no more seats on a plane when there are really over 100 seats available is deceptive because you induce a customer to believe that the supply of seats is much less than what it is in reality--you create a false perception of actual demand. The free market is not creating the demand--the airline is artificially creating the demand by lying about the number of seats available. The interesting thing is I received another call from the Department of Transportation today.

Just a morale boosting effort to let customers emphasize with employees.

U Make us Lie!

Don't ask for a t-shirt, another way to get customers to emphasize.
===========================================================

Tee shirt? What tee shirt?

I got a pin and some other swag, but no tee.