I Make US fly!

Jetsetter2Ord

Senior
Sep 1, 2005
On a Jetplane
Visit site
Hello All,

I just wanted to share with our workgroup that the Marketing team has successfully created a new branding campaign that should be rolling out in July 31st! In addition, August 8 will be "I make US fly day!"

This campaign will enlighten ALL employees of the NEW US Airways!!

As it will help educate ALL employees both East and West as to the NEW company Business Casual Branding.

It will also educate that the NEW US Airways is a Low Cost Carrier..no longer the Legacy carrier that the Old US Airways was.

This Video took 6 months to get created from idea to finished concept. I applaud all those involved in this video and know that you all will be excited to view it yourselves. It was extremely well done, and for some may bring tears to your eyes.

In my opinion, this new branding will help smooth the waters between East and West and bring ALL employees onto one playing field and help raise the morale as well as bring this merger together creating ONE NEW company.

Be sure to watch for this video/dvd coming Monday, every employee will be receiving this as well as a few other "freebies"- lanyards, pins, maybe t-shirts.

The last thing we need to hear regarding this Marketing wonder is everyone complaining about the company spending a penny to give you something....the negativity needs to stop and we ALL need to look forward to making the NEW US Airways the company everyone will want to work for and be proud to be a part of!

Remember, It's Not East, It's Not West, It's what's BEST!

JetSetter2ord
I AM FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL AT ALL TIMES!
"I make US fly!

Hello All,

I just wanted to share with our workgroup that the Marketing team has successfully created a new branding campaign that should be rolling out in July 31st! In addition, August 8 will be "I make US fly day!"

As it will help educate ALL employees both East and West as to the NEW company Business Casual Branding.

It will also educate that the NEW US Airways is a Low Cost Carrier..no longer the Legacy carrier that the Old US Airways was.

This Video took 6 months to get created from idea to finished concept. I applaud all those involved in this video and know that you all will be excited to view it yourselves. It was extremely well done, and for some may bring tears to your eyes.

In my opinion, this new branding will help smooth the waters between East and West and bring ALL employees onto one playing field and help raise the morale as well as bring this merger together creating ONE NEW company.

Be sure to watch for this video/dvd coming Monday, every employee will be receiving this as well as a few other "freebies"- lanyards, pins, maybe t-shirts.

The last thing we need to hear regarding this Marketing wonder is everyone complaining about the company spending a penny to give you something....the negativity needs to stop and we ALL need to look forward to making the NEW US Airways the company everyone will want to work for and be proud to be a part of!

Remember, It's Not East, It's Not West, It's what's BEST!

JetSetter2ord
I AM FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL AT ALL TIMES!
"I make US fly!
Good God...That's a S___ load of Kool-aid!!!

Jetsetter...thanx for the info, look forward seeing it. You comments about the negativity was WELL said...move on!! First we had the "North/South" battle and now the "East/West" head butting! We have something good going here...let's keep it going and kick some but already!!!!

Jetsetter...thanx for the info, look forward seeing it. You comments about the negativity was WELL said...move on!! First we had the "North/South" battle and now the "East/West" head butting! We have something good going here...let's keep it going and kick some but already!!!!

:up:

Exactly!...We ALL can make a change and show all the other carriers out there that we ROCK!

It only takes the effort to turn the page to the next chapter for this company to succeed...or close that door and open a new one!

We ALL make US fly!

It's ALWAYS the SAME two or three that love to stir the pot. They know who they are...one I know doesn't even work here anymore but can't keep their nose out of LCC's business with all their savvy knowledge! Things never change on the LCC board......but why should they!

It's ALWAYS the SAME two or three that love to stir the pot. They know who they are...one I know doesn't even work here anymore but can't keep their nose out of LCC's business with all their savvy knowledge! Things never change on the LCC board......but why should they!

Oh I have noticed there are a few negative nellies out there on this forum. They just are envious that they are not a part of the NEW US Airways. The airline that is going to take US places!

"I make US Fly!"

Sounds like a good idea, get some company culture going to get everyone on the same page.

Of course, the "I love victimhood" contingent will forever #### and moan about what happened to them before and will resist all attempts to build a great airline.

Building a corporate culture is tough, it can take years to have positive effect, but it can only take minutes to destroy it.

Good luck! :up:

"West" and "East" we both have different contracts. For some reason, our CEO still refers to "East" and "West" jobs. East (furloughed) employees can't obtain West employment.

The people coming in at PHX are entering at the bottom of the list, so furloughed employees are being hired as new employees.

Interesting, I want to consider US Airways as One, but seems like some things have to happen before we are One.

... The people coming in at PHX are entering at the bottom of the list, so furloughed employees are being hired as new employees.

Interesting, I want to consider US Airways as One, but seems like some things have to happen before we are One.

Yup, that's an understatment!

However, furloughed staff will pop-up under when defined criteria have come to pass.

Whereas employees should have an understanding of what the management of the airline is trying to accomplish, a branding video, IMO, is not the way to do it. It seems like a waste to spend six months on making a video when you could have made spent the money on advertising directed at passengers.

Uh-huh...

Uh-huh...

Okay, this is where I think a really simple solution would have been a photocopied flyer in everyones' mailbox. You're losing me here. Let me read some more...

......may bring tears to your eyes.

No, no, NO! Now this is why I get irritated when someone is allowed to play with Monopoly money and waste the profit we made on frivolous garbage. I won't presume to speak for everyone, because I'm sure there are a few individuals out there who love to receive chatchkeys from companies they work for, but for me this is just plain stupid.

I, for one, am not going to allow YOU to lecture ME or ANYONE ELSE without getting called on it. How dare you! Marketing wonder? Spending a penny to give "you" something? Give some pennies to the employees, advertise to the passengers and please consider joining a suicide club.

Any money should be spent on building the airline without side projects that are best described as remote pep rallies. Did Kirby come up with this? You're completely nuts if you buy into a poster suggesting that complaining about what the company spends money on is preventing you from being a part of a NEW US Airways (my opinion and interpretation).

Yeah, I bet if you're reading my comment you're thinking the Prince is just a bit bitter and easily annoyed at something so minor. You'd be right.

"Second verse. Same as the first." If employees don't realize that they are working not for a "new" airline, but rather for new management, that is their own fault. The branding is pretty much the same. Some policies have changed or are in the process of being thus. Again, issues better address via memo to affected employee groups. I don't want money spent this way. It is WRONG.

Why not put it on DVD? Were the VHS tapes cheaper? Does it matter when you are allowed to spend money on dumb projects. If you aren't as outraged as I am, that's fine. You can send me a nasty PM or share your opinion on the board. But I'm not done until I have created a fine powder out of this subject.

I am announcing the formation of my SPECIAL CRACK UNIT for MARKETING (hereafter known as S.C.U.M.) which will be producing a Viral Video available on the Internet sometime in the foreseeable future, produced with money stolen from various vending machines in a variety of airports. The subject will be CORPORATE WASTE, and any "Negative Nellies" who complain will be sent to the Gulag. MWAHAHAHA!!!

Stay tuned...

:up:

Exactly!...We ALL can make a change and show all the other carriers out there that we ROCK!

It only takes the effort to turn the page to the next chapter for this company to succeed...or close that door and open a new one!

We ALL make US fly!

The effort comes from leadership. And that is DP. Lanyards, buttons, tee shirts and the like don't pay bills. And they don't raise morale. The employees are treated as liabilities here. Not assets. And if this shindig is going to succeed that has to change.

We don't ROCK. We respond to leadership. And thus far DP isn't showing any. Since DP has seen fit to label us LCC, then I see fit to compare anything and everything we do to the true LCC. Southwest.

They empower assets (employees) to do their jobs and make decisions. They pay their assets (employees) substantially more than we do. They make money each and every quarter. And not on the backs of their assets. They make money because of their assets.

They just made the exact same amount we did for the quarter paying substantially higher wages than we do. Why? Could it be because our new business plan is base almost entirely on low wages and RJ's?

If DP wants to succeed he needs to copy what they do. Not reinvent the wheel and hand out lanyards to make us feel like we are important. He needs to understand we ARE important. WE can make or break this company.

Pay us the same as Southwest. Lead us the same as Southwest. Then we will become the LCC he thinks we are.

pilot

Wow, 6 months of work, and we get some new videos. I wonder if Gangwal is going to make a guest appearance? This is plain stupid. For this point in time.

US is dividing the groups by dragging out contract negotiations, etc etc etc.....

How much money does 6 months of developement costs? Along with production, editing, etc etc....then finally is all 35,000 employees going to get this? What's the total cost of this little project. Incredible.

And before you Kool Aide drinkers come attacking about, "why ya gotta beat down anything good mgmt does" You NEED to open your eyes. Mgmt does nice things such as this, but hasn't changed a bit behind closed doors. Example. Tempe Mgmt has come to PSA and explained the only way to get any more/bigger airplanes is for the pilots to freeze their current pay, and fly them for the rate of a smaller aircraft. Which wouldn't be a big deal, BUT the rate is below what this airplane should pay. At the same time they announce Repuklic is getting the 175's configured for 86 seats....and they pay their pilots 5-10.00 more an hour. AND we pay their expenses PLUS. Meanwhile mgmt puts this offer for 90 seaters on the table....not as something they negotiated...but simply on the table and said.
"TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, IT'S NOT UP FOR NEGOTIATIONS"

Ya....let's be one big happy family, while managment hides in the shadows with it's 2x4's.......

P.S. Before you start going on about the terrific wage that pilots make. F/O's here are lucky to break 19k their first year. 25-27k their 2nd year. They max out about 34-40k after 6 years.....

Latest posts