The MAX arrives at Dallas Love Field...

They may not even use them at LF. I would think they would get used at some international flight airports and maybe over water of course. But if need be I could see them getting just a couple of gates with the new equipment required for say Dal to New York...

Read this article and was wondering if the delay by AA on the Max's has anything to do with SWA in nego's with Boeing for more Max's. SWA is in talks with Boeing about getting more Max's but, nothing has been mentioned on which Max they are in discussions about. Could it be the possible 10 being looked at? Remember some time back the co. said we will have to look at a larger aircraft in the future, could this be the time?? This is nothing but a guess on my part I know of nothing of any such evidence of them looking at a larger Max, but it would seem to me that the 10 could do very well with Hawaii, international, and maybe even getting to Canada...

BusinessPuget Sound Business Journal
Boeing's Dreamliner deal with American Airlines defers 737 deliveries
Swampy what is the range of the max 10& Max 8, the 737-800 just has the range, but not with full cargo. The Max10 almost sounds like a 757 replacement.

It is the replacement for the 57. More butts seats per mile. It has the range with 200-225 seats I think.

Reactions: B737 driver
They may not even use them at LF. I would think they would get used at some international flight airports and maybe over water of course. But if need be I could see them getting just a couple of gates with the new equipment required for say Dal to New York...
With LF reaching the saturation point, wouldn't a larger airplane help ease the LF congestion by reducing the total number of flights in and out.

Then again, WN has the ongoing problem that they make space for 10 more passengers and all of a sudden 20 new passengers are going after those 10 seats. Gosh darn it!

With LF reaching the saturation point, wouldn't a larger airplane help ease the LF congestion by reducing the total number of flights in and out.

Then again, WN has the ongoing problem that they make space for 10 more passengers and all of a sudden 20 new passengers are going after those 10 seats. Gosh darn it!
More profit sharing for us! :)

Yes the 10 would greatly better fit Dallas LF just not sure if SWA would endure the cost of retroing all the gates and jet bridges to fit them. I just don't know if the cost would be worth it or not. That be the bean counters job. If it would be cost neutral or a minor dent in the budget, I could very easily see them doing it. But it sure would be a way to increase traffic at a very limited airport indeed...

With the recent Lion Air issue, I find it extremely hard to believe this article and new breaking on FBN about the Boeing Co. not including this new information on the Max birds. Several airlines have chimed in that they never were told, given, or trained about this new system as well as not even in the Pilots handbook. That's just unbelievable...

Business Associated Press
Pilots says Boeing didn't disclose jet's new control feature

On a side note:
AMFA will be attending the hearing with the safety board. Great to see that AMFA is also involved with SWA.
U.S. safety board holds hearing on fatal Southwest engine explosion

Last edited:

Latest posts