the IAM is mad at the back door deals at AA!

It seems pretty simple to me. I have 30 yrs with AA, Ted has 29 with US, I have more seniority and therefore pick my station, job, shift etc...unless of course there is a fence. Yes? (in fleet)

No dovetailing is date of hire into the classification, not straight DOH.

Try again.

At US I had a date of hire for travel, vacation accrual and bidding, I also had two different dates of classification, one for when I was utility and one for when I was a stock clerk.
You are Hung up on a word.

Lists can be dovetailed by both methods of Doh or Relative seniority.
And if you were in a committee then you should know this AND know the difference between the two.

Ask the Airtran guys how they are liking their new huge raises and better benefits of our AMFA contract.
Not too many complaints so far.

...Which is what you should be talking up.

AMFA makes a big deal out of promoting the craft, and bettering the lives of it's membership. You should've been proud to welcome a bunch of fellow AMT's up to your level as equals. Instead, you talking about kicking the ladder out as if it's a selling point.

The IAM will be irrelevant following the merger (at least to AA's mechanics). As of 1/1/13, US says it has 3,514 maintenance and related employees. Even after the early outs, AA has more than twice that number of M&R.

AA mechanics needn't worry about the IAM. What AA's mechanics should be focused on is that unless they quickly vote out the TWU, that worthless union will again pretend to represent them, this time in negotiations for seniority integration and a combined contract. Is that what you guys want?

...Which is what you should be talking up.

AMFA makes a big deal out of promoting the craft, and bettering the lives of it's membership. You should've been proud to welcome a bunch of fellow AMT's up to your level as equals. Instead, you talking about kicking the ladder out as if it's a selling point.
Ok Kev, we have been down this road before.
And if I must then I will say it again.

Nobody got a ladder kicked out from under them.
Our new AMFA members coming from Airtran have gained huge raises, better benefits and job security by joining us on our contract.
It could have taken them 10 years or never to get these wages and benefits if there was no merger.
They gained everything and voted to trade a mere 4 years on a list to get it.
I welcome them all, including our new hires from AA and elsewhere, and am glad they will be getting our AMFA negotiated pay rates.
I thank them all for agreeing to compromise and reach a deal outside of arbitration.

AMFA did not tell us we had to accept a deal that was not fair to both sides. The AMFA system allowed us to make our own decisions, vote and negotiate for ourselves.

Our agreement raised up both sides.

Ask how the AA guys will feel when after their merger they are still stuck in their TWU negotiated garbage contract instead of at least being given benefits that the other side gets?

I am proud to say that we are glad that our ex-Airtran guys now make a good wage, and we will try to get them more on our next contract.

The IAM will be irrelevant following the merger (at least to AA's mechanics). As of 1/1/13, US says it has 3,514 maintenance and related employees. Even after the early outs, AA has more than twice that number of M&R.

AA mechanics needn't worry about the IAM. What AA's mechanics should be focused on is that unless they quickly vote out the TWU, that worthless union will again pretend to represent them, this time in negotiations for seniority integration and a combined contract. Is that what you guys want?
If the IAM gets 35% A-Cards of the combined workforce they can force an election, guess you didnt know that.

Plz explain this senority issue more

If the IAM prevails you won't have seniority, it will be just like the TWA FAs and ground workers. Of course, the opinions of the legacy AA workers that rationalized the hardship for the TWA workers with "their airline was bankrupt" will quickly change even though a likely AMR/LCC transaction won't be an asset purchase like AMR/TWA in 2001.

Josh

Roach and Buffy must not have been paid off. As a business union, the IAM supports consolidation when they stand to gain membership and opposes it when they are likely to see ranks fall like the DL/NW merger.

Josh

The IAM has always uses dovetail, because of people that start in the company in a different department and transfer.

At US they use DOH travel and vacation and DOC for job bidding, shifts, etc....

How well did it work out for the TWA workers? The IAM engineered their sell out.

Josh

Once again your spreading your misinformation.

The law prevents a stapling job.

How many times do you have to be told AA forced all the unions at TWA to give up their LPPs or they wouldnt have bought TWA and it would have gone out of business?

It went to arbitration, APA and APFA stapled the former employees, not the IAM, the TWU's arbitration was a mixed formula.

I have been through three mergers being represented by the IAM and did not lose one day of seniority nor did the other company's employees lose any seniority.

Stop lying all ready.

If the IAM gets 35% A-Cards of the combined workforce they can force an election, guess you didnt know that.

No, I do know that. But so what? IMO, the IAM would not prevail even if it forced an election.

all ready vs already
All ready means "completely ready".
For example: "Are you all ready for the test?"
Already is an adverb that means before the present time or earlier than the time expected.
For example: "I asked him to come to the cinema but he'd already seen the film."
Or

"Are you buying Christmas cards already? It's only September!"

http://www.learnenglish.de/mistakes/alreadyvsallready.htm

Josh

Back