The liquidation Analysis report filed by US AIRWAYS

a320av8r,

This loose cannon doesn't represent the IAM Fleet leadership on this agreement.He desperatley wants to kill the deal because he feels he'll be unfairly hurt by it.His information has small bits of truth wrapped in large quantities of deception and out and out lies.

This is the official Fleet Union postition: "Our members have to examine their own personal situation,compare employment alternatives,and determine if this agreement is in their best interest,"said District 141 President Randy Canale."Each member has to make their own personal business decision.Based on the foregoing,the District 141 Solidarity Commettee recommends a 'yes' vote for ratification to preserve all your personal options."

a320av8r,

The Union leadership representing mechanics and utility also recommended ratification: "We believe the agreement affords US Airways the best opportunity to avoid liquidation and preserve our members' jobs," said District 141-M President Scotty Ford."Therefore,the District 141-M Negotiating Committee recommends ratification of this tentative agreement."

These are the people who have the real information.These also are the people who don't give in easily unless there is no alternative!!

The worker is good and management is corrupt and greedy.This kind of fixed idea is preventing you from seeing our situation clearly.Tim, it's great to have convictions but when one becomes to firmly fixed he ceases to analyse reliably.

We need reasonable people thinking rationally . This has nothing to do with education .Most people can recognize a real threat unless they are viewing life through their solidly fixed ideas.

We, as a group have been through alot together.We are battle hardened and true survivors and are as tough as they come.I have faith that rationality will win out tomorrow.

Good luck to us all

Question in mailbox.

Tim who would buy the parts or planes for this airline if Chip and others insist the company will liquidate over ramp issues? Maybe that is why a liquidation doesn't have a considerably greater value than keeping the airline afloat.

I have seen reports of this in the media and I'm sure there aren't airlines standing in line to buy planes, engines, etc. I'm sure this had an effect on the report.

Actually I think Chip and the gang have given up on that argument since it is not finally persuasive. Instead of pointing to Bronner they are now pointing to the judge.

At any rate, the point I have established is that according to the company's own "Top" financial advisors, their conclusion is
"signifcant value would not be realized in a liquidation, either in whole or in substantial parts" (pieces).
It naturally flows that the last thing Bronner wants to do is liquidate. He wants to make the best possible return and so does GE.

Regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman 1487
215-440-6392

ps. THe mailbox is full, I'm doing my best to return calls and questions.

Biffman, I will respond to your personal questions you asked me. But can you please leave my education out of it?
Disagree with me, agree with me, constructively make an appeal (which I have seen you can).

If you are only saying that we should let an attorney do our thinking then I understand your position, but if you are trying to tell me that I or anyone else is mindless over a lawyer then I think you should reconsider your stance. The great majority of Americans can't stand attorneys because the attorneys are usually bought off and cutting deals. So please don't put too much on what an attorney says especially if the company is funding them.

And BTW, when I said the attorneys (and staff being other financial people) were paid by the company, didn't that mean anything to you?
And whose interest do you think they have in mind?
Yours?

At any rate, to answer another of your personal questions. No I never practiced law in a court room.
No, I'm not smart. Look, I have had to work very hard in my education. But my grades have been tops and I have been told my work may get published soon.

And don't automatically assume that everyone wants to leave the ramp. I work the ramp because my ole man was a die hard union guy who took me on the picket line at the GM subsidy he worked at. I grew up with labor and I never forgot where I came from (Youngstown, Ohio). I identify with labor and choose to work where I do because that's where I fit in with this society. I am not a shirt and tie guy.
I fight doggedly for worker justice, and
often-times that puts me at odds with the union.
I do not believe in a paternal type of unionism, i.e., "that the union is always right." I am not pro-union or anti-union, I am pro-worker.

I identify with labor, i.e., rank and filers and I recognize corporate greed and I hate the greedy corporate fabrication when I see it.

Regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman 1487
215-440-6392

Tim,

You said you are "PRO WORKER" and you seem to for get all the other "WORKERS" that you don't serve. The only thing you care about is the preception that you are so smart. You already know the answer even before the question is asked.

Tell me how you know for sure that a NO vote will not close the doors. Will you back your answer with FACTS and not opinons? Will you stand up in front of the all the employees and tell them you were wrong if this place closes down? How could you live with yourself if you are wrong?

Networking, the ATSB, RSA, and GECAS are demanding the cuts and the court has a primary responsibility to the creditors. It appears if any TA is rejected, the cuts could be deeper with the news from Bill Freiberger and the TWU attorney of the pending S.1113 process.[BR][BR]Apparently union leaders have been told there will be no more negotiations and any union who rejects a TA could find themself defending their position in front of Judge Mitchell next Thursday.[BR][BR]Less than a week is not a long time to prepare a case, but I bet the comapny's is done.[BR][BR]Chip

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/9/2003 8:40:44 PM BottomFeeder wrote:

Tim,

You said you are "PRO WORKER" and you seem to for get all the other "WORKERS" that you don't serve. The only thing you care about is the preception that you are so smart. You already know the answer even before the question is asked.

Tell me how you know for sure that a NO vote will not close the doors. Will you back your answer with FACTS and not opinons? Will you stand up in front of the all the employees and tell them you were wrong if this place closes down? How could you live with yourself if you are wrong?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Bottomfeeder.
I have already said I am not smart, I also am not perfect and I used to inhale when I smoked reefer years ago, I am also a sinner.
And most of all, this contract isn't about Tim Nelson, so you needn't worry.
If I came across with the appearance that I think I'm smart then I offer my apologies. I am making a persuasion on the floor that I believe is finally convincing to the ramp. Time will tell and it won't be Tim Nelson that will decide but the jury.

Can I guarantee this company won't liquidate over ramp issues? I can't guarantee that you won't drown if you take a bath. See my earlier post on this thread regarding this question.

My eyes are straining to see so I must resign for the day. Thanks to all of you for your concerns on this board and a special thanks to Chip Munn who has the character to post his real name.

I doubt if me and Chip have agreed to anything this day, but in the end, if he comes to ORD I hope he looks me up because lunch would be on me.

Regardless of the vote outcome, I hope workers can live with eachothers decision.

Regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman 1487
ps. mailbox is full and I have been online most of this day at this site so I apologize for not getting to the messages. I will be conducting a vote tomorrow.

Tim....many of us support you fully. It truly amazes me that the yes pushers don't care that most of the CWA'ers and IAM'ers will not make enough to support a family....let alone send their children to college....especially after many have put in 16 years or more to the company. To vote yes there must be some sort of incentive. To vote ourselves into a 50% paycut is absurd. For a company that does not believe we are WORTH a decent salary....we say no because they do not value us enough. It truly amazes me what corporate greed can do....and save the argument that if we do not agree to the cuts the company will have to liquidate. Everyone knows what pot they can dip into to save that money.

You people crack me up with your comments like ..vote no because we won't be able to support our families. Got news for you Network, a NO vote also won't be able to support your families or will 30,000 plus others. Real smart reasoning!!!! That 50% pay cut you mentioned is 50% better then what you'll end up with. I hope I'm NOT getting to deep for you to understand. I hope you have someone else balance your check book if you think 100% paycut is better then a 50% paycut. Scary thing is reading some of these posts...you people really believe that theory. SCARY!

Tim,

----------------
[/blockquote]

Bottomfeeder.

Can I guarantee this company won't liquidate over ramp issues? I can't guarantee that you won't drown if you take a bath. See my earlier post on this thread regarding this question.

Hey Tim,

Nice try, Will you answer the question. You seem to side step instead of answering the question.

WILL YOU GUARANTEE THE COMPANY WILL NOT FILE CHAPTER 7 WITH A "NO" VOTE.

Why not answer the question? The bath answer shows the true level of thought process.

Why not answer the question, instead of focusing on the name thing.

TIM>>>>> ANSWER THE QUESTION [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/14.gif']

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/9/2003 9:59:54 PM Flufdriver wrote:
[P]You people crack me up with your comments like ..vote no because we won't be able to support our families. Got news for you Network, a NO vote also won't be able to 'm support your families or will 30,000 plus others. Real smart reasoning!!!! That 50% pay cut you mentioned is 50% better then what you'll end up with. I hope I'm NOT getting to deep for you to understand. I hope you have someone else balance your check book if you think 100% paycut is better then a 50% paycut. Scary thing is reading some of these posts...you people really believe that theory. SCARY![/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Flufdriver.....Please put your thinking cap on and listen CAREFULLY...... The vote is No....and has already been placed. Obviously you are probably a pilot and very worried about your job and pension. Many of us would rather start over in our careers somewhere else than work for $9.00 an hour when we were making $22.00 an hour. The company has tried to strip the pride and morale out of every CWA and IAM member by this last attempt of an UNREASONABLE salary scale. Many of us would rather take our chances before the judge. Again...FEAR is no option. We have had enough.

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/9/2003 7:31:21 PM a320av8r wrote: [BR][BR]Here is a very real scenario.[BR]IAM says no.[BR]Judge says yes.[BR]IAM strikes.[BR]Company allows first 1000 across the picket line back to work.[BR]Bye bye to the rest.----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]how's about he disolves existing contract-IAM walks,big -D refuses to deal with IAM,U now excepting applications?

[/P]Flufdriver.....Please put your thinking cap on and listen CAREFULLY...... The vote is No....and has already been placed. Obviously you are probably a pilot and very worried about your job and pension. Many of us would rather start over in our careers somewhere else than work for $9.00 an hour when we were making $22.00 an hour. The company has tried to strip the pride and morale out of every CWA and IAM member by this last attempt of an UNREASONABLE salary scale. Many of us would rather take our chances before the judge. Again...FEAR is no option. We have had enough.
----------------
[/blockquote]

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have seen this attitude before at the mills. It is the same one that the IAM had at Eastern. " Full Pay Till The Last Day" I hope your unemployement check is as large as your last paycheck. Just think of it as a extended vacation at the tax payers expense.

GOD help us, with this kind of mindset.

GilbertGuy,

Ask Tim to answer this one.

I would bet he side steps this as well.

He reminds me of the mystic that Johnny Carson used to play. What was his name "The Great TIM"?