Latest Company Proposal (08/31)

USAir's latest offer is out 08/31. This proposal is materially WORSE than the one the pilots declined just 3 days ago. It's on the pilots website.

Some details:

- Term: Until Jan 2010
- 35.5% pay reduction
- Defined contribution reduced 30%
- Dedheads 50% pay no credit
- ALPA's percentage of company profit sharing pool 36%
- Voluntary leaves to mitigate future furloughs
- Pilots may not return from voluntary leave until co. is recalling
- Early retirement offered from ages 55-60
- Vacation paid at 3:45 per day
- Post Jan 05 retirees receive no medical
- EMB190s to be flown at MidAtlantic
- CRJ900s to be flown at PSA
- Pilots who goes to MidAtlantic and then resigns from MidAtlantic forfeits his recall to US Airways "mainline"
- Pilot must reimburse US Airways for cost of training if he leaves MidAtlantic prior to 24 months. (partial cost at 18 months etc.)
- Elimination of crew meals
- "fuel burn-off" procedure to accomodate jumpseaters eliminated

And they are calling this negotiating in good faith? Every time a proposal is refused the company comes up with something worse. This is just proof to me that management never wanted to reach agreements in the first place. They are pussy footing around and playing games until the 11th hour. But when this company folds, they will still blame it on the employees.

Enogh blood has been shed, boys. Just walk away.

When you know what you gotta have, there is no good faith. Im not sure what anybody would expect. ?

usfliboi said:
When you know what you gotta have, there is no good faith. Im not sure what anybody would expect. ?
[post="174742"][/post]​

Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess that can go both ways. When you know you "gotta have" food on the table, clothes on the back, and a stable environment for your children there is no good faith is there. Reality is this. We have all come to a cross road where we are being forced to decide between "non-livable" wages (whatever that may be for each individual) and severing ourselves from the leeches in CCY. Maybe you can stomach the fact that while we are being asked for a third time to give Management drinks from Waterford crystal and dines on gourmet meals. As I said before, I will only consider giving more of my hard earned cash when management meets ALL of our reductions dollar for dollar. I don't see the happening, do you? If they just gotta have more, then perhaps they should have come to the table to discuss their concessions first. :angry: That will never happen.

Furloughedagain said:
- EMB190s to be flown at MidAtlantic
-
[post="174729"][/post]​

320pilot, you out there??? Did I not tell you that the company would want to put the 190 at MAA? Expect a pay rate for it at about JetBlue levels, 86 or so an hour.
Michael

If you resign from Midatlantic you then resign from Usairways? You got to be kidding.

There are SOOOOOO many reasons this is a non starter. Bring on the judge.

BOHICA!

Maybe if ALPA keeps negotiating, you guys can pay US Airways for the privledge of flying their airplanes...

funguy2 said:
Maybe if ALPA keeps negotiating, you guys can pay US Airways for the privledge of flying their airplanes...
[post="174786"][/post]​

As well as pay for hotel rooms and waive per diem.

How about we shut down the 'airline'. It sucks sooo bad it dosn't deserve to live. Anyway the PILOTS control the means of production and we should use our power. Everbody expects us to save them and there jobs, well lets not!

All the more reason why we should not negotiate with the company. Captain Pollock has lost all credibility because he is letting emotion get in the way of rational decision making. The Give away Gang would rather sell their soul away than stand up to the company and do whats right. 320 is right there with them in their pathetic little row boat.

-fatburger-

Let's be very clear here. No union "controls" the fate of US Airways. That is only proproganda put out by management to cover their own failures. This management will do exactly what it has already in the works; transfer all flying to MAA or MDA or whatever incarnation they've decided will replace the "high-cost" US Airways.

Dr. Bronner makes off the cuff comments to the press about "Bama Air" and liquidation. That scares our FF base to burn miles or decamp to another carrier. And easy way to get rid of our "troublesome" loyal flyers who have shown they are willing to make a big fuss if their FF programs are fiddled with.

It also takes the burden off the executives who can claim, with tears in their eyes, they did "all they could" to salvage Airways, but those greedy, ignorant, arrogant employees would not cooperate. Of course, they will not mention that employees offered cost-saving ideas that weren't put into place.

Pretty slick, and very slimy, if you ask me.

Dea