The end of the line for the "Whale?"

Though I've flown only twice on the 777, and that was in steerage, the 747 will probably always be my sentimental favorite for long distance travel. I flew on one the first time from IAH-AMS on KLM in 1979. Business Class. It was an incredible experience. I had a friend in Houston who said (every time she stepped on one), "When does this place get to London, or Paris, or wherever she was going that trip?" LOL

E-- I read that when it came out. Hard to believe the changes in such a short time...

Jim-- I think it's a sentimental favorite for a lot of people. Certainly still gets heads to turn...

My first trip was from ORD-SeaTac.
Lounge, Piano bar, Roast beef buffet.
Trip to RVN 1972...
No one will ever see this again
Love the whale and will miss it.
My first choice of travel.

Reactions: 1 person
There are reports that Boeing is in talks with Emirates for some 747-8.  People are guessing that Emirates is pushing Airbus to put new engines on the A380 and the talks with Boeing are just to put pressure on them to do so.  Not that an airline would ever do something like that. ;)

It's also been reported  that Asiana is looking to buy about five of the 747-8F to replace some of their 747-4F.  Which would be good for the line.  However as we have seen with the MD-11 and A300/310 it's hard to keep a line open on freighter sales alone

Latest posts