The results are in!

if DL has nothing to do with the discussion, then why did you bring up what DL pilots make in a discussion about AA employees, esp. mechanics?

I don't know what is my "charity" but DL doesn't donate to any organization that I have anything to do with so far as I know.

I pity what AA mechanics have been thru. I really do.

But you fix the problem by working within AA's structure, as flawed as it may be, not by trying to tell DL employees why they need a union.

I truly do hope the future holds better compensation for you and your peers. I have no reason to want anything else.

You were the first person to mention Delta on this thread, and then you have discussed Delta on nearly every response. This thread was about AA's earnings, you started with saying that the earnings were boosted by $1billion and labor costs then you went directly to Delta workers getting 8% in profit sharing. I didn't bring up the pilots, 700 did, in response to claims about Delta workers that you made on an AA thread about earnings.

Every thread you get on you bring Delta into. I'm kind of sick of it, my guess is so are many others here. Why not stay on the Delta thread and talk about Delta, we really don't care here. Whats the matter nobody on the Delta thread wants to talk to you? Well maybe you can thank the non-adversarial culture you boast about for that.

I also mentioned LUV and UAL to note the market caps.

My mention of DL employees was in response to 700's comment that a one time payout is less than a regular pay raise.

As I have noted just this afternoon and when I first commented on the subject, that statement is not correct.

DL employee profit sharing for 2013 will be paid at 8.2% of wages, higher than any pay raise that any scale DL employee (including pilots) have received in any one year. Given that interest rates are well less than 1%, the time value of money argument doesn't work.

Further, DL's profit sharing in recent years has been several percent higher than pay raises for any group.

If you'd like to jump in and correct blanket statements like that in the future, I'll be sure and stay on the sideline.

WT, please take a time out and chill for a while. If not for yourself then for the rest of us.
Thanks...

Funny US has AMT openings on the web page open to the public.

UPNAWAY said:
Good CEOs are worth their weight in gold, bad and mediocre ones now their pay is an issue. Fortunately DP is a good one. I know he took a pay cut after 9/11 and froze his salary for over 10 years, he will never be one to gorge compared to his peers.

Speaking of pay I'd like to think all you short sighted union folks for not wanting profit sharing. I imagine it would have been very good over the next 4-5 years.
ok you can get off your knees now!

I"m still waiting for someone to answer the question as to why AA mechanics can't make what mechanics at other airlines make - and what is going to be done about it instead of criticizing those who have it

WorldTraveler said:
I"m still waiting for someone to answer the question as to why AA mechanics can't make what mechanics at other airlines make - and what is going to be done about it instead of criticizing those who have it
You want a simple answer? OK, here it is.... TWU!!!

WorldTraveler said:
It was answered, guess not the answer you want to hear, so go ahead and tell us what you want the answer to be.

WorldTraveler said:
And I'm still waiting for you for over a week now to answer what law states the DOJ cant choose who gets the DCA and LGA slots.

Practice what you preach, oh wait you dont because you know you are wrong.

So why doesnt Delta's Mechanics do their own overhaul?

Why dont Delta's Mechanics make as much as WN, FX and UPS?

I told you what laws applied but you keep saying I haven't provided what you asked for. If you would get your hands off the keyboard long enough to read what other people write, we could actually have a conversation.

Tell me what airline does 100% of its own overhauls?

Tell me why multiple airlines send their engine work out including to DL?

You have not said one word on what law applies, I have asked you for over a week and you keep ignoring it.

And once again you dont answer questions when you are shown to be wrong.

Why do other airlines send their engines to American to overhaul?

Why do FedEx Mechanics make more than Delta Mechanics?

Why do UPS Mechanics make more than Delta Mechanics?

Why do WN Mechanics make more than Delta Mechanics?

Why do JetBlue Mechanics make more than Delta Mechanics?

Why do  UA Mechanics make more than Delta Mechanics?

Why do Alaksa Mechanics make more than Delta Mechanics?

Do you realize Delta's Mechanics are only above US (who filed chapter 11 twice and are in Section 6 Negotiations are shooting for $39 an hour) and AA who just got out of Chapter 11?

What last specifically states that the DOJ cant choose who gets the slots that AA/US were forced to divest?

Where is Delta's "Legal Challenge"?

As I noted on the DL forum, I am content that active DL employees can make their own best decision for their lives, families, and careers.

Can you respect that they, like other airline employees, have the ability to make their own best decision?

Ironic that you whine about people not answering questions you post, but you refuse to answer a question that paints your beloved Idol Delta in a bad light with the truth, reality and facts.

Why do other airlines send their engines to American to overhaul?

Why do FedEx Mechanics make more than Delta Mechanics?

Why do UPS Mechanics make more than Delta Mechanics?

Why do WN Mechanics make more than Delta Mechanics?

Why do JetBlue Mechanics make more than Delta Mechanics?

Why do  UA Mechanics make more than Delta Mechanics?

Why do Alaksa Mechanics make more than Delta Mechanics?

Do you realize Delta's Mechanics are only above US (who filed chapter 11 twice and are in Section 6 Negotiations are shooting for $39 an hour) and AA who just got out of Chapter 11?

What last specifically states that the DOJ cant choose who gets the slots that AA/US were forced to divest?

Where is Delta's "Legal Challenge"?

Back