Virgin and United settle into gates at DAL

looks like Mother Nature is not being nice on the first down post Wright; DAL and DFW both have heavy cancellations and delays. IAH/HOU are only doing slightly better but far from a great operation.

DL is operating all of its flights to ATL even though delayed so far while UA has cancelled several of its flights.

and yet blue, surely you don't subscribe to swamt's mindset of WN benevolence?

WorldTraveler said:
looks like Mother Nature is not being nice on the first down post Wright; DAL and DFW both have heavy cancellations and delays. IAH/HOU are only doing slightly better but far from a great operation.

DL is operating all of its flights to ATL even though delayed so far while UA has cancelled several of its flights.

and yet blue, surely you don't subscribe to swamt's mindset of WN benevolence?
I certainly don't subscribe to your mindset. I don't know why WN did it and neither do you. I don't see airlines the same way you do. I don't care who is 'winning'; I only care about earning a paycheck that is commensurate with my worth, and living my life outside of work.
As far as DAL is concerned, I'm of the mindset that DL will be left out when the current leaseholders have schedules that fill their gates, and there will be no recourse (a judge can't choose which law to follow, and which to disregard). You never know, DAL might be able to accommodate DL on a handstand that they'll have to bus their passengers out to.

Reactions: 4 people
uh, yes, judges absolutely do choose which law is "superior" to others and which one is not compatible with others.

it happens all the time.

I am not naïve enough to believe that anyone does anything in business out of benevolence; WN is "helping" DL to keep the case out of court while hoping for a resolution that will limit the possibility of any damage to WN.

to believe anything else from a profit motivated enterprise is in this situation is a couple shades short of reality.

given that your highest priority appears to be your personal well-being, then those of us who see the larger scale issues can certainly can continue the debate.

WorldTraveler said:
uh, yes, judges absolutely do choose which law is "superior" to others and which one is not compatible with others.

it happens all the time.

I am not naïve enough to believe that anyone does anything in business out of benevolence; WN is "helping" DL to keep the case out of court while hoping for a resolution that will limit the possibility of any damage to WN.

to believe anything else from a profit motivated enterprise is in this situation is a couple shades short of reality.

given that your highest priority appears to be your personal well-being, then those of us who see the larger scale issues can certainly can continue the debate.
Do you have an example?

Shouldn't personal well being rank up higher on the anyone's list than the competition between companies?

Reactions: 5 people
if you want an example of laws being overturned, one look at any general news website will show you stories of laws being overturned.

as for your priorities, they are yours. others will have different priorities.

but no personal priorities have any bearing on the fact that if the 5 party agreement and the DAL lease agreements are not compatible with federal airport access laws which apply at every other airport and federal antitrust laws which apply across vast sections of the US economy, then clinging to the leases as if that will allow WN to do what it wants and keep DL out won't work.

Given that WN accommodated DL, it is pretty obvious they see a legal risk and are willnng to do what they can to keep the case out of court.

you are free to believe differently but I have said for months on this issue that DL would be at DAL or the case would go to court.

I haven't changed my mind.

I don't really care about whether you or anyone changes your mind.

The only real barometer will be if you and others acknowledge that I was right when it becomes apparent that DL will be at DAL on a long-term basis, exactly what I said would happen months ago when this whole conversation started - and I think we are approaching a year on the same topic.

and since the airline industry was deregulated, the US air transportation system doesn't revolve around ANY airline - let alone any combination of them.

federal airports are federal assets of all the people.

a judge will likely be explaining why DAL doesn't have the legal right to turn any carrier away that wants to serve it.

What?  Was that you Robbed? Never mind, I thought I heard something...

robbedagain said:
U posted great article swamt
I heard you Robbed. That was directed to someone else who thinks he always has a right to come into other peoples convo's and interupt meaningful conversations already in progress...

Reactions: 1 person