The View From The Passenger's Seat.

customer said:
I learned of this site while searching the web this past weekend in hopes of finding some news of what the heck was going on with our luggage. Decided to join...
[post="233444"][/post]​

Are you for real?! After all the bad things that happened to you, after all the money you suposedly wasted on USAirways you should have vowed to NEVER SPEND ANOTHER DIME on USAirways.

But then you came to this website and paid 1.99$ to join?! Speedy Gonzalez!

You should have sent a letter to USAirways Corporate so that they can fix the problem. That is what they do you know. Your complaint would have gone to the right place and it would have cost you less. (But somehow you already knew where the smell of death emanated from I suppose.)

N924PS said:
700:

I'll bet "Customer" is being quite restrained in the description of the poor customer service experience he endured at the hands of USAirways. Plenty of blame to share between labor and management. Plenty of posts portraying both sides of that issue, which I'm sure you have read.

"Customer" is king. Always was. Always will be. Voting with their feet and their dollars. Not for USAirways any longer, I surmise.

You might remember that it took a handful of dedicated terrorists to bring the nation's air transportation system to a standstill back in 2001. It only took 80 labor terrorists in PHL to accomplish a similar goal over the Christmas Holiday. Only this time they caused an airline to collapse.

By the way, you seem to be continuously on this site. You aren't doing this on company time are you?
[post="233465"][/post]​

Oh come on. Air transportation is just that, transportation. It's not a sky lounge where employees are to be abused by the public. Granted, all passengers should be shown respect due to anyone, but that goes both ways. New rules had to be put into place because passengers who were unruly on the ground could prove a threat in the air. Passengers are routinely denied boarding all the time. They are also pulled off flights because of their behavior. They've even struck employees when they don't get their way.

It's unfortunate what happened in PHL that night. But to call any employee "labor terrorists" is crazy. That few people cannot bring down an airline that wasn't already in dire financial straits and poorly managed.

You have a very skewed view of what flying is all about today.

wingwalker

What is a reasonable view about flying today? Pay an advertised fare and expect to arrive at my destination with my bags (close to ontime)? Maybe the airline is in dire financial straits because of unreasonable union contracts.

DCFlyer said:
What is a reasonable view about flying today? Pay an advertised fare and expect to arrive at my destination with my bags (close to ontime)? Maybe the airline is in dire financial straits because of unreasonable union contracts.
[post="234568"][/post]​

What planet are you from…I barely made it through your post of what we are worth.
Now you come on and say my union contract is unreasonable. If we didn’t have our contracts they would have us working for minimum wage but I guess you would agree to that then you could get your flights for nothing because that’s what you want to pay nothing right all you #### about is the fact that we make too much.

You have some big ones! come on and tell us what you do …you have the nerve to ask these question of us be a man tell me what your profession is and your pay I bet you are over paid as well……

You don’t have what it takes to tell the truth… I’ll wait and see……………………

DCFlyer said:
Maybe the airline is in dire financial straits because of unreasonable union contracts.
[post="234568"][/post]​
Maybe you are a poor soul who is clueless sitting behind a keyboard in your dark room spouting off all your frustrations because your mother never you gave you enough suckle.

You guys and gals are the ones complaining all the time....I am not - in fact I am very happy with what I do and how I am compensated. Many people do what you do just fine with the Regionals....without all of the whining! In fact lots of them would love to have the contracts you have.

If it is really all managment's fault, maybe they should quit selling tickets.

At one time the *standard* was getting every last golden egg....maybe that had something to do with the mess everyone is in.

DCFlyer said:
[post="234568"][/post]​

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!

DCFlyer said:
[post="234568"][/post]​

Before 911, if you had somewhere you had to be then you were a fool to fly in the same day. If your event was something as important as your wedding, then you were a fool not to allow enough time that you could rent a car and drive if the airline got you stranded.

Travel today isn’t getting better….

Doc said:
Wow……What a pathetic rant all because you lost your bag. You’re just another republican looser who thinks we all should be workers at will. Corporate makes a few mistakes just lower the workers wage raise there health care cancel their pension that will make stock holders happy and if that doesn’t work lay a bunch off work the crap out of them no one will notice. We will get our bonus and the world just keeps going around and around. Well I bet you are noticing now.

I bet you didn’t even read any replies.

Host I recommend trashing this thread due to insightful language……..

You should try posting your bag claim number here I’m sure someone here would love to help you.
If that doesn’t work try bag heaven….we send a few there from time to time.
[post="234421"][/post]​

If the newspapers are going to reference this website, the least they could do is post THAT one.

Group:

700UW said: "How many times have you refused to take an airplane when the autopilot is on MEL. Don't you get paid to fly the plane, not a computer?

USA320Pilot comments: This is truly a stupid comment, probably born out of frustration with pending "imposition and potential elimination" now just 5 days away.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Phoenix said:
Are you for real?! After all the bad things that happened to you, after all the money you suposedly wasted on USAirways you should have vowed to NEVER SPEND ANOTHER DIME on USAirways.

But then you came to this website and paid 1.99$ to join?! Speedy Gonzalez!

You should have sent a letter to USAirways Corporate so that they can fix the problem. That is what they do you know. Your complaint would have gone to the right place and it would have cost you less. (But somehow you already knew where the smell of death emanated from I suppose.)
[post="234428"][/post]​

I am highly suspect of the "new" posters that come on here. And secondly the cost to post here is $2.95 per month. Must be a mightly huge message these new posters want to convey to the "group".

There is more than meets the eye with these "new" posters. Nurse, my freggin eye....

Trust me, nurses don't have "planned sick outs", plus more than the majority don't know what "union" means or is. Those who call in sick at hospitals are fired. Your license is on the line for abandonment of duty. Period.

My apologies, but for the life of me I can't figure out why the quote tags aren't working tonight!

javaboy,

just popping in (things are slow at my job this time of year)...noticed your post. There's some good stuff in there.
javaboy said:
to the traveling public that thinks another airline will come along. dream on.
[post="234406"][/post]​
Not necessarily. New airlines do pop up from time to time. But I certainly agree that the traveling public has no basis to expect a new airline to return the industry to its current capacity.

no they are not going to jump in with more planes to recover the seats lost by a demise of UAIR.
One would think not, but legacy carriers have a very long tradition of putting too much capacity out there. They shouldn't but past experience suggests that they well might. Go figure.

instead of say pit or phl or clt you will be funneled through ord, dfw, atl, msp, dtw, ewr, iah more than likely on regional jets.
Or JFK or...maybe served nonstop on WN. Your comment here suggests that you cannot see beyond carriers providing service 40 years ago. And, incidentally, the RJs still have a lot of reason to go away in many of their current markets. Frequency is fine, but not at the expense of profitability. :huh:

...because the plane is so full it just feels smaller. well that is the price of the cheaper ticket.
It is, indeed. Have we proven yet that AA's MRTC is a failure? This is something I'm still extremely interested in finding out.

some cities wont get service (ERI ABE HAR) and southwest aint coming soon to towns like that.
But nobody has explained why that's a bad thing. If we, as a nation, decide that universal local air service is as important as universal postal or telephone service, then we'll establish such a system. We already have subsidized air service to some cities. Why is it important to have?

try riding air tran to oh say London, or Hawaii
To Hawaii, one can now fly Aloha from the West Coast. I would hardly be surprised to find some further expansion eastward. As for European destinations, I suspect that we're getting close to the time when LCCs will serve them, simply due to a lack of domestic markets remaining for expansion.

In the meantime, AA and CO are profitably serving Europe. NW is profitably serving Asia. That looks like it will continue for some time.

Time once again to wheel out Al Kahn and let him tell you (the traveling public) what a huge success deregulation is.
It is. I have more choices of airline between most city pairs than I did in 1975. And, in general, I can fly among them for less (inflation adjusted) than I could in 1975. I get to accumulate frequent flyer miles, free upgrades, etc., etc., etc. I couldn't do any of that in 1975.

The entire US aviation system is in shambles and simply put must be fixed one way or another.
The only thing that appears to be in shambles is the business models of a handful of carriers. That's to be expected in a market that shifts from regulated to deregulated.

imagine if you will Delta filing in 2005, and shedding its pension like UAL has done (is doing) the collapse of the PBGC will demand congressional intervention (think savings and loan of the 80s) simply because it must be done like it or not.
:rolleyes: Do you honestly think that the airlines are the only ones, or even the most significant ones, with huge pension obligations? Take a look at GM's SEC filings sometime, will you? Yes, this is a problem at the legacy carriers, but it's a much bigger problem than that. It's nationwide, across all industries that still have pensions.

then what to avoid booking on a bk carrier ... you could very well not be booking on AMR, DAL, CAL, (all possible bk candidates within next 6months) UAIR, UAL, Hawaiian, Aloha, ATA, probably Independence Air. ok there's always Airtran (lost money last quarter) Southwest (admits when hedging runs out things will be quite different profitwise) Jetblue (-preannounced possible loss 4qtr) but lets see Jetblue travels to what 24 cities? SWA only 60 and airtran? if you leave in or near those cities you win, if you dont you lose.
Clearly you're not looking at the big picture. They're not all going to be in bankruptcy at the same time, or even at all. Those with the best business plans will stay in business. That's how capitalism works.

prices will begin to rise as airlines realize they can not go everywhere all the time.
Yeah, probably. That's pretty typical for any industry except technology.

their networks will retract giving certain airlines geographical dominance and pricing power.
Within reason, perhaps. But not monopolistic pricing, since there's little preventing another airline from entering the same market. That was part of what Kahn and Bailey had envisioned.

in other words the circle is continuing to form like the "trunk carriers" of the 60s i think in the next 10 years you will see something similar.
Yes and no, but more no. The trunks of the 60s had very clearly defined routes of ownership. That's not reforming today. True, different airlines are likely to have regions of strength, but that's always been true. Only in the late 80s was there even a glimmer of that not being the case.

UAIR in dire straights needs to rally the troops and calm investors, and allow the "experts" to point to a plan that says its a long shot but it just might work. something like this Robert Crandell former Ceo of AMR is appointed to CEO of UAIR or Gordon Bethune former CEO CAL.
I'd give better odds to me winning the Lotto jackpot. At this point, I think US is too far gone, but then again I'm surprised those midnight blue airplanes are still in the air.

While Low cost carrier expand domestically i would expect the legacy carriers will finally realize their hidden strengths and begin to exploit them.
It'd be about time. :p

There is no pricing power (fare wars) on overlapping routes. so instead of pouring flights on to combat the loss of market share, they will instead keep a token few (probably their regional partners on it) and begin to empahize what LCCs can not offer international long range flying. or to destinations LCCs simply wont or can not go. (think Europe, Asia, ect...)
That'd work if they didn't have to serve all of those cities to build enough demand to fill the aircraft at the international gateways. How much of the domestic market can you afford to lose money serving in order to support those profitable international flights?

at the same time the LCCs will now co-exsist with the Legacies each respecting the others "turf"
Now this is laughable. LCCs have little reason to "respect" any "turf." WN certainly didn't "respect" PHL. :huh:

a better product will be offered to the consumer and flying while on fuller planes will become more "human".
Not while B6 can profitably offer a better product than US at the same fare, while US loses money.

customer said:
SNIP

US Air has the "smell of death". Employees have obviously given up. From GA to PA to NY. All of 'em.

SNIP

So after all that, what's the passenger's opinion? Sc**w you guys. All of you. 30,000 people are gonna lose their jobs because of your Union.

Boy, you sure showed them!
[post="233444"][/post]​

I am truly sorry that your trip was ruined. I am sorry that you feel that the staff with whom you dealt are worthless. I am sorry that you feel that US Air [sic] has the smell of

But I can assure you that not all of the emplyoees have given up. Not this employees. Not the employees with whom I work. Not the employees worked many extra hours to help to straighten out this mess - some giving up their Christmas celebration.

But what I feel really sorry for is that you are sad sort of person who says s--- you to 30000 people. All of them. If this company goes under, there will be reposessions, forclosures, divorces, and, yes, suicides. What a sad, sorry, person you must be - at least based on your posting.

You know what? Not one of the customers that I encountered last weekend said "no wonder guys are going under". Not one. No one said "s--- you" Not even the woman who was unable to get to the funeral of a loved one.

I am truly sorry that so many people suffered through last weekend. To all of them, I apologize. Even to you. But I hope that you will aplogize for your words.

(Not to nitpick, but no one has said that any union had anything to do with the dipspicable actions of a few)

Latest posts