The End of MDA

They were not given access to the crew room in Philly. Almost ALL DCA trips and PIT trips go through Philly. Once there on a 3-4 hour sit, where would you like them to go?
If Republic management wasn't so cheap they could give them a place to go. The mainline crew room is paid for by mainline management to be used by the mainline crews. If the Republic crews need a place to go, they can either go to the Express crew room in F or have their management rent them a room of their own. I know it isn't their fault not having a place of their own to go, but that is the price you pay when you work for a penny pinching outfit like RJet.

Another thing though, just because they aren't given access to the crew room, doesn't make it ok to act unprofessionally in public.

Dorf

They were not given access to the crew room in Philly. Almost ALL DCA trips and PIT trips go through Philly. Once there on a 3-4 hour sit, where would you like them to go?
Not my Problem, maybe they should ASK REPUBLIC MANAGEMENT.
I can not go sit in a American or United Room as a USAirways Employee.

WE knew who were... and it was not "Express". after a few months they stopped asking about express wings because no one wore them anyway and plus the pilots fought for and were allowed to wear thier regular wings and hat emblems so they dropped the issue.
What a great show of solidarity without being disruptive and confrontational your voices was heard all over the system.

What a great show of solidarity without being disruptive and confrontational your voices was heard all over the system.

john john- thank you! our intention was never to be confrontational and i think they realized that quicly... the intention was to be a class act until the bitter end... because we wanted to be and everyone felt the same. i bet they miss us now! maybe a lesson has been learned by someone somewhere along the way about employee loyalty versus quick cash.

twicebaked- looking forward to seeing you to! can't wait to come back and make mainline just as proud!

Bobby- you don't want to know where i would like for those RW (replacement workers) f/as to go!!!!

The last MidAtlantic flight from Key West....

e1702.jpg

finaleyw.jpg

Was amazing watching the MDA guys come in and out of our lil tiny airport... the runway is all of 4801 feet long... and this takeoff roll was maybe 2500 feet if even that (Taxiway "D" is about 1100 feet from the end)

Also in the final days... some folks you may recognize :)
595590388_l.jpg

:( :( :(

They are both fantastic f/as. ive flown with the lady, she is from boston and lots of fun. really good with the customers

Joe just graduated US-West.. err HP a few weeks ago.
You got it right.....US-West.

The last MidAtlantic flight from Key West....

e1702.jpg

finaleyw.jpg

Was amazing watching the MDA guys come in and out of our lil tiny airport... the runway is all of 4801 feet long... and this takeoff roll was maybe 2500 feet if even that (Taxiway "D" is about 1100 feet from the end)

Also in the final days... some folks you may recognize :)
595590388_l.jpg

:( :( :(
I miss going into Key West and the conch fritters! Recognize them both...great f/a's!

I just wish we could have helped you guys out more ... I know a lot of the crews got upset we wouldn't order food for them on turns. Not to make PSA look bad (started with them), but I know a few times the order wasn't put in properly or something got mixed up and we got stuck with the bill - I know I was on a few occasions -- and the mgr put a stop to it... she'd perk out her office anytime someone would call in over the freq asking for an order. We eventually had menus printed up and kept at the gate -- new flight crews would always ask for them as they landed, and we'd gladly give them the menu and # to call, normally right before T/O in FLL, and by the time they'd land it would be ready :p

Just a note of thanks to both the Key West, and every other station's crew, you folks were great to work with.

I am glad that MDA will be remembered fondly, I was proud to have flown there and to work with the people that staffed the operation. I was very impressed with the professionalism and quality of those who flew and worked the E-170.

Good luck to everyone while we await recall to U.

R. :D

So are there any official plans for May 27th?

Just a reminder that MDA's last flight :( is tomorrow night. Heard there was to be some sort of party/get together at the PIT hanger starting around 2200. Don't know any more details than that.

Dorf

As the former TechPubs Manager of MAA, I can honestly say my time there was among the happiest and most professional of my 10 years at US Airways.

I'll never forget the number of times I asked...Why are we doing it this way and why can't we do it better, fast, more efficient, and in such a way that makes sense?

I'll also never forget the wonderful folks I had the distinct honor and privilege to work with either. For some, it is a relationship that continues to this day. We gave, we took, and we shared....sort of like *family* members do.

Though now I am unemployed (axed on 31 March from corporate safety) I'll always consider myself so very very lucky to have spent the time I did with a group of wonderful people.

Wishing you all the best for your respective futures.....Eduardo.

Back