The Story Of The Missing Fragmentation Rights

I'm sure no one else is interested in this exchange, so send me any reply via the private message system.

Cheers

Ahhh hello... The horses have left the barn already AAv.

Stop fussing about Airways, and realize that the effect of what other legacy carriers do or do not do has long since taken a backseat to whatever the LCC carriers have been doing.

You wanna whine, go to the jetBlue board, tell them to "hold the line" when it comes to flying 90 seaters. Because as soon as they get their first E-190, they will fly it into current Airways markets.

Airways is not just defending our market now, we are fighting for our very jobs. And for you to get all uppity with us telling us not to "gut the profession" (code = do not effect YOU) is lame, especially since YOUR Airline has led the way of having 70 seaters flown by your Express carrier.

Remember that it was Airways, not American that had the most restrictive Scope Clause for the longest time. We lost significant market precentage to the insane amount of RJ growth at your carrier and others preying upon OUR markets.

You think I am stupid, that I do not understand what having "Express" on the side of a 90 seater means...? Of course I do, but economic reality, and a FAR worse situation that the one you face has left us few other options.

At least WE are being smart about it and keeping the flying on our list and for our own pilots. Those pilots that elect to go to Midatlantic HAVE taken steep paycuts, in the hope of having a "Mainline" to return to, and a share in the profits that a strong Airways could create.

Hard times = hard choices

AAviator:

You have no idea of what you're talking about and your motivation is clear. You're petrified that what has happened at US Airways and is going to happen to American Airlines and its employees. Guess what? It will and you will lose your pension too.

I suspect the dominos are going to fall for United, Delta, American, Northwest, and Continental in short order.

Your pathetic posts to try and influence the process, discredit posters, and provide false information is your weak attempt to save your self, but you're too small to matter.

You're union started this mess with the first "B" scale, so do not come onto this website and provide false information when APA started the demise of the legacy carrier airline industry.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Rico said:
Ahhh hello... The horses have left the barn already AAv.

Stop fussing about Airways, and realize that the effect of what other legacy carriers do or do not do has long since taken a backseat to whatever the LCC carriers have been doing.

You wanna whine, go to the jetBlue board, tell them to "hold the line" when it comes to flying 90 seaters. Because as soon as they get their first E-190, they will fly it into current Airways markets.

Airways is not just defending our market now, we are fighting for our very jobs. And for you to get all uppity with us telling us not to "gut the profession" (code = do not effect YOU) is lame, especially since YOUR Airline has led the way of having 70 seaters flown by your Express carrier.

Remember that it was Airways, not American that had the most restrictive Scope Clause for the longest time. We lost significant market precentage to the insane amount of RJ growth at your carrier and others preying upon OUR markets.

You think I am stupid, that I do not understand what having "Express" on the side of a 90 seater means...? Of course I do, but economic reality, and a FAR worse situation that the one you face has left us few other options.

At least WE are being smart about it and keeping the flying on our list and for our own pilots. Those pilots that elect to go to Midatlantic HAVE taken steep paycuts, in the hope of having a "Mainline" to return to, and a share in the profits that a strong Airways could create.

Hard times = hard choices
[post="187328"][/post]​
(big yawn....) Rico, where do I even start with you. Air wisconsin flow BAE 146's in United colors before ANY jet was flown at AE. ASA flew CRJ70' in DAL colors long before they were allowed at Eagle. Feb '97 (if you're old enough to remember back that far) APA went on strike over the RJ's even then, the company was limited to 67 50 seaters. Where do you get this stuff? Why such a problem with facts? Believe me we've got our battle scars, remember the Canadian code share debacle where we stayed out of open time and AA screeched to a halt 1996-ish, or the "alleged" Reno sick out?? I know, I know we're wearing skirts... 70 seaters are at Eagle. 25 of them. 25 optins haven't been exersized. They're mx pigs.

As for the Jetblue board, been there, done that. They're convinced that if they get paid a penny more, "the head will die". How can you counter that logic? Well anyway here I am talking to you. ;)

As for defending your market, thats a joke. I asked in another thread what the plan REALLY is, besides lower wages? Is U gonna be a point to point carrier like a Jetblue, or Southwest? or a America West operating from delay free, sunny inexpensive airports? Nobody knows. You have a manager, and a majority owner who have ZERO airline experience. So far, the plan has been to lower your wages to compete. Even your negotiating committee leaked that the company doesn't plan to implement structural changes until 2007. WTF? You bet your life your fighting for your jobs. Why aren't you petitioning the bankruptcy court to appoint a trustee? You've got A certain captain working with the company to make things "better" for you. That alone would scare the #### out of me.

You've got hard choices alright. I've never argued that. I did ask a certain captain why he lies like a rug.

peace.

USA320Pilot said:
AAviator:

You have no idea of what you're talking about and your motivation is clear. You're petrified that what has happened at US Airways and is going to happen to American Airlines and its employees. Guess what? It will and you will lose your pension too.

I suspect the dominos are going to fall for United, Delta, American, Northwest, and Continental in short order.

Your pathetic posts to try and influence the process, discredit posters, and provide false information is your weak attempt to save your self, but you're too small to matter.

You're union started this mess with the first "B" scale, so do not come onto this website and provide false information when APA started the demise of the legacy carrier airline industry.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="187344"][/post]​
USA320pilot, I know I am wasting my time with you, but for the benefit of anyone else who cares to read my response to you let me begin by saying you, are again: WRONG

U pilots lost their DB plan. It was replaced with a DC plan which is now under attack. AA pilots have had a DC plan long before I was born, as well as a DB plan. Sure the DB plans have been under attack for a variety of reasons, but, the DC plan $ leaves the property every month. Its ours, and whats ours stays ours. Yes it might be subject to negotiation pressures in the future, but that money can't be taken away from us. period. Now the A fund (DB plan) will undoubtedly be front and center especially if and when DL goes into BK. So will I lose my pension too? maybe, but that represents about 30% of AA pilots LUMP SUM.

I LOVE this one.."Your pathetic posts to try and influence the process, discredit posters, and provide false information is your weak attempt to save your self, but you're too small to matter."
so when is U going to buy AA? http://www.planebusiness.com/perspectives/p081099jester.html

Or when is this ICT, UCT transaction going to take place? Who's pathetic here? Dude, the king really is nude!

You poor guy....

TheLarkAscending said:
Pot, please meet kettle. :rolleyes:
[post="187395"][/post]​

Seems apt:

Criticizing others for the very fault one possesses: “I wouldn’t call him lazy if I were you, Andy; that would be the pot calling the kettle black.â€￾

What we ALL fear:

Creditors who insist on having their “pound of fleshâ€￾ are those who cruelly demand the repayment of a debt, no matter how much suffering it will cost the debtor: “The bank will have its pound of flesh; it is going to foreclose on our mortgage and force us to sell our home.â€￾ The expression is from The Merchant of Venice, by William Shakespeare.

AAviator said:
I'm sure no one else is interested in this exchange, so send me any reply via the private message system.

Cheers
[post="187322"][/post]​
be careful of what you say, you may get sent to the cornfields. Moderators are very bias.....I know.

AAviator,

Two years ago we had to deal with Bob Owens another AA employee.He came to this board for the same reasons you are here.He employed the typical tactics lies, half truths and of course he questioned our manhood if we didn't stand-up to our "evil" management.He of course wanted us to fall on the sword so we wouldn't impact his pay and working conditions.

I'll tell you what I find interesting.The pilots at U are currently paid more than the AA pilots.We went through two rounds of concessions in BK but you guys pulled down your skirts fell to your knees and accepted a lower pay rate to avoid BK.And now you come to this board and tell us to stand firm and fight to our death.You are pathetic and lack any credibility here.

US10

AAviator said:
There's no mandate that requires this one to be sent to the membership. Do you understand what you write?

Where's the requirement? If it doesn't make it past the MEC, the NC goes back to work. Pretty simple isn't it? Why do you do this?
[post="187194"][/post]​
Because he is like Mt. St. Helens except he spews doom and gloom and BS. Savy

Well AAv, if we are so destined for failure, then what are you wasting your time spouting off speechs to us then, eh...?

Or, you might actually see us as a threat.

I understand that there are a ton of people out there that would LOVE to see Airways fail. If I were AAL the last thing (well second to last, heard the rumor SWA was interested in DFW gates, is that true?) would want to see is a strong US Airways challenge them out of FLL, DCA, LGA, and BOS.

I can understand that AAL would not want to see Airways with a competitive advantage over them, addng the E-190 to our E-170's...

But when it comes right down to it... It is our business, and none of yours.

Fact is there are an insane amount of Eagle RJ's flying all over the map, so congrats on your supposed "victory". Airways on the other hand was able to hold far more restictive scope limits in place for far longer, without resorting to a strike or illegal sick-out in the past

And today, Airways ALPA is is smart enough to deal with the market reality that the new generation of 90 seat airliners represent. We have negotiated to keep em in house, and flown by our furloughed pilots. You might whine about the "Expressification" of that flying, but the fact is that it is still growth (albeit low paying) on the Airways certificate, not another's.

Better deal than what the American furloughees have.