Maa Begins Training Pilots

The staffing formula calls for 24 F/A's per aircraft delivery. So at the rate of 2 a/c per month, I would assume classes of about 24ish every 2 weeks? But nothing has been officially set.

Wow..if that were the case...I guess I will be waiting awhile.....I have like 500 that are senior to me....not counting Dec furlough coming up....does anyone know the number on that yet? :(

xoxo said:
How many f/a per month will be called back? How many in each 10 day class? How many classes per month?
There will be 2 classes of 25 starting on Dec 8th. and ending Dec 19th. I would assume that that would be the last until after the holiday. After that point, there should be only 1 class of 25 at a time. I've heard that the Director (Sharon Goddin) does not wish to overlap classes. Really, you would have to with only 2 aircrafts arriving a month starting in Nov.

Also, in response to your thoughts about how long it would take you to get called to MDA...keep in mind many almost everyone on the property right now is on A scale or a year or less shy of it. Many of these folks CANNOT take a pay cut like that. So, you would be suprilsed at how fast you get called to MDA.

Question for those that seem to be in the know about MAA.

If MAA is to begin operating EMB170's, why is simulator training being done in Montreal?

MAA simulator training is being conducted in Montrael because Montreal based CAE builds the sims. and maintains a training center there.