The New York Slimes

You mean that time we had the little bastard cornered in the almost impassable mountainous terrain in Afganistan,and while our immaculately trained mountain rangers closed in for the kill,they found the little clown and his gang of followers snuck out a 2 mile long escape tunnel under their feet?

Who said he gave up BTW?
OBL hid in Pakistan and you know the rest of the story.
Yes...Saddam Hussein became such a threat that we PULLED the majority of our troops looking for bin laden to do a quick "slam dunk" in Iraq. I'm sure Bush, Cheney and Rummy's plan was the "no more than 6 months" strategy to score points on getting a dictator out of power, then refocus on the real terrorist...but a funny thing happened on the way to Baghdad.

Last I checked,Taliban gave it up in Afganistan at the time and headed for the hills.After we drew down our troops...they took advantage of the situation(much like they will in IRAQ when Big Nance and Abe Murtha get their way)..
Can you hear me now?

Last I checked,Taliban gave it up in Afganistan at the time and headed for the hills.After we drew down our troops...they took advantage of the situation(much like they will in IRAQ when Big Nance and Abe Murtha get their way)..
Can you hear me now?
Oh...so it would have been OKAY for us to get the Germans out of France, but leave Hitler in charge? The Taliban gave it up...the terrorist who attacked us didn't. But hey....Saddam was a bigger threat anyways.

How come bush broke off his search for the leader of Al Queda...and the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks...when we pretty much had him cornered, and focus instead on Saddam? I mean, if we left Saddam in power and Bin Laden crossed the border, Saddam most likely would have taken him out, saving us the trouble.

The search is still on except rather than using 40,000 troops to wonder thru the vast empty caves in afghanistan it is now a special ops hunting trip. Intel has a good Idea where he's hiding problem is Pakistan does'nt want our boots on their turf.

I'm glad you recognize that they will strike again...over here, not over there.

And Im glad you are willing to bring the troops home and take that chance. What does that say about your concern for American citizens?

I don't think any liberals cheered when conservatives died during 9/11...but I guess thats the root difference between conservatives and liberals....conservatives would just as soon see those who disagree with them killed off. Sieg Heil.

I don't think anyone cheered, except those peace loving muslims and of course the palestinians dancing in the streets handing out candy to small children while burning the US Flag chanting death to America.

I don't wish death on any Americans KC, why else would I be such a strong anti-terrorist proponent shouting from the roof top to Kill the Ba$tards over there, before they kill us over here.
My remark about hitting the liberals was a bit strong I admit, but I was trying to convey the message that if the left is so hell bent on fighting this war at home instead of abroad, then perhaps the only way to really make them come to their collective senses is if they were on top of the list, and whether you belive this or not thats exactly what they (terrorist) are hoping for, a liberal Democrat US government that will appease them and make their progress for world domination that much easier.

I also find your "seig heil" remark very offensive, you liberals like to equate conservatives to Nazi's because we support the war effort rather than just spewing the liberal mantra " I support the troops, but not the war" garbage. your tag team heros Murtha/Pelosi advocate cutting the necessary funding off to our troops which will only endanger their lives more, but they support the troops? :lol:

Truth be told I believe the left is hoping for an American defeat in Iraq because it would be a tremendous boost to their political agenda.

Oh...so it would have been OKAY for us to get the Germans out of France, but leave Hitler in charge? The Taliban gave it up...the terrorist who attacked us didn't. But hey....Saddam was a bigger threat anyways.

...And your point is?

Hitler hunkered down in his bunker in berlin vowing not to be taken alive choosing to die by his own hands in his homeland. We knew exactly who the enemy was and their geographical location which made it quite easy to hunt the enemy down.

Were fighting an enemy that has many countries of origin, not just afghanistan. that was just where OBL decided to set up shop, he has moved on like a rambling gypsy but his days are numbered, and unlike you I don't underestimate the will power of the American fighting forces ability to finish the job.

No Saddam may not have been directly involved, but yes he was a Terrorist and a threat and needed to be removed just like Kim jung il and Ahmadinejad need to be removed.

My remark about hitting the liberals was a bit strong I admit, but I was trying to convey the message that if the left is so hell bent on fighting this war at home instead of abroad, then perhaps the only way to really make them come to their collective senses is if they were on top of the list, and whether you belive this or not thats exactly what they (terrorist) are hoping for, a liberal Democrat US government that will appease them and make their progress for world domination that much easier.

I also find your "seig heil" remark very offensive, you liberals like to equate conservatives to Nazi's because we support the war effort rather than just spewing the liberal mantra " I support the troops, but not the war" garbage. your tag team heros Murtha/Pelosi advocate cutting the necessary funding off to our troops which will only endanger their lives more, but they support the troops? :lol:

My sieg heil remark was directed at your admittedly strong comments about wanting liberals bombed. It is not equating conservatives with Nazis. It's a reaction to a comment.

Bring the troops home? I'd sure like that, because while even more troops die every day in Iraq, we are STILL going to get hit here again. "I support the troops and not the war" is less garbage than those who think that our men and women dying in Iraq are protecting us in any way from another attack on our shores.

When Bush declared a war on terrorism...I was behind him. So was most of the US and the world. When he proclaimed Iraq to be the biggest threat...and gave the world the middle finger in his quest to attack...he lost me. And a lot of other folks.

I don't believe you saw me in those pictures. Here's some nice conservatives.

No those are Whackos, not conservatives of the main stream.

I don't expect to see you in the congregation...and you didn't see me, or many others who don't support this war in your little blogphoto.

Fair enough, you may not be in the photo but you've already stated you don't support the war. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left.

No those are Whackos, not conservatives of the main stream.

Fair enough, you may not be in the photo but you've already stated you don't support the war. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left.
local12...this may be hard to believe, but there are millions of liberals (and some conservatives) in this country who don't support the war. They wouldn't dream of doing what is pictured in your blogphoto. Your blogphoto shows a handful of idiots in hoods - yet you seem to believe that THEY represent EVERYBODY who doesn't support the war. I realize that there are millions of conservatives who oppose gay marriage, but using your logic, my link represents ALL conservatives who oppose gay marriage. There are whackos on both sides of the argument. Neither extreme represents the whole. Why do you post things that imply otherwise?

local12...this may be hard to believe, but there are millions of liberals (and some conservatives) in this country who don't support the war. They wouldn't dream of doing what is pictured in your blogphoto. Your blogphoto shows a handful of idiots in hoods - yet you seem to believe that THEY represent EVERYBODY who doesn't support the war. I realize that there are millions of conservatives who oppose gay marriage, but using your logic, my link represents ALL conservatives who oppose gay marriage. There are whackos on both sides of the argument. Neither extreme represents the whole. Why do you post things that imply otherwise?

KC say what you will, you cannot say you support the troops without putting your weight behind it. To say 'I support the troops, but not the war' is a laughable lie. I've said time after time, once you choose to go to WAR which BTW a majority on the left voted for in the beginning you have committed yourself to only two options.

WINNING or LOSING...there is no other alternative!

we don't have to like the situation in Iraq, but we have to carry thru with the decision that was made to defeat our enemies or admit defeat and withdraw, thats it.

If we withdraw as you and many on the left suggest before that region is stabilized it is going to have consequences that will make viet nam look like a school yard brawl, and being on the defense has'nt worked to well against the type of enemy who is willing to commit suicide in order to get at us.

I don't expect to ever change your mind, and nor will you change mine, but do you actually believe capitulation will not embolden those fanatics?

KC say what you will, you cannot say you support the troops without putting your weight behind it. To say 'I support the troops, but not the war' is a laughable lie. I've said time after time, once you choose to go to WAR which BTW a majority on the left voted for in the beginning you have committed yourself to only two options.
So...I should burn a soldier in effigy because I believe that our leaders were wrong to begin this war in Iraq? I didn't support the war in 2003...I didn't vote for Bush in 2000 because I had a "gut feeling" (your fearless leader has those so they can't be all bad) that he'd somehow have us in Iraq to finish his daddy's work. FWIW, I didn't support the first Gulf War...why should an American soldier risk their life to protect a sheiks gold toilet?

If we withdraw as you and many on the left suggest before that region is stabilized it is going to have consequences that will make viet nam look like a school yard brawl, and being on the defense has'nt worked to well against the type of enemy who is willing to commit suicide in order to get at us.
Actually, I have said on this forum many times that now that we're in there...we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. Bush saw a hornet buzzing around his neighbors yard...so to help out, he went over and whacked the hornets nest. Now we've got to deal with the consequences.

But...in looking at it, I've resigned myself to accept that we will be attacked again. We'll be attacked whether we have troops in Iraq or not. Why waste the servicemen and womens lives over there?

And it's pretty much 'us against them'...Bush did a grand job of that when he told the rest of the world to shove their ideas up their ass and "bravely" led us to war. The Arabs have been fighting amongst themselves for thousands of years. If you're looking for WINNING...how will you know? They haven't won yet in eons....what will we do to gain "victory"?