The Future?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/28/2003 1:53:57 PM mrplanes wrote:

Just curious savy:

How much should a pilot be paid annually?

How much should a 35 year pilot pension be annually?

How much should a mechanic be paid annually?

How much should a 35 year mechanic be paid annually?

Do you have the guts to answer those questions? Or would you just rather lob the "overpaid" bomb into the works as most liberals and class envy types do? And while we're at it.

What should a flight attendant be paid annualy?

What should a 35 year flight attendant pension be annually?

Inquiring minds want to know your opinion of what an employee is worth.

mr
----------------
[/blockquote]

Mrplanes has a major point here. LABOR DOES NOT LIQUIDATE AIRLINES AND LABOR DID NOT LIQUIDATE EASTERN!

This issue of DPP terminations is NOT just an USAirways ALPA deal....IT IS AN ACROSS THE BOARD ALPA PILOT situation. Probably more like an across the board Nation wide pension issue with co.s that have always dreamed of ridding their companies of the DPP.

If U's pilots cannot prevent a termination, THEN every airline who has defined pensions that go underfunded with their pilots WILL ATTEMPT TO TERMINATE.

The pilots here at U are dealing with the entire "kitten kaboodle". Freezing a pension is what many bankrupt chaper 11 companies do. Those who do not emerge from BK, terminate; those who emerge "freeze".

Again, this co. will not Liquidate. period.

Let the pilots do their thing!

And Bob, I still love ya, so don't beat me up.
1.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/28/2003 1:29:10 PM mrplanes wrote:

No gil, management ended Eastern. Management ended Braniff. Management ended Pan Am. And management will either save or end USAirways. Labor does not make the decisions. Management does.

mr
----------------
[/blockquote]
now you are sending out that "old style unionism" that you accused me of still adhering to.in case you didn't notice,the IAM proved some assinine point at eastern. don't give that mularky about labor doesn't make any decisions...your MEC make you happy last time they brought you your 'package"....management decide for you to cross IAM picket lines in 92?you better read your posts...you sound worse than me.hehehe.i'm sure,you'll say 'just wait'....well bring it on DUDE

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/28/2003 2:56:14 PM savyinvestor wrote:

Does a flite attendant or mechanic deserve a fraction of what a pilot gets? Not if I'm running the company. ----------------
[/blockquote]
SAVY:pLEASE ELABORATE HERE AS TO WHAT YOU MEAN"NOT IF I'M RUNNING THE CO."

Bob,

Now that issue makes for a very interesting argument, and you do make a nice point. I understand, "cause and effect", but, there are other solutions that can be presented by this management, if they so desire. Hell, Dr. Bonehead even slipped and said when interviewed about this that there maybe other ways to solve this problem.

This mangement,IMO, has the ability, and the expertise to move away from the obvious and be "creative".

They need to work for their dollar.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/28/2003 5:25:09 PM LavMan wrote:

Pit Bronner was not at the hearing, he sent a lackey
----------------
[/blockquote]

LavMan,

I stated that when he was interviewed.

Bob,

I believe you are under the impression that this pension issue is a "last minute shuffle". It is not.

This has been an ongoing "saga" since past summer.

That was the #1 issue. Its just now getting alot of public attention and press. This management had months and months to negotiate for resolution with ALPA. They had them for 6 weeks in intense negotiations in summer concessions, and 5 days of intenseness in winter negotiations.

The travesty of this entire pension delimma is that the co. waited till they "sucked" the pilot's blood DRY, and then went in for the kill. I get the impression from the pilots that they believed the issue was resolved after Round #2 negotiations. In fact, this same management forced all the other groups to come to the table the week of the Dec. 20th "L" deadline, and said that ALPA stepped up to the plate and did more than their fair share and now it was up to us to ante-up.

How come no one talks about Management "posturing?

Welcome to the Regional Airline industry the same industry "represented" by ALPA and various other unions over the years. The chickens have come home to roost.