The million dollar question

I work at Wendy's and I deal with cash registers but based on this board, I have some questions about your Qik system that I heard people at Wendy's crying over frosties over. I would love to offer my Wendy's customers some peace of mind. :) Here is what they are saying (this is NOT me talking, I dont work for an airline)

_____

PDX BUF (thru flt stops in CLT)

Pax wants to volunteer their seat to help the oversold situation. Wants to go tomorrow AM.

1) Can I put a volunteer on the list who is a thru pax? It won't let me!! I've tried putting the origin city up there and it says FLT NOT OPEN PDX , of course because it's gone.

2) When I attempt to reissue, it just won't work. I go to CTRL F8,, F7, and then do the irregular exchange and that won't work
2a) it says 1 to 1 exchange and 2 to 2 exchange. I dont see a 2 to 1 exchange or a 1 to 2 just fyi.

I have heard that I have to FIM this. Why is that a good idea to FIM a through flight? ONLINE? That makes no sense. It used to work just fine. The latest QIK ENTRAPMENT has me stuck. I can reissue to AA if I want to. What is going on here?

IMHO ctrl F8 F8 worked fine if you knew what you were doing. a FIM is far more dangerous in the hands of the uneducated than the invol reroute keypad.

I reclaimed my sanity after Tad told me how to print to paper. I love you TAD.
I know the help desk is in Native Shares. They are useless, I dont need them to fix it for me and then not tell me how.

I took the ETKT out of USED status and also got rid of the past dated segment.

I cant think of a reason to do an online FIM. I am willing to relearn, I was talked off the ledge by management after I made the two week threat. Someone listened, so I'll listen. Help me help you. You had me at hello. Don't let go , Jack.
And all that.

Instead of doing the online in this scenario, have you tried option 2? You can select segments and coupons (kind of like the old s(hhhh dont mention that word)re way. I dont know if this would work since we (thankfully) have no thru flights, but you might give it a try? (oooh, what if you had to unuse a segment to reissue or are we just getting deeper into trouble now?) :blink: :ph34r:
There were many things some of us figured out to get around (the old F4 Misc FOP when the tkt was exchanged wrong was one.) that they have now taken away from us. Instead of making us use a fim (no it costs a lot of money, but we cant get the computer to program a way to get around it, ok use one!) give us a key to do this.
Glad to hear the paper thingy worked for you too and that you are going to be at the drive thru for a while longer. :up: Its kind of hard sitting here looking at my keyboard trying to figure out a way, but next time give it a shot and we'll play from there.

Meanwhile, is not being able to adjust UA and LH plated etickets getting to anyone? Instead we have to reissue or has someone found a different way to get them to adjust?

Instead of doing the online in this scenario, have you tried option 2? You can select segments and coupons (kind of like the old s(hhhh dont mention that word)re way. I dont know if this would work since we (thankfully) have no thru flights, but you might give it a try? (oooh, what if you had to unuse a segment to reissue or are we just getting deeper into trouble now?) :blink: :ph34r:
There were many things some of us figured out to get around (the old F4 Misc FOP when the tkt was exchanged wrong was one.) that they have now taken away from us. Instead of making us use a fim (no it costs a lot of money, but we cant get the computer to program a way to get around it, ok use one!) give us a key to do this.
Glad to hear the paper thingy worked for you too and that you are going to be at the drive thru for a while longer. :up: Its kind of hard sitting here looking at my keyboard trying to figure out a way, but next time give it a shot and we'll play from there.

Meanwhile, is not being able to adjust UA and LH plated etickets getting to anyone? Instead we have to reissue or has someone found a different way to get them to adjust?
You have to do the unseat downline for all the segments before you adjust because it is a B******* to get LH to uncheck them in for you.

I tried everything you said, and that is exactly how I feel, you have to trick the system to get it to do what you want. It's not so much that the system is working, rather than there are smart people who have figured out how to outsmart it.

Ok the developers for the Wendy's cash registers are working on Thru options that should be out with the Oct Register Release. In this instance, you would just unseat the pax using the thru options, CTRL G, F10, Option 10, issue the TFC. Now for the rebooking part, yes you would need to write a FIM although in this case we will refer to it as an OTV, Online Travel Voucher. We must do this because the person has traveled from PDX to BUF on flight XXXX that stops in CLT. Since this is marketed as a direct flight, the coupon is "USED" so what are you going to reissue this for? Hence the OTV. You could have just called me and I could have walked you through it. Can I get a Frosty now?

Oh, perhaps if those who chose to find ways to work around something instead of doing it the proper way. The people at Wendy's HDQ would stop changing things on the register because they were doing it correctly in the first place. Ever think about that??

Oh, perhaps if those who chose to find ways to work around something instead of doing it the proper way. The people at Wendy's HDQ would stop changing things on the register because they were doing it correctly in the first place. Ever think about that??

Thats fine. Then dont put out a briefing to stop using FIMS because its costing us a bazillion dollars and then when you call the help desk they tell you they cant do anything, use a FIM. :blink: :ph34r:

And, in many instances it isnt "choosing to find" a workaround.1) Its either do whats got to be done to get something to work so the customer can catch their flight, 2) be on the phone with the help desk for an eternity (and hope you get someone who knows what they're doing) or 3) do like many agents do, just make it up and dont care what happens.
How many agents out there do you think are on a constant option 3 at this point in the QIK migration/improvement scheme?

Since you appear to have an interest in this whole QIK thing, why havent there been any QIKFIXES answered this week? Emily was the last one showing answered and that was from last weekend. Are they overwhelmed (again), on vacation, or just tired of answering us? I know many agents dont even bother any more since they dont hear anything back. I, on the other hand, continue to give them every little problem that passes my way in hopes that one day they will find the cure for cancer, um, I mean, get QIK to work like we're told it will. :p ;)

Just thought I'd add my favorite memo of the week quote.
I dont have the actual memo at home (even though it was good reading)....
but the question was why doesnt the new reissue work.

The response was that sometimes the agents dont enter the correct info OR THEY ARE WORKING TOO FAST AND THE COMPUTER CANT KEEP UP with the entries. Please take your time to be sure you are entering the correct info.

*** NOTE to CWA---- keep this one next time the company says we arent as productive as our counterparts at the other airlines. If the computer could keep up with me, there wouldnt be a line. :wacko: :mf_boff:

Ok the developers for the Wendy's cash registers are working on Thru options that should be out with the Oct Register Release. In this instance, you would just unseat the pax using the thru options, CTRL G, F10, Option 10, issue the TFC. Now for the rebooking part, yes you would need to write a FIM although in this case we will refer to it as an OTV, Online Travel Voucher. We must do this because the person has traveled from PDX to BUF on flight XXXX that stops in CLT. Since this is marketed as a direct flight, the coupon is "USED" so what are you going to reissue this for? Hence the OTV. You could have just called me and I could have walked you through it. Can I get a Frosty now?

ohhhhhh nooooooo you didn't.
Do not. Do not. Do not OMG DO NOT WANT!!!! Fine. Watch this.

Okay, hey, Jetguy, Have a Frosty

Jet: But I ordered a cheeseburger

K, well here's a Frosty

Jet: What about my cheeseburger

We ran out. WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO VOLUNTEER THEIR CHEESEBURGER?

Jet: Oh, well can I have a straw?

We got rid of them, because people were abusing them.

Jet: What? That's stupid. There they are, in that glass cabinet.

No, you can't have them, they are locked. (cabinet is locked with chains and marked dangerous)

Jet: But, i had one yesterday with a straw

Someone injured a cat with one the other day. We have an improved policy that will allow you to enjoy your Frosty faster keeping our stray cat safe and saving the company money. Somehow.

Jet: Then how am I supposed to drink this

Hold please while I put together this hammer. (put together hammer)

Now I need to do the hammer dance, that's step two( doing an unnecessary dance)

Jet: What is taking so long?

SHH!! Now I need to tap the hammer four times on the nearest cat. BRB!! (chases stray cat outside and ten minutes later, full of scratches, returns, cat is dead)

Okay, let me see the frosty (raises hammer, aims at Frosty, smashes hammer into the cup)
BAM!!! (ice cream flies everywhere)

Jet: YOU RUINED MY FROSTY AND MY SHIRT AND MY DAY!!

Lick it off, it's all still there.

Jet: I am never coming to Wendy's again!

Okay BUHBYE :) At least the cat is safe.....wait......KITTY!! :(...

Did you try to sell the seat point to point and then do the CTRL F8, F7, OPTION 4
That won't work because 1) the segment is in used status and 2) the computer doesn't see anything about CLT since it's a thru flight and it won't reissue because it doesn't understand how they got to CLT.

oh, you need to stop comparing the cash registers at Wendy's to those of Papa Johns. Papa John's pizza is the best cause they still have all the toppings, albeit not as many, they still have more toppings than other fast foods. Plus Papa Johns doesn't make you pay for the box, unlike Wendys.

see, everyone keeps whining and comparing Wendys to Papa Johns cause they say that Papa Johns uses Turtle-2 system, when it fact they use Turtle-1. The only fast food restaurants on Turtle-2 are Afternoon Tea Express, Taco Bell, and some Hawaiian Ice Cream place, but they went out of business recently.

Ok the developers are working on Thru options that should be out with the Oct Register Release. Now for the rebooking part, yes you would need to write a FIM although in this case we will refer to it as an OTV, Online Travel Voucher. We must do this because the person has traveled from PDX to BUF on flight XXXX that stops in CLT. Since this is marketed as a direct flight, the coupon is "USED" so what are you going to reissue this for? Hence the OTV. You could have just called me HDQ would stop changing things on the register because they were doing it correctly in the first place. Ever think about that??
This statement alone speaks volumes about HP/QIK/SHARES
This is what the agents have to deal with every day when something is just a little bit unordinary. This is what HP wants. Job protection for big brothers and stepford child agnets