The New York Slimes

Just currious. When our troops get injurded in this war and then fail to receive adequate treatment from the county/government that sent them to war, does that constitute supporting the troops?

Troops are taken care of by the VA (FED), not the county/state.
Ever been to a VA hospital?
Try it some time.
Real eye opener...

B) UT

Troops are taken care of by the VA (FED), not the county/state.
Ever been to a VA hospital?
Try it some time.
Real eye opener...

B) UT

Meant Country not county. Sorry about the typo.

As for it being W’s fault that I am not sure of. Congress and the POTUS should have had better oversight of the VA. Apparently this has been going on for quite some time.

One would think though that if one is going to launch a war that by current accounts will last a long long time, you would make sure that you have the support structure in place prior to the onset of the conflict. But then again, this is government we are referring to and we all know they don’t give a rats ass about the people who they supposedly represent or the troops they send into harms way. You can be damn sure if one of W’s kids, Clintons kid, Bush I kids, Reagan, Carter …. (you get the point) were injured in the line of duty they would never have received sub-par treatment like the soldiers have been getting from the VA.

So you tell me how that is supporting our troops. I know the government supports them going off to combat with inadequate materials (you go to war with what you have, not with what you want) but when they get injured we just hang them out to dry.

So tell me you SOB. How the HELL IS THAT SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS?????

You little sanctimonious SOB. You dare accuse me of not supporting the troops because I think the war is a failure and a mistake from the get go.

You accuse Clinton of letting OBL go, yet W has been in office for 6 years and it takes a news paper story to get W and Congress of their ass to help the vets who have sacrificed everything to go fight a war that never needed to be fought.

Flame bait my ass, you just don’t have an answer. I can’t stand unions but I have friends who are in unions. I don’t agree with republicans but I have friends who are republicans. I DO NOT SUPPORT THE WAR BUT I HAVE TE UTMOST RESPECT FOR THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO ENLIST AND ENTER COMBAT. I pay them the utmost respect when my path crosses a man or woman in uniform. So unless you have proof showing other wise, go take 12 steps on an 11 step pier and bite me.

And yes I have been to VA, I would not let my dog stay there. It embarassed the hell out of me to know our country does not give a crap.

Obviously what we have here is failure to communicate....

The standard byline of Lib's has been,"I'm against the war but I support the troops"...without any forthought into what they are saying...it comes out that way.

And so you ask them in what way do you support our troops then and usually you get silence or a lot of cranial scrambled eggs.

Did you buy some soldiers lunch or a brew?

Did you tell them how proud they make you?

Did you attend a funeral of some local soldier KIA that you never knew?

You get the drift....this isn't aimed at anyone here either.....

Sing the song...Bro

The standard byline of Lib's has been,"I'm against the war but I support the troops"...without any forthought into what they are saying...it comes out that way.

And so you ask them in what way do you support our troops then and usually you get silence or a lot of cranial scrambled eggs.

Sing the song...Bro
I'll tell you one thing I DON'T do....I don't put some silly assed yellow ribbon on the back of my car. That's a $1.99 supporter. Those stupid stickers on the back of an SUV strike me as a bit odd. Rememeber the "baby on board" signs from teh 80's....did they make you drive any safer, out of concern for the childs welfare? Same thing with those idiotic yellow ribbons.

I hear ya......

Too many touchy feelies....of course to support our people...would really take away from someones busy day.
Who has to advertise?
Kind words and quiet deeds go further..... ;)

I shot a protester...does that count? :lol:

Sing the song...Bro

And how many republicans who ‘support the war and troops’ actually have done jack squat to actually support the troops? Dell, you need to put that paint brush down. When it comes down to percentages, very few in this country support the troops with actions or deeds.

Sorry Dell, I got Locals and UAL's message loud and clear. There was no failure to communicate as far as I was concerned. There were some failures, but communication sure as hell was not one of them.

And how many republicans who ‘support the war and troops’ actually have done jack squat to actually support the troops? Dell, you need to put that paint brush down. When it comes down to percentages, very few in this country support the troops with actions or deeds.
Actually i'm sure there are many Democrats and Republicans and some Liberals for that matter who actually do care and take the time to do something .
In fact,theres alot around the 'Burgh,Mr Kitty....more than you would know.

WTF?

Actually i'm sure there are many Democrats and Republicans and some Liberals for that matter who actually do care and take the time to do something .
In fact,theres alot around the 'Burgh,Mr Kitty....more than you would know.

WTF?

Again, probably more than I think and less that you think but either way, not nearly enough.

Brush = painting with a broad brush.