The New York Slimes

I'll tell you one thing I DON'T do....I don't put some silly assed yellow ribbon on the back of my car. That's a $1.99 supporter. Those stupid stickers on the back of an SUV strike me as a bit odd. Rememeber the "baby on board" signs from teh 80's....did they make you drive any safer, out of concern for the childs welfare? Same thing with those idiotic yellow ribbons.

Well jakkoff I happen to have one of those
"silly assed yellow ribbons" you so despise and I also put my money where my mouth is, how about you mister?
http://www.anysoldier.com/

Well jakkoff I happen to have one of those
"silly assed yellow ribbons" you so despise and I also put my money where my mouth is, how about you mister?
http://www.anysoldier.com/
Think back to World War II...when folks at home were asked...no TOLD...to sacrifice for the boys overseas. Then look at all we're asked to do today....shop and put a silly assed yellow ribbon on our SUV. That action no more "supports" the troops than sitting at your computer keyboard telling someone that they CAN'T support the troops if they don't support the war.

This isn't the 70's and we've gone beyond calling Vietnam Vets "babykillers". In fact, we are so repentant of that era that we now refer to the 18 year old who does little more than sign up at a recruiters office as a "hero" - which only minimizes the actions of those who show a true heroic effort.

You made a broad statement regarding "silly assed yellow ribbons"....I see a lot of them and sometimes I wonder about the persons validity....
But heres our friend,Local 12 Proud who displays his ribbon from his heart.
Guess it comes under judge not,lest ye be judged.

Think back to World War II...when folks at home were asked...no TOLD...to sacrifice for the boys overseas. Then look at all we're asked to do today....shop and put a silly assed yellow ribbon on our SUV. That action no more "supports" the troops than sitting at your computer keyboard telling someone that they CAN'T support the troops if they don't support the war.
This isn't the 70's and we've gone beyond calling Vietnam Vets "babykillers". In fact, we are so repentant of that era that we now refer to the 18 year old who does little more than sign up at a recruiters office as a "hero" - which only minimizes the actions of those who show a true heroic effort.

Yes, this is not the 50/60/70 era where Soldiers served their Country as an obligation through the draft (which I believe should be reinstated). We are currently supported by volunteers whom do not ‘have’ to serve their Country but chose to do so.

To volunteer under these circumstances make them ‘ALL’ Hero’s in my eyes.

As for the rest, I refer to a wise statement:
‘FU(K EM’

B) UT

You made a broad statement regarding "silly assed yellow ribbons"....I see a lot of them and sometimes I wonder about the persons validity....
But heres our friend,Local 12 Proud who displays his ribbon from his heart.
Guess it comes under judge not,lest ye be judged.
I believe that the vast majority of those silly assed yellow ribbons are stuck on the sides of some chicken hawk parent's car who thanks God above that their son or daughter DIDN'T join the military. And that they got a tax cut. Wouldn't want them to sacrifice too much for the war effort...would we now.

Yes, this is not the 50/60/70 era where Soldiers served their Country as an obligation through the draft (which I believe should be reinstated). We are currently supported by volunteers whom do not ‘have’ to serve their Country but chose to do so.

To volunteer under these circumstances make them ‘ALL’ Hero’s in my eyes.

As for the rest, I refer to a wise statement:
‘FU(K EM’

B) UT

I would just like to add to that if I may, that many Soldiers volunteered in those bygone eras as well.

Excellent post BTW. :up:

ok then maybe you would prefer to hear it from a few of our "HERO's"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyqk1LsCDBQ
In response to the one soldier's comments of "if you're going to support us, support us all the way"...I wish we would have provided them with better armored vehicles...but we had to save that for the VIP's who ventured over there. It wasn't a high priority on their commander in chief's list of things. And yes, they are dying in vain...what freedoms are they protecting over there? My freedom from illegal search and seizure? Nope...while they were fighting for my freedom in Iraq, their commander in chief was stripping that little freedom right away from us. Their commander in chief sent them to fight a war that wasn't well thought out by the men in charge. Their commander in chief has only really "supported" them when it came out that they were "fighting with the army they had"..and were having to make up makeshift armor to protect themselves. Let me ask you...did the writer of The article entitled "No Exit from Bosnia" not support the troops?

In response to the one soldier's comments of "if you're going to support us, support us all the way"...I wish we would have provided them with better armored vehicles...but we had to save that for the VIP's who ventured over there. It wasn't a high priority on their commander in chief's list of things.

Really? Is it not the libs who are proposing cutting funding to this war essentially leaving the boys hung out to dry?

And yes, they are dying in vain...what freedoms are they protecting over there? My freedom from illegal search and seizure? Nope...while they were fighting for my freedom in Iraq, their commander in chief was stripping that little freedom right away from us. Their commander in chief sent them to fight a war that wasn't well thought out by the men in charge. Their commander in chief has only really "supported" them when it came out that they were "fighting with the army they had"..and were having to make up makeshift armor to protect themselves.

If They died protecting scum sh!t bags like you Then yes it was in vain thats a certainty!

I don't think it really matters. I think any support is good whether it be token or serious. If I was a soldier I would be glad to see any yellow ribbon sticker.

Well you see thats the difference, you actually support the Troops with deeds and not just Liberal hyperbole. ;)

Really? Is it not the libs who are proposing cutting funding to this war essentially leaving the boys hung out to dry?
You can't have it both ways....either we're "flip floppers" who voted FOR the war, then against it...or we're folks who realized that the threat wasn't as immenint as they were led to believe. They voted for the war...Bush was cutting taxes when he could have been insuring that the troops had the best of everything, but without the tax dollars, we really couldn't afford it. Who was hanging them out to dry?
If They died protecting scum sh!t bags like you Then yes it was in vain thats a certainty!
I'll take that ad hominum attack as your agreement that they really aren't protecting your or my freedoms here at home. They are doing the work that their commander in chief was too much of a chicken sh!t when his country called him to his duty.

You can't have it both ways....either we're "flip floppers" who voted FOR the war, then against it...or we're folks who realized that the threat wasn't as immenint as they were led to believe. They voted for the war...Bush was cutting taxes when he could have been insuring that the troops had the best of everything, but without the tax dollars, we really couldn't afford it. Who was hanging them out to dry?

I'll take that ad hominum attack as your agreement that they really aren't protecting your or my freedoms here at home. They are doing the work that their commander in chief was too much of a chicken sh!t when his country called him to his duty.
Yes dear...he's such a nice Liberal... ;)