The end of cash cow?

I also send the flyers they stuff in my bill in with my payment, and sometimes even more (if I have any extra mailers handy!)
It's certainly a good effort, but most of the payment centers/addresses are outsourced and even some are automated to a degree. I doubt anyone's getting the joke.

I agree, recyle, recyle, recyle!! I burned quite a few fake logs full of recycled mess this winter, the right ones will pop and make pretty colors too.

My understanding is that the program i s NOT over but they are reducing the milage to 20,000 from 25,000 on March 1st. All the signs must be changed as well as all the applications. The airport people are no longer needed as the employees have put the visa people out of biz. Good news for most of us who need to make up for the paycuts.

Bad news for those of us who have to listen to that crap twice a week.

Perhaps a better way to advertise/promote it would be to have a PROFESSIONAL (short) spiel on the level off video. That way none of the ad libs would be needed. A short, please see a flight crew member for an application and be done with it!

You know I never minded the Cash Cow Promotion. It was the 13 others either live on on the video that piss/pissed me off.

As long as the F/A's are getting $50.00 per application I'm OK with it. The day they stop getting paid is the day I start writing.

I'm OK with Trans Cons offering a shopping service like the Duty free does overseas. As long as the F/A's GET PAID a Commission.

If I wanted to shop, I'd go to the mall. If I wanted credit I'd go to the bank. I don't like being a captive audience for either when all I'm really trying to do is get from point A to point B.

Southwest, which many rag on as being trailer-parkish, does not do that.

Perhaps a better way to advertise/promote it would be to have a PROFESSIONAL (short) spiel on the level off video. That way none of the ad libs would be needed. A short, please see a flight crew member for an application and be done with it!
This is exactly what I suggested over 1 year ago.....there are way too many F/a's interested in "pimping up/down the aisle" and not overly concerned about you the pax getting a beverage on a short flight- and trust me, I have heard EVERY excuse and some of the most creative CashCow announcements scripted. And making their spiel on flights that leave in the early mornings, redeyes and irregular operations (delays/weather/mechanicals) is PLAIN STUPID. (Unfortunately the mooers only see the FIFTY BUCKS!)

:up: Hello everybody! The reason so many flight attendants prostitute themselves out with those stupid credit card applications is because they can barely afford to live on their small paychecks. Some of you may be thinking "Well, you all voted on the concessions so stop complaining!" I can tell you I certainly DID NOT vote on any of the concessions. I was furloughed! Had I still been flying, I would NOT have voted for concessions. That is a no brainer. Why would anybody vote yes to clean the airplanes, take pay cuts, or have a new reserve system that doesn't allow any of us to work? Some people might be scared of Dougie but I am not. I still ask people what they were thinking when they voted yes. I don't have anybody else supporting me so I have no choice but to be a cash cow whore. It is sad that I have a masters degree and a and all I can make is $1300 a month since I only make 20.68 an hour and fly 45 hours a month. Yes, I could go get another job and make more money. I have worked in corporate America and as a teacher. Even as a first year teacher I made more money. I didn't know how things were or I never would have come back to US Airways. Now that I am here, I wouldn't trade all the stress of teaching or working in an office for anything! At least I have a lot of free time to partake in other ventures. I am running a part time business that will be a full time in the near future. This is the only way I can survive since I REFUSE to work ETB trips on my days off. Thanks to all you spineless flight attendants who voted for our current contract!

Honey, I can count on ONE hand how many flight attendants admit that they voted for it. I know I sure as hell didn't. At the time of the threatened shutdown and forced contract I thought it couldn't get much worse. Shut er down was pretty much how I felt. That being said I also understand the cash cow pushers. I myself do it when I'm in the mood. Some just become this other being and ask 10 times before takeoff and the service, "When are we gonna do cash cow"? "Wanna do cash cow now". Uggggg the "Hey I have a REALLY good announcement I got from a friend" girl. Just read the damn announcement in the book. People are educated enough (some) to know if they want a credit app or not. I don't think the company is gonna stop it regardless of the complaints due to the money it brings in. Write up the f/a's caught in the act of their 5 minute announcement if there is a ghost rider on that flight. :up:

Honey, I can count on ONE hand how many flight attendants admit that they voted for it. I know I sure as hell didn't. At the time of the threatened shutdown and forced contract I thought it couldn't get much worse. Shut er down was pretty much how I felt. That being said I also understand the cash cow pushers. I myself do it when I'm in the mood. Some just become this other being and ask 10 times before takeoff and the service, "When are we gonna do cash cow"? "Wanna do cash cow now". Uggggg the "Hey I have a REALLY good announcement I got from a friend" girl. Just read the damn announcement in the book. People are educated enough (some) to know if they want a credit app or not. I don't think the company is gonna stop it regardless of the complaints due to the money it brings in. Write up the f/a's caught in the act of their 5 minute announcement if there is a ghost rider on that flight. :up:

Good for you for voting no! I know people who openly admit that they voted yes.

That is annoying when you fly with people who are obsessing over it and make several announcements and terrorize all the pax with the applications. When I commute, sometimes I listen to the announcements and other times they are so long that I tune out completely. Or better yet, you find one of the other flight attendants in the galley throwing away all of your applications that you handed him/her. Talk about having the mad cow disease!

Latest posts