Council 94 Letter To The Pilots

USA320Pilot,

Try this.

Close your eyes REAL REAL tight, click you heels together 3 times, then open your eyes.

There you are, in that left seat, pushing back off the gate in LGA and .....

BUT wait,

Something seems DIFFERENT, your uniform is not the same, the cockpit panel is not the same, your ........

Holy ####,
YOU'RE an AA captain, PIC of a 737-800, your trousers "start breathing", "OH Happy day" ........... :D :D :D

Then, you WAKE UP, and it's back to your MISERABLE REALITY,all over again. :shock: :shock: :shock:

EAT YOUR HEART OUT !!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's
AA/Retired

PineyBob said:
If I'm looking at buying Airways up out of a C7 and I'm willing to keep the employees, Fred Freshwaters integrity may be of primary interest since I will need to know the character of the players involved. No confidence in ALPA N/C's integrity and maybe I just buy the equipment and operating certificates, make everyone reapply for their jobs at whatever wages I determine to be fair and if that's the case I bet about 80% of the current workforce joins up.

So Character AND Integrity count, since I may clean house and install new management.

Looking at the bigger picture is all
[post="177380"][/post]​

Bob,

I've known Fred for 27 years. He is one of the most honorable and moral men I know. He is full of integrity and faith and has raised two fine young men both of whom are successful in their own right. He has been married to the same lovely woman for 30 years. He does not need the nonsense. He was asked to be the Captain rep in PIT and did so because of the traits listed above and his disgust with the way our union handled the pension debacle. His priorities are the pilots of US Airways he represents.

He is one of about 100 guys who, as a group, are suing this union for the dishonest way they handled the pension issue. It is a totally separate issue from what is happening as we speak. There is no conflict of interest. He is a member in good standing and is morally and ethically correct in doing what he is doing on both fronts. The PIT pilots have NO problem with his lawsuit and many are members of the same group who are taking legal action.

If our management had the same traits and intellligence as Fred we would not be in the mess we find ourselves. But that is a different debate. The PIT pilots support he and Brookman to stop this management land grab and that is exactly what they are doing. And the opinions of the pilots he represents are the only opinions that matter.

mr

The primary issue is the 1113 & 1114 letters. The 1113 & 1114 letters are something your company has chosen not to give you. From a company's perch it probably makes sense to try to get a 'proposal' [as opposed to actually negotiating a T/A] to the membership that contains reduced accountability to a contract after 60 days. They have done it before with the IAM and surprisingly it worked. On the other hand, signing any new agreement that contains non-binding protections after 60 days would be mind boggling.

The simple truth is that if 1113 or 1114 letters are in want, then the best chance to get them is to hold out for them. They do not come easy and if they do come, it will be in the last hour. I applaud the Captains from PHL and PIT. Certainly, without any 'real' 1113 & 1114 protections, they have lost nothing but the appearance of a job/airline saving proposal. And Bankruptcy or liquidation is not on their hands.

regards,

Subj: F/O John Brookman's Letter to the PIT Pilots
Date: 9/8/04 9:09:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: [email protected]

BOS Pilots,

Copied below is John Brookman's letter to the PIT pilots.

What he fails to mention is that once we enter bankruptcy without an agreement and its resulting 1113 waiver letter, the company will, according to a consensus among our professional financial and legal advisors, ask that the judge abrogate our existing contract and impose one that increases the company's ask by 125%-150% of what it is today.

Additionally, John fails to mention that our investment banker agrees with Bruce Lakefield's assessment that without the pilots on board with a TA prior to bankruptcy, the odds of USAirways liquidating are significantly greater than our odds of survival.

Glaring omissions, and obviously intentional, for if it were not for both of these rather significant caveats nobody, and I mean nobody, would have suggested that the company's last offer be sent out for a membership vote!

It is the collective judgment of 8 members of the MEC that the best deal, no matter how distasteful, is to be struck prior to bankruptcy, and as of Monday night, Sept. 6, the only deal that was available to this MEC was brought to us by the NC as the company's latest "proposal." Call it what you will, run from calling it a TA if you like, but that "proposal" was the result of a 3 month negotiating process by our NC, and as of Monday night was the best "deal" that they could get.

And Monday was the last day that the MEC could have voted to send this "proposal" out to the pilots and still have it ratified by Saturday, Sept. 11, at which time the 1113 waiver offer was dropped by the company, as they were unable to enter a potential bankruptcy after that date and still be able to guarantee us 1113 protection.

And that, as usual, is the "rest of the story."

Indeed, "where do we go from here?" It appears from the PIT F/O Rep's letter that they are not too pleased with our Communications Chairman, Jack Stephen, and in fact there is a Special Meeting called by Crocker, Von Bargen, Brookman and Freshwater for this Friday in PIT addressing this very issue:

---------------------

The agenda for the meeting is as follows:

1) Opportunity for member pilots in good standing to address the MEC.
2) Negotiating Committee Update.
3) Review of Communications Committee strategy and operations.

----------------------

So what's the RC4 up to now? Let see. Brookman firsts bitterly complains about how much our MEC Meeting cost in DCA while we tried to fashion a TA for this pilot group prior to a potential bankruptcy, but has no qualms in calling a Special MEC Meeting of his own only 4 days later, and at a cost of $16,000 a day, and to do what?

1. Hear from members in good standing? We heard from many members in good standing for the last 2 weeks in DCA, an experience that the RC4 will never forget, and it looks like they want to pack the house with their fans from PIT in order to boost their morale some.

2. Hear from the NC? The NC went home after Monday, and nothing has happened since that would require an update. You wouldn't be trying to recall Don Hollerbach on this agenda item, just because he said to you that... "His Dad was right...you can't fix stupid!"... or would you?

3. Review of the Communications Committee. Would this mean that you intend to recall Jack Stephen as our Communication Committee Chairman? And on what charge, might I ask? Because he has consistently told this pilot group the truth?

And if recalls are the order of the day, than the very least that you owe this pilot group is to state exactly that in your agenda. Anything else would be, again, simply more deception.

What a freak show you RC4 are orchestrating. First you fail to tell your pilots about the seriousness of our situation, then you attempt to silence all dissension by recalling those who disagree with your omissions and deceptions, and finally you deprive the line pilots their right to vote on their own futures.

See you in PIT. This should be quite a circus.

Garland

This Garland pilot is one scared S$%#.

I believe he needs to write to managment and tell managment that he personally accepts the co. latest proposal and that they can commence deductions from his pay check ASAP and alter his DCP... :lol:

What he fails to mention is that once we enter bankruptcy without an agreement and its resulting 1113 waiver letter, the company will, according to a consensus among our professional financial and legal advisors, ask that the judge abrogate our existing contract and impose one that increases the company's ask by 125%-150% of what it is today.

The letter good for 60 days? I guess the BOS folks don't have a keen memory of the followon grab at their pension........

Additionally, John fails to mention that our investment banker agrees with Bruce Lakefield's assessment that without the pilots on board with a TA prior to bankruptcy, the odds of USAirways liquidating are significantly greater than our odds of survival.

The "investment banker" paid for by CCY. The "investment banker" who was paid a lump sum much larger than his hourly rate would have been when he got the U pilot group to agree to concessions I and II in Bankruptcy I.

From the rest, I can only conclude that certain members of the U MEC are representing several dozen pilots and have a fetish for those who represent several hundred.

Of course, the same thing can be said for those in bases like BOS and LGA, or so it seems from this observers perch.