THE RESERVE SYSTEM

Travelpro72

Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
I can only speak on behalf of the f/a's operating under the east contract here but all are invited to share what they would want to see. The system we have here at east is horrible and from what I hear the west system is by far nothing that hot either. I think we ALL are ready for a change and should let the folks doing the negotiating for us know just what we want. I'm sure Tagging from the west would be a biggie. The east I'd say the LTO/bucket system. Getting rid of the "Old" system made the ones that passed work but the "New" system prevents EVERYONE from working. Fire away.....

I can only speak on behalf of the f/a's operating under the east contract here but all are invited to share what they would want to see. The system we have here at east is horrible and from what I hear the west system is by far nothing that hot either. I think we ALL are ready for a change and should let the folks doing the negotiating for us know just what we want. I'm sure Tagging from the west would be a biggie. The east I'd say the LTO/bucket system. Getting rid of the "Old" system made the ones that passed work but the "New" system prevents EVERYONE from working. Fire away.....
Go back to a seniority based reserve system, with very limited passing. If you are on duty 6 days, they have trips, you have to pick one. AWA's contract, here is your trip for tomorrow, there is no picking of open trips. Chosing your trip is still a priviledge. NO other airline allows reserves to chose from what is available when they call reserves. Most airlines have a phone number for reserves to call, to see what trip they have been assigned for the following day.

Go back to a seniority based reserve system, with very limited passing. If you are on duty 6 days, they have trips, you have to pick one. AWA's contract, here is your trip for tomorrow, there is no picking of open trips. Chosing your trip is still a priviledge. NO other airline allows reserves to chose from what is available when they call reserves. Most airlines have a phone number for reserves to call, to see what trip they have been assigned for the following day.

I like to choose what I am going to do if there is a choice and ROC if I am only good for a one day and all they have are trip for more than 1 day. If they want to split that trip to give me one day that would be okay. I want to work, just not on my days off.

I think the real issue will be creating more Blocks. This way no one will be on RSV for 15 to 20 plus years! My friend that started with UA in Feb., Had a Line, as they call them, on his 4th month! It can be done folks.

As a reserve I would also like to know my schedule a little more in advance.

Flex the schedule & create more blocks mix the red eyes with regular trips. Mix Reserve lines with trips & dry up the open time. Reserve pay to 76 hours with 12 days off and one pass a month.Once you get a trip auto Release with no contingency. Institute a RED,YELLOW,and GREEN light system. In emergency BLIZZARD convert within 3 hours.Automatic Violation time and 1/2 for all hours falling into extension of day. :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: Mix it up cut the shifts up no more 24 hour sitting in the ozone FULL D/H PAY FOR RESERVES!
just a few ideas

Flex the schedule & create more blocks mix the red eyes with regular trips. Mix Reserve lines with trips & dry up the open time. Reserve pay to 76 hours with 12 days off and one pass a month.Once you get a trip auto Release with no contingency. Institute a RED,YELLOW,and GREEN light system. In emergency BLIZZARD convert within 3 hours.Automatic Violation time and 1/2 for all hours falling into extension of day. :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: Mix it up cut the shifts up no more 24 hour sitting in the ozone FULL D/H PAY FOR RESERVES!
just a few ideas
These sound good so far!

create more blocks worth between 70-76 hrs a month across the board. Those who want to fly less can drop everything they are able if they wish (but say still have to fly a min of 20 hrs for insurance purposes) but only get paid for what they fly. This will allow those who want more hrs above their 70-76 hr lines to aquire more if they wish from a pool of open time. Keep the ETB but for reserves only who pick up trips... play them 1 1/2 times their normal pay above guarantee for the incentive to pick up uncovered trips on days off. Do not allow anyone who is able to hold a block bid reserve.... if you can hold a line, you must take a line. No Secondary blocks and no SAPS... just one bid!!! You get a shitty line, you fly your shitty line or you drop your trips or you try to trade trips or things like that. NO AIL!

There should be NO one with 15-20 yrs on reserve!!
Possibly create a rotating reserve, but not for all blockholders.. only the bottom 20-25%.. that way you know someday that you won't have to be required to do a rotating, and still gives you hope... (ha ha, right)

There really is too much flexability now with the blockholders... Running an operation with coveing and dropping trips the day before they are suppose to starts seems inefficent. just my thoughts
BTW... I am a bottom reserve

[quote
There should be NO one with 15-20 yrs on reserve!!
Possibly create a rotating reserve, but not for all blockholders.. only the bottom 20-25%.. that way you know someday that you won't have to be required to do a rotating, and still gives you hope... (ha ha, right)

[/quote]

I wouldn't go so far as to say no AIL, but the rotating reserve does sound like a good idea. Maybe a 6 or 12month rotation. Make the bottom 25% seperate bids from regular block holders so that they can be constructed with decent lines, ie days, intl, etc. so that even the most jr. person at some point will have the opportunity to hold decent block through a rotation.

I wouldn't go so far as to say no AIL, but the rotating reserve does sound like a good idea. Maybe a 6 or 12month rotation. Make the bottom 25% seperate bids from regular block holders so that they can be constructed with decent lines, ie days, intl, etc. so that even the most jr. person at some point will have the opportunity to hold decent block through a rotation.

Why not get rid of the AIL? Would allow more lines and shorter time on RSV! Name on other airline that has such a thing as the AIL.

I remember Continental having an 83 hour reserve guarantee at one point. It was incentive to use the RSV and schedule them wisely.

I like to choose what I am going to do if there is a choice and ROC if I am only good for a one day and all they have are trip for more than 1 day. If they want to split that trip to give me one day that would be okay. I want to work, just not on my days off.
Absolutely!!

As a reserve I would also like to know my schedule a little more in advance.
absolutely!

just a few ideas
HELL YES!!!!

Absolutely!!
absolutely!
HELL YES!!!!

I liked getting a choice of trip as a reserve. I also agree, let people drop time and get actual pay down to a set minimum, then allow the worker bees to pick up (legally of course! ;) ) trips. Split the trips to stay legal. Pay extra for working scheduled day off.
OPR was a sweet deal and often resulted in decent trips or the rest of the day off.
Tagging sounds unacceptable in its present form. Rotating reserve is fair. A higher guarantee would be nice.
Maybe it's time to move back to Pollyannaville! :D

Latest posts

Back