Latest Company Proposal (08/31)

fatburger said:
All the more reason why we should not negotiate with the company. Captain Pollock has lost all credibility because he is letting emotion get in the way of rational decision making. The Give away Gang would rather sell their soul away than stand up to the company and do whats right. 320 is right there with them in their pathetic little row boat.

-fatburger-
[post="174798"][/post]​

Let me qualify this first: I am Neutral.

What about the ALPA’s financial adviser, is he too lying? What if everything is actually this dire and the company really does goes completely away? What would you be protecting in that scenario? Is letting the company dissolve doing what you call the right thing? If so, how so?

Face it folks, this is a lose lose situation for all involved. If you stand up and say NO WAY and they go away: Who won, what was salvaged, whose careers were protected? Other carriers? If so, you are still out in the cold. If you say, OK and then they furlough you anyway, then I guess the captain was right saying at least there are some benefits that are not there in liquidation.

Every employee of U is trapped and has zero control whether they want to admit it or not, it's fact. The only thing you can do is wait till the bitter end and lick your wounds and move on, or move on now or ASAP.

It's not in the control of the U employee anymore, and they know it.

So....when do you say you've had enough? Are you the type of person that fears not having a job because you are not qualified to do anything else? The Captain or F/O to be or whatever he is is scared. Why else would he spin everything as doom and gloom? He's been doing this for years. He doesn't have another flying option. He isn't marketable anymore. His time is up. This is it for him. He'd sell everyone below his seniority number down the river to save his precious seat. That is the reality today. Believe it.

-fatburger-

sick and tired of all the crying....stand up and be men/women!

cavalier said:
What about the ALPA’s financial adviser, is he too lying? What if everything is actually this dire and the company really does goes completely away? What would you be protecting in that scenario? Is letting the company dissolve doing what you call the right thing? If so, how so?

[post="174808"][/post]​

Cav:

From what I have read it appears that ALPA's "Financial Advisor" is conflicted six ways from Sunday. First, the Company is paying for him. Second, the ALPA "Financial Advisor" gets a windfall from the company if the company prefails over ALPA and gets an agreement. From what I read, he gets paid an hourly wage, but if the Company wins he gets a cool million dollars.

Now you can call him whatever you want, but if someone else controls the purse strings and they will pay you a huge bonus if ALPA settles don't you think that may have something to do with what will be contained in the final product?

Frankly, I am surprised ALPA was as (pardon me for this) stupid as to let the Company have any control whatsoever over APLA's "financial consultant." While ALPA may have saved a few bucks this way, the long term issues are too important to consider saving a few bucks on this matter.