The dem's finally throwing Biden under the bus?

IF someone solved world hunger and brought peace to the middle east, but destroyed our democracy, I still wouldn't give them a pass. If there is any cult, it is the cult of Trump. Tell me...he had such awesome policies, do you hope he's the candidate in 2024? I know he'll have your vote.

No you are also part of a cult. You just can’t accept it.

Anyway who I would want as far as running for office I lean towards Sherrod Brown or Amy Klobachar for the Democrats. Joe Manchin is also a fantastic moderate but even like Brown is a little old. Definitely don’t want Biden or Harris. One’s too old and the other is not intelligent enough for the position. Gretchen Whitmer isn’t too bad either. Clinton and Obama came out of nowhere so maybe there’s someone else waiting in the shadows to pop out and shine.

As far as Republicans Ron DeSantis is my governor here and has done an excellent job so far. Maybe Glenn Younkin or Mike Pompeo. I’d like to see “some” of the Trump doctrines move forward but Trump is also too old and should hang it up. Many of the other choices that could step up to the plate are also too Conservative for my tastes.

If it comes down (back) to a contest between Biden and Trump (God help us) I already said my choice on these boards and that’s not going to change. We do become more conservative as we age which when you think about it is very understandable, but any time I take those Political tests I still come out as a Libertarian or moderate Democrat. Definitely not in the ultra Liberal category and don’t subscribe to the Woke ideology either.

I’m not sure it matters anymore anyway? Florida seems to be firmly in the Red category and that’s where I live now. (Electoral College)

I’m guessing you’re riding with Uncle Joe from Scranton even if they had to trot him out in a wheelbarrow? Gotta stay committed to the wishes of your particular cult right?

IF someone solved world hunger and brought peace to the middle east, but destroyed our democracy, I still wouldn't give them a pass. If there is any cult, it is the cult of Trump. Tell me...he had such awesome policies, do you hope he's the candidate in 2024? I know he'll have your vote.

TO SUMMARIZE: Although the structure of the United States government as defined by the Constitution is technically a Mixed-Republic in the classical sense, there are many democratic aspects to the government in practice (especially at the state level), and thus we can describe the U.S. as a “mixed-Government” AKA “mixed-Constitution” or more specifically, a “mixed-Republic” (as the founders intended).”

TO SUMMARIZE: Although the structure of the United States government as defined by the Constitution is technically a Mixed-Republic in the classical sense, there are many democratic aspects to the government in practice (especially at the state level), and thus we can describe the U.S. as a “mixed-Government” AKA “mixed-Constitution” or more specifically, a “mixed-Republic” (as the founders intended).”

ONe of those huh? Maybe you'll understand this - I don't care if he solved world hunger and brought peace to the middle east but destroyed our REPUBLIC, I can't give him a pass. And in order to have a Republic, we have to have a DEMOCRATIC election of those to represent us in the Republic. When you cast so much doubt on the validity of an election, then you are destroying the REPUBLIC.

FWIW Desantis may be good for Florida when hes' not out of state campaigning for a office he isn't officially running for and inserting himself into another states issue to "make a statement" (which had to have pissed off presidential wannabe Greg Abbot), he's pretty much a political whore the rest of the time. BTW....you know all those headlines he got with woke Disney? Have you heard what eventually happened there? It Texas we had a saying for him - all hat and no cattle.

ONe of those huh? Maybe you'll understand this - I don't care if he solved world hunger and brought peace to the middle east but destroyed our REPUBLIC, I can't give him a pass. And in order to have a Republic, we have to have a DEMOCRATIC election of those to represent us in the Republic. When you cast so much doubt on the validity of an election, then you are destroying the REPUBLIC.

FWIW Desantis may be good for Florida when hes' not out of state campaigning for a office he isn't officially running for and inserting himself into another states issue to "make a statement" (which had to have pissed off presidential wannabe Greg Abbot), he's pretty much a political whore the rest of the time. BTW....you know all those headlines he got with woke Disney? Have you heard what eventually happened there? It Texas we had a saying for him - all hat and no cattle.

Vote for whoever you want. America provides you that opportunity. Depending on where you live your vote 🗳️ likely isn’t going to matter anyway. Florida and Texas are Red, California and New York are Blue.

And unlike you I still have an open mind to vote for the candidates I feel will serve me best whether they be Democrats or Republicans.

I actually (really) voted for this guy in 2020 because I think it was funny to say I voted for Rocky for President, 😂 and I actually went to the Polls more for the Ballot initiatives anyway rather than any of the candidates.

Last edited:
When it comes to president, it doesn't matter who you vote for. My vote has been wasted, even in years that I voted for the candidate that won my state (Bob Dole) but lost the election. Some people can't accept that Trump lost and figure it had to be cheating. I live in the largest county in Kansas (Johnson County). Johnson County has gone red every election since LBJ. But enough people in my county did NOT like Trump, and Biden was the first Democrat in 60 years to win. That's not a statement of any love for Biden, but it speaks volumes about a dislike of Trump. BUT...our Sheriff, being the good Trump Republican he is, conducted two investigations into cheating, even though nobody was demanding one, and Trump won the state anyhow. But it did uncover that either there was NO cheating, or that Democrats are as dumb as a box of rocks. Why? Save for one Senate seat, every other candidate was Red. If Democrats were going to cheat, why not cheat "down ballot" since their agenda has a better chance of being realized with a Democratic majority in congress.

When it comes to president, it doesn't matter who you vote for. My vote has been wasted, even in years that I voted for the candidate that won my state (Bob Dole) but lost the election. Some people can't accept that Trump lost and figure it had to be cheating. I live in the largest county in Kansas (Johnson County). Johnson County has gone red every election since LBJ. But enough people in my county did NOT like Trump, and Biden was the first Democrat in 60 years to win. That's not a statement of any love for Biden, but it speaks volumes about a dislike of Trump. BUT...our Sheriff, being the good Trump Republican he is, conducted two investigations into cheating, even though nobody was demanding one, and Trump won the state anyhow. But it did uncover that either there was NO cheating, or that Democrats are as dumb as a box of rocks. Why? Save for one Senate seat, every other candidate was Red. If Democrats were going to cheat, why not cheat "down ballot" since their agenda has a better chance of being realized with a Democratic majority in congress.

I’m ignoring your obsession. Basically if you read back you’re just talking to yourself about it now. But if you’re a D and need to vote only for D’s because the BIG D is what they wear on their shirts then yes you’re out of luck in Kansas aren’t you.

No you are also part of a cult. You just can’t accept it.

Anyway who I would want as far as running for office I lean towards Sherrod Brown or Amy Klobachar for the Democrats. Joe Manchin is also a fantastic moderate but even like Brown is a little old. Definitely don’t want Biden or Harris. One’s too old and the other is not intelligent enough for the position. Gretchen Whitmer isn’t too bad either. Clinton and Obama came out of nowhere so maybe there’s someone else waiting in the shadows to pop out and shine.

As far as Republicans Ron DeSantis is my governor here and has done an excellent job so far. Maybe Glenn Younkin or Mike Pompeo. I’d like to see “some” of the Trump doctrines move forward but Trump is also too old and should hang it up. Many of the other choices that could step up to the plate are also too Conservative for my tastes.

If it comes down (back) to a contest between Biden and Trump (God help us) I already said my choice on these boards and that’s not going to change. We do become more conservative as we age which when you think about it is very understandable, but any time I take those Political tests I still come out as a Libertarian or moderate Democrat. Definitely not in the ultra Liberal category and don’t subscribe to the Woke ideology either.

I’m not sure it matters anymore anyway? Florida seems to be firmly in the Red category and that’s where I live now. (Electoral College)

I’m guessing you’re riding with Uncle Joe from Scranton even if they had to trot him out in a wheelbarrow? Gotta stay committed to the wishes of your particular cult right?

I’m guessing you had difficulty understanding this since it’s completely outside of your T obsession?

Do you even know who Sherrod Brown is? Like I said even though he’s a little old (not too old) I think he’d make a great President. So too would have John Kasich. They have some really solid Politicians there in Ohio just getting the job done with little noise.

I’m ignoring your obsession. Basically if you read back you’re just talking to yourself about it now. But if you’re a D and need to vote only for D’s because the BIG D is what they wear on their shirts then yes you’re out of luck in Kansas aren’t you.

I’m guessing you had difficulty understanding this since it’s completely outside of your T obsession?

Do you even know who Sherrod Brown is? Like I said even though he’s a little old (not too old) I think he’d make a great President. So too would have John Kasich. They have some really solid Politicians there in Ohio just getting the job done with little noise.
AFter God knows how many insults about my intelligence, I'll just say - there are a lot of people who would have made a good president. The trouble was, they aren't the R or D candidate. It does little good to say "Sherrod Brown would make a nice president", and maybe you feel good in that you didn't vote for either, but if they aren't in one of those two parties, it won't happen.

As for being a D. I guess I am, despite the fact that I voted for Ford, Anderson, Perot and Dole. The two R's that I voted for are lovingly referred to as RINOS today. I almost voted for McCain, and were it not for that dingbat of a running mate I would have. NOw, the fact that we have a two party system and the fact that the people who are elected impact the REPUBLIC, I have to vote for one of them. I used to be registered Republican, but the Republican party that I belonged to no longer exists.

AFter God knows how many insults about my intelligence, I'll just say - there are a lot of people who would have made a good president. The trouble was, they aren't the R or D candidate. It does little good to say "Sherrod Brown would make a nice president", and maybe you feel good in that you didn't vote for either, but if they aren't in one of those two parties, it won't happen.

As for being a D. I guess I am, despite the fact that I voted for Ford, Anderson, Perot and Dole. The two R's that I voted for are lovingly referred to as RINOS today. I almost voted for McCain, and were it not for that dingbat of a running mate I would have. NOw, the fact that we have a two party system and the fact that the people who are elected impact the REPUBLIC, I have to vote for one of them. I used to be registered Republican, but the Republican party that I belonged to no longer exists.

Excellent response. This was the first response that didn’t sound like something regurgitated from any of those Cable influence channels. Most of my life I didn’t even bother voting. Now that I’m older though I do feel it’s somewhat important to pay attention to those ballot initiatives. I agree that McCain picked a dingbat. Biden also picked a dingbat. I’m honestly not sure which is worse? Still don’t know who the hell Mike Pence is either. Can’t explain why these Politicians pick these off the wall unknowns to run with? Hilary did the same thing with that guy whose name I can’t even remember.

You want to know why I should never have ever went to a poll in my life? Last week I got my first ever Jury Duty notice. If registering to vote had anything to do with that then I am the one who is stupid, stupid, stupid……

Oh and I’m registered Non Affiliated. I used to be a Democrat.

BTW funny how you say that the Republican Party that you belonged to doesn’t exist anymore. I feel the same way about the Democratic Party. Maybe the radicals on both sides get way more attention than they should.

But I will say at my age now it’s high time that I look after and worry about “my own” best interests over maybe giving away anything that I worked very hard in my life to acquire.

Nothing was handed to me on a silver platter and I personally don’t think anyone else deserves to ride the waves of life any easier than I did. No way…… DEI. 👎

YOu mean like when Trump rambled for two hours...urging his followers to never give up and fight like hell and if you don't you'll lose your country, then insisting that his words played no role in the little incident at the capitol. THOSE sheep believe that's the case, and he got away with it.
A couple judges ruled in the J6 trials where defendants tried to play 'Trump made me do it' , didn't work then and it won't work for you now.

A couple judges ruled in the J6 trials where defendants tried to play 'Trump made me do it' , didn't work then and it won't work for you now.
I dont' really care what a judge thinks. I'd prefer a jury trial. Because I heard what Trump said for weeks leading up to the day, and I saw what happened.

I dont' really care what a judge thinks. I'd prefer a jury trial. Because I heard what Trump said for weeks leading up to the day, and I saw what happened.

He never said storm the Capital loot, burn, pillage and kill. Although a case could be made that he was an ignoramus for underestimating the idiocy of (Some) of his followers who live in La La Land in their own minds.

Reactions: delldude
He never said storm the Capital loot, burn, pillage and kill. Although a case could be made that he was an ignoramus for underestimating the idiocy of (Some) of his followers who live in La La Land in their own minds.

"We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore," he said.

WATCH: Trump used ‘fight’ or ‘fighting’ 20 times in rally speech, Dean says​

WASHINGTON — A federal judge indicated Wednesday that then-President Donald Trump's remarks on Jan. 6, 2021, telling a crowd to "fight like hell" before the Capitol attack could have signaled to his supporters that he wanted them "to do something more" than just protest.

True...he never said attack the capitol. but a month earlier he urged supporters to show up on the 6th..promising "it will be wild". Now, I'm not as daring as I was when I was younger, but even today my idea of a "wild" time isn't listening to a septuagenarian give a rambling two hour speech. Then there was the infamous day...And while Trump did indeed use the word "peacefully", the lone reference to that word was in around the first 15 minutes. Then for an hour and 45 minutes he went on about fighting like hell and losing Democracy. Then ended with march to the capitol...but he forgot the "peaceful" part. Have you ever been to a motivational sepakers speech? It seems that at the end of their speech, you are fired up to conquer the world. That's at the end of the speech. IT's likely that you don't easily recall what he said in his opening remarks.

And yes, SOME of his looney followers thought that he really did mean to fight like hell...that's the biggest problem I had with the man....a powerful and charismatic (although I never got that part) who never gave a singlet thought to the power of his words. I KNOW it's politically correct and most likely would be considered "woke", but a speaker MUST understand the power of his words. I think Trump knew...he just never cared. And falls back on the 'I never told them to do any such thing'. Trump uses all sorts of incendiary language, and when called out on it comes back with this