The Final Draft - A letter to Mr Seigel from a US1

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/5/2002 11:38:50 AM RealityCheck wrote:

Such action is very representative of the rest of one's persona, business and otherwise, and it's not very flattering.
----------------

My point exactly.

Drole..You cleverly left off the first sentence, attempting to change the meaning , intent ,and target.You must be a Clintonite.
----------------
[/blockquote]

I learned from the best! Ok, I'm done now [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/12.gif']

Such action is very representative of the rest of one's persona, business and otherwise, and it's not very flattering.
----------------

My point exactly.

Drole..You cleverly left off the first sentence, attempting to change the meaning , intent ,and target.You must be a Clintonite.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/5/2002 11:10:10 AM geo1004 wrote:

Don't you mean it's "I before E" ???
----------------
[/blockquote]

If you are going to be technical on an apostrophe, no English sentence should end with 3 question marks.
[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/5/2002 12:30:00 PM usresman wrote:

POST DELETED BY MODERATOR
----------------
[/blockquote]

Resman, you've got the one guy on here who is most likely the strongest supporter of USAirways...so much so that I sometimes think he named his firstborn after USAirways (Art in ISP) and you're company has not only told him to get *****ed, but so have you. That's some mighty fine customer service from a service oriented company.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/5/2002 12:50:20 PM KCFlyer wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/5/2002 12:30:00 PM usresman wrote:

POST DELETED BY MODERATOR
----------------
[/blockquote]

Resman, you've got the one guy on here who is most likely the strongest supporter of USAirways...so much so that I sometimes think he named his firstborn after USAirways (Art in ISP) and you're company has not only told him to get *****ed, but so have you. That's some mighty fine customer service from a service oriented company.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Its a sad state of affairs when a passenger devotes his life to an airline, I know some good people at the Catholic Vocational Office he should talk to if hes looking to devote his life to a worthy cause. Perhaps even GreenPeace or PETA... but an Airline..
Give me a break.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/4/2002 11:04:37 PM geo1004 wrote:

N305AS: The utter insanity of your comments that someone (in this case, Tom) who flies 200,000 miles a year does not warrant US Airways' recognition as a "valued customer" boggles the imagination.

You have been drinking too much Company Kool-Aid. You so readily accept the assumption that $700 (a hypothetical full fare for a short hop on the east coast) is the appropriate fare for a passenger to pay and that all other fares are "discounted" as if the airline was doing us a favor for offering those fares in the first place!!! Perhaps Timothy Leary taught your version of Econ 101 but simply because a price exists for a product in the marketplace does not mean the price is warranted....

Southwest and JetBlue have proven this to be the case... and they make mney! Hmmmmmm.
----------------
[/blockquote]

On the contrary, N305AS is on to the real world that I too encounter daily as an airline employee: the inordinate cost of providing elite privileges (note the use of privileges, not rights) to high-maintenance, high-cost, low-yield elite customers.

While many of our elites are a pleasure to serve, there are also many who take on an entitlement mentality that goes way over the line. Almost invariably the latter are the ones who whine and pout and even become abusive because a first class upgrade is not available and/or because they are told there will be a fare difference and service fee to change their 69.00 time/day specific web special fare to a prime time flight. It is those who pay the least who expect--and cost our airline--the most.

To paraphrase a top agent who works our elite desk, it sure gets old working this department; we work hard to try to make money for the company and then turn around and throw it away with what we do for our elites who are as likely as anyone to be paying our lowest fares. He is no more insane than N305AS; he too knows fact from fiction--just happens that the US elites who started this topic don't seem to like hearing the truth.

The only consolation(?) I can offer to the disgruntled US elites who have weighed in on this subject is to say that the decision announced by US is a reaction to their own stupidity. It was US (and othe Cartel members) who created a seriously flawed elite status game and were soundly defeated at their own game by customers traveling at below-cost fares much of the time. At the same time US (and other Cartel members) incurred huge costs to provide preferential treatment to non-profit or break-even customers. So, in predictable Cartel airline fashion, US turned around and gave what is rightfully perceived as a reactionary slap-in-the-face to their elite customers who, by playing the game within the rules made by US, beat US at their own game.

And then there's the issue of the outrageous, irrational, grossly inequitable fare structures of US and the Cartel which compelled frequent travelers (and those who pay their expenses) to seek alternatives to the rapacious unrestricted fares the Cartel was foolish enough to think they could sustain. But that is another topic.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/4/2002 11:31:27 PM RealityCheck wrote:

The business model for LUV may be envied to some degree, but Jet Blue isnt even in the same ball park let alone sport where major air carriers are concerned.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Funny you should say that...Braniff thought the same thing about LUV in the late 70's and early 80's.

For customers venting to employees.. sorry u need to vent but you will recognize most of our employees are stressed to the max... theres very little any of us here on this board can do... with all do respect our company is in chapter 11 do we make mistakes sure we do...i think everyone feels your pain all be it we have our own pain. This is not the forum to vent your frustrations and obviously the 3 of you have sent letters to the appropriate people. As an employee of 15 yrs i had little problems with the new rules with a few exceptions which will in my opinion be corrected . In the mean time please understand the frustrations of this employee group our sole focus which is to survive .. WE DONT MAKE POLICY we enforce it or in some cases aplogize for it.

[blockquote]
----------------
DELETED POST DELETED BY MODERATOR
----------------

Rhino,

I use ISP because it is convenient for me. I don't fly WN because I refuse to get stuck in a middle seat and I can't always arrive at an airport 2hr before a flight. And I would NEVER take a stupid itinerary just for miles and take my family. JFK is inconvenient, about an hour away.

And who do I think I am? Who do you think YOU are? I take most of my trips based on price and convenience. My loyalty to US has been until now because of their professionalism and reliability.

Whether or not I fly WN is not really your concern, but I am sharing my experiences and opinions with my friends here. If you don't agree or don't care to read them feel free to move on. But I will not tolerate personal attacks.

If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing.

[My loyalty to US has been until now because of their professionalism and reliability...If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing.]

Art,

1) I don't care if you don't fly WN, ever. But don't make those ignorant cattlecar remarks without having them thrown back at you. You don't have two hours? You spend a lot more than that waiting on those goofy connects.

2) Reliability? I've been reading for years of your *****in' about the Dash 8 cnx rates in ISP. I would have thought you'd have learned by now.

Enjoy those Dash 8s and the PHL hub. (That was nice, wasn't it?)

I trade thanks for your response.. Of course i m concerned any time we lose a substancial amount of buisness. Im not so sure about mgt reading these post and if they are they would find 3 or 4 upset customers based on my readings.. You also have to understand that as an employee although to u its a door slammed in face attitude, many employees and observers felt the giveaways were getting way out of hand especially when you tally in the amount of return you get . Im not trying to argue enough of that has occurred .. Al i can say is good luck and God speed ....

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/5/2002 1:28:15 PM usfliboi wrote:

For customers venting to employees.. sorry u need to vent but you will recognize most of our employees are stressed to the max... theres very little any of us here on this board can do... with all do respect our company is in chapter 11 do we make mistakes sure we do...i think everyone feels your pain all be it we have our own pain. This is not the forum to vent your frustrations and obviously the 3 of you have sent letters to the appropriate people. As an employee of 15 yrs i had little problems with the new rules with a few exceptions which will in my opinion be corrected . In the mean time please understand the frustrations of this employee group our sole focus which is to survive .. WE DONT MAKE POLICY we enforce it or in some cases aplogize for it.
----------------
[/blockquote]

We understand this. The point is not to vent on you all since you did not make the policy. However, we do understand that UM does read these posts and they should be made aware of the damage that will be done should all these policies be implemented.

Moreover, you all should be concered by the policies as 100,000+ passengers are vowing not to fly the airline anymore. That is 100,000+ passengers that you cannot afford to annoy.

I know they pay more attention than you think they do. Note that there are 500 lurkers on the board right now.

As to 3 or 4 concerned passengers, try several hundred or thousand. Flyertalk is a perfect example of the concern.

Thousands????????? Man a few posters on here doesnt mean thousands... sure people werne happy but i think there are more important things post 911 than worring about perks... survival being one of them

Latest posts