The "pumpkin Proposal"

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
OK, let me see if I got this straight.
An investment banker is hired to tell pilots the obvious. Yep, liquidation has greater potential if your company doesn't have a new pilot agreement. Alas, the elusive revelation!
Certainly, those so inclined in the lofty perks of the Pilot's union could now use this information since it has now been ordained and 'sprinkled' by the High Priest that most union leaders of today bow down to in Wall Street's Great Temple of Whoredom.

Ummm, oh yea, so let me see if I got this straight. A proposal or something was offered to the pilots that offers 1113's & 1114's that turn into a 'pumpkin' at midnight in 60 days? R U kiddn me? Imagine that? I mean, I have got to be missing something. Am I?

OK, I have an idea. Perhaps your company can reduce the protections to 30 days till midnight expiration but dress up the proposal to include pay increases of 10% so everyone could party for 30 days until the 1113's & 1114's expired. They ought to be able to give fat pay raises if only for 30 days right? I mean, don't expect someone to go to the ball in rags? Plus, if it is only 30 days then it will guarantee a Pumpkin during the season of Halloween...that would be classy!

Personally, I'm biased on this one because I'm partial to the proposal turning into a pumpkin in 30 days because I prefer pecan pie at thanksgiving. OK, I'm rambling and getting off track plus I'm getting hungry....
At any rate, such a proposal that offers 1113's and 1114's that become pumpkins in 30 days would still be gracious! After all, Cinderella could only attend one Ball until midnight, i.e., until her carriage turned into a pumpkin.

regards,