The Deal: Airline Unions Sign Pact To Ward Off Teamsters

but if you vote no and do get rid of the twu/iam association then you would become at will employees

True. And for 90% they have nothing to really worry about since they are already way below market rate. But the alternative is to leave the structures intact that have brought them to the bottom of the industry, below those of even "at will" workers. The guys are desperate for change, any change.

If they (the TWU/IAM) want to save this they have to make changes in the structures they are telling the members they should keep. For the TWU side they need to fire the appointed people, put them back at the wages they said everyone else should be happy with and allow the elected Presidents choose who will be the spokesman and chairman of their groups.

FED EX, Delta and Jet Blue all are non-union and all those mechanics are much better compensated than either US or AA.

This could just be another plug for the IBT. Nobody trusts this management enough to want to go non-union but nobody is happy with either the IAM or TWU, offering to keep them both in place pleases nobody except those drawing a paycheck from those two useless organizations. Lets face it, what does the TWU, IAM and IBT all have in common? They hate AMFA, so much so they wont even acknowledge that they are raiding at AA. They know if AMFA gets in at AA they will prevail against the IAM, and then AMFA would have the money to make an industry wide push, and they would likely prevail because conditions are not such that another NWA scenario could be played out. By offering what they know is unacceptable, two losers with no changes, and saying they are doing this to fend off the IBT (not AMFA), what would a dissatisfied member of either union be likely to do? Sign a card from the group thats trying to oust the Union that they are dissatisfied with! Thats why they dont even mention AMFA despite the fact that most believe that AMFA is closer to filing than the IBT. So the best thing for a dissatisfied member who doesnt want to be manipulated by any of these groups who have not been good for the profession to do would clearly be to fill out an AMFA card and screw them all!!

Reactions: 2 people
im simply just saying that for fsa and all the work groups your better off having a union as for the m&r good luck with the drive for amfa.. as for fsa twu/iam will be a better choice than having no union. ive been on both sides of the fence and id rather have a union vs no union i understand where youre coming from with the incompetent/impotent but with our nc team i think thngs could start to look up better now i cant say the same for the twu as ive never been with them

If the association is voted down, you wont be non-union, both unions will still represent the particular groups.

Can you people read?

If the association is voted down, you wont be non-union, both unions will still represent the particular groups.

Can you people read?

Of course you use the word "represent" loosely. Should be more like, the employees respective bargaining units will continue to collect dues, and maintain the status quo.

im simply just saying that for fsa and all the work groups your better off having a union as for the m&r good luck with the drive for amfa.. as for fsa twu/iam will be a better choice than having no union. ive been on both sides of the fence and id rather have a union vs no union i understand where youre coming from with the incompetent/impotent but with our nc team i think thngs could start to look up better now i cant say the same for the twu as ive never been with them

I agree, I'd rather have a union, without a doubt, especially with the mannagement teams at AA and US but are the TWU and IAM really Unions when they make excuses for the company and get the company below market rates for labor?

Can you people read?

Yes, but what are you reading?

Thats from the NMB?

this is from the IAM;

Q: Will I have the opportunity to vote on whether or not I am represented by the

Association?

A: Yes. Following the completion of the American
– US Airways’ merger, the

Associations will file representation applications with the National Mediation Board

(NMB), a federal agency, which will culminate in three separate elections, one for each

of the Mechanic & Related, Fleet Service and Stores classifications. You will vote in the

election of the classification in which you work with others from both carriers.

According to what I've read about the NMB in a representation election, the options would be for the Union (or association) that applied, non-union or write -in. Where does it say anything about voting simply yes or no for an association where if we reject it we simply remain in two seperate Unions? Where is such a process described other than your claims?

Reactions: 1 person
Explain this then, how can there be a vote to lose representation when there wasnt even any A-Cards signed?

It is not a regular representational election, the ibt and the cwa did the samething.

You are either voting for the association or to remain with each respective union.

Explain this then, how can there be a vote to lose representation when there wasnt even any A-Cards signed?

It is not a regular representational election, the ibt and the cwa did the samething.

You are either voting for the association or to remain with each respective union.
Funny how they enough Political Influence to protect their dues collection and appointed unaccountable theft of dues, but never enough Political Influence to change the Bankruptcy Laws, the Foreign Maintenance oversight, stop Right-to-Work Laws, or prevent negative changes in Workman's Compensation Laws. They have enough influence to get a pay increase for the non-dues paying illegals in their path to citizenship and paltry minimum wage increases that leave those on Government Entitlements without an increase in standard of living by going to work, but never enough influence to protect the dues payers. These Unions and the AFL-CIO are the biggest scam ever known to the working men and women of this country....bar none. This scam should be criminal, but because they keep giving money to politicians, there is just enough influence to keep the dues going to campaign finance and lobbying that fails the worker miserably. The whole agenda is to try to stop workers from voting in the representation of their choosing, which everyone would agree is as Anti-American as it gets.

Reactions: 4 people

Latest posts