The real reason why Wolf giving the IAM another vote

On a second thought I'll just give you my old tractor.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/7/2002 2:36:10 PM A&P Tech wrote:

Well I received my letter from "Dave" today and I went directly to the post office and returned to sender. I plan to vote NO for company proposal, but unfortunately this time it will p***. Much will have changed in 6 years when we will be able to negotiate a fair contract. For one thing the IAM will be history at Usairways for mechanic and related. Hopefully AMFA or whoever represents us will attempt to work for its members and not the union. Good luck to all!!

----------------
[/blockquote]
A&P,
Be careful how you say the union will work for thair members. this union did just that. They are removing your pay to subsidize unskilled groups.

I know, I know. I just wish PITGUY would quit harping on pilots. We're hurting right along with the rest. Ticks me off to here the same old makes too much; works too little junk.

My apologies.

A320 Driver

A320 driver. I honestly would have have never started on it, but I felt insulted by your remarks you have left on this site. I will not mention it anymore and promise to play nice as long as you do too.

Anyone who thinks that Siegel hasn't already been discussing outsourcing as much US maintenance as possible in the event the IAM were to walk is crazy. You can bank on the fact that they have some contingency plans on the back burner if needed. Will they be able to outsource all maintenance and not skip a beat? Of course not. But combine 3rd party vendors with US mechanics willing to cross the picket line and replacement mechanics and they might be able to keep a decent sized operation going. If they don't, the airline would shut down, most likely for good, and liquidate. Either way, I don't see how the IAM wins, unless they'd consider a shutdown/liquidation of US a victory.

You know whats really scary? Reading the mature adult human beings treating each other if they had less than a 12th grade education.... I can only imagine if a passenger reading these threads thinks when they contemplate a mec working on their engines or these pilots flying their plane! Come on guys cant we have a mature conversation???? I mean man were talking about our jobs and our families here!!! Gees cant we all just get along ?