The Executive Committee Meeting

I suppose removing the recently elected would be a violation of the constitution. If we succeed in that - violating the constitution once again - then we can re-elect the same ones who cannot get along. Makes sense to me....

It has been strangely (or should I say, ominously) quiet at Useless Blvd for over a week now. Does anyone know if there have been further skirmishes, plan for skirmishes, etc in the on-going saga of "As the APFA Burns."

I'm really only interested in 3 issues right now...
1. The infamous 16 unopened STL ballots.
2. The resignation, or not, of the secretary. And, the real story behind it all.
3. The alleged constitutional revision designed to deny furloughees the right to vote.

Inquiring minds want to know. Hell, I'll settle for idle gossip at this point. (I don't really believe in spreading gossip, but personally, I can't think of anything else to do with it. Gossip is like fertilizer and money--useless unless you spread it around.)

Have a good Memorial Day everyone! For those of you still on the line, Fly Safe.

jimntx said:
It has been strangely (or should I say, ominously) quiet at Useless Blvd for over a week now. Does anyone know if there have been further skirmishes, plan for skirmishes, etc in the on-going saga of "As the APFA Burns."

I'm really only interested in 3 issues right now...
1. The infamous 16 unopened STL ballots.
2. The resignation, or not, of the secretary. And, the real story behind it all.
3. The alleged constitutional revision designed to deny furloughees the right to vote.

Inquiring minds want to know. Hell, I'll settle for idle gossip at this point. (I don't really believe in spreading gossip, but personally, I can't think of anything else to do with it. Gossip is like fertilizer and money--useless unless you spread it around.)

Have a good Memorial Day everyone! For those of you still on the line, Fly Safe.
I think they will be done formally writing the language for the proposed constitutional changes next week at which time the next step of membership ratification begins.

The election is now in the hands of the DOL, given that they are a government agency, I imagine they don't move with any swiftness.

Don't know about the secretary.

s80dude said:
The election is now in the hands of the DOL, given that they are a government agency, I imagine they don't move with any swiftness.
Do we know for a fact that a complaint was filed with the DOL? I know that the DOL will not step in unless a formal complaint is filed, or unless the U.S. Atty General instigates an investigation of a union (mostly financial dealings over the years).

I've never gotten anyone to confirm that a complaint was filed and by whom. I do know that there was a very small window of opportunity for filing a complaint--something like within 30 days of exhausting all union internal remedies, like grievances and/or recounts.

Latest posts