THE SERENITY PRAYER

cavalier

Veteran
Aug 28, 2002
www.usaviation.com
[P]The dismal situation we all find ourselves in, including our co-workers at UAL, brings out the best and worst in people. Individuals really need to consider end results before action is taken. Rage and frustration, which are very negative emotions, only make a bad situation a total disaster. These time proven words hold very true for every single one of us connected with an industry in total chaos. Good Luck to every one of us involved whatever the future holds.[/P][BR]
[P] [STRONG]God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I Cannot change…[BR][BR] Courage to change the things I can[BR][BR] And Wisdom to know the difference…[BR][/STRONG][/P]
[P align=left][BR] [/P]

Most of us have been "driven" to AA by now, so we can recite that prayer in our sleep.

Thank you Cavalier, [BR][BR]That is a very appropriate post for anyone starting a New Year, but especially for all of the U and UAL employees, their families and the loyal px in the coming days and year. It is one of my favorites and thanks for starting the year off with good thoughts. This board did need that.[BR][BR]I have two other favorites that were given to me a few years ago:[BR] [FONT color=#000033][BR][/FONT] [BR] [STRONG]"I get up, I walk, I fall down.[BR] Meanwhile, I keep dancing!"[BR][/STRONG] quote by a Rabbi Hillel[BR] [BR]The other is:[BR][BR][STRONG] It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line.[BR][BR][/STRONG]This is so true. I hope these thoughts on this thread give some of you food for thought . The first especially has helped me and I read it often if I feel overwhelmed ever in life.[BR][BR]Happy New Year to all[BR][BR]Trish