Ticketing Question

EightySix

Advanced
Aug 24, 2002
Sure you can use two tickets. Actually you could even use more than that to exchange, but reservations is limited to using two tickets to exchange for one. Hint, use them before they expire from the system, otherwise you have to call our accounting office to have them verified. E-tickets can only be displayed in our computer for 13 months.

I was going through my list of unused US e-tickets and have a question for any of the res agents out there: Is it possible to use two wholly unused tickets for the purchase of a new ticket, or is it just one unused for one new? For a variety of reasons (mostly that the company audits when we have unused yet expensed airline tickets) I''m trying to use up my old tickets. Thanks for any info!

Awesome, thank you. I'm assuming my corporate travel office (since they originally issued the ticket) can handle the exchange, as they would in any other case? All are nonrefundable, so I'm assuming a $100 fee per ticket.

Our finance dept. has started auditing unused tickets, as we apparently had several folks buying refundable tickets, expensing them (using the receipt the travel office provided) and then calling the airline to have them refunded. So, I'm trying to clear out my "bank" of tickets just to be safe.

yes you can combined all your unused e-tkts to pay for one ticket if you wish...but these exchanges will have to be made at the airport ticket counter.

if any of these tickets are unrefundable a $100.00 change fee will be deducted from any of the tickets..

unused e-ticktes can be assess upto 13 months from date of issue longer than 13 month will take research

one more thing to remember...a nonref tkt can only be used against another nonref tkt....u cant reissue them towards a full coach class fare...which are refundable.....

----------------
On 8/24/2002 9:35:12 PM

one more thing to remember...a nonref tkt can only be used against another nonref tkt....u cant reissue them towards a full coach class fare...which are refundable.....
----------------

FYI.........That rule was distinctly changed about a month ago,...see past date briefs or the revised fare rule page for non ref fare codes..it definitely can be used against a unrestricted fare..and without a waiver..in the past you needed a waiver and then and now the new unrest. tkt is non ref. also.

This is one example why we "supposedly" shd be paid the big money..to remember such things and to read the briefings every day thoroughly and also for the days you are off. Things change procedurally every day in this business.

Maybe im confused???? This is a Posting about ticketing.... Not about what anyone makes per hour and if they deserve it or not... Please you two go in a private room and chat...It was kinda nice to see a question and not people bashing each other ... Please give it a REST!!![:(]

hey reality check...what do u mean "supposedly" paid the big money...you dont think ur worth 22.00 hr???...im having trouble understanding your last statement...clarify it for me please......

Just a note...

we can do two wholly unused E-tkts towards the purchase
of a new non refundable etkt and we CAN do it over the
phone....have done it several times....

Not paper tickets though.

YES, I am indeed stating that we are paid the big money, among other reasons, to read, learn, recall, and implement all policies and procedures in this complex business from one day to the next. The less you are paid or the less mgmt thinks you are worth, the more errors you likely can expect.
Based on my efforts every day,I do think I am worth the 22...others around me who perform unsatisfactorily, and every dept has them, do not deserve it.

so what u are saying is we should be paid based on performance?.....somewhere there needs to be a criteria to determine who gets paid what....forget about the union and the group as a whole....what im hearing is that u feel u deserve the 22.00 but not everyone does...what makes u think that your peers around you feel you would deserve it?....how one percieves themself to others is often distorted....

I think our corporate travel office must have a "standing" waiver of some sort to use nonrefundable tickets to purchase a refundable ticket. They do this for me all the time yet tell me the refundable ticket is then effectively nonrefundable. I've often used, for example, BE102MNS fares to purchase BA3US fares when my itinerary changes, but the agent tells me the BE102MNS amount used to purchase the BA3US fare is STILL nonrefundable. Either that, or they're just ticketing it wrong and no one has caught it.

Two wholly unused tickets per new ticket is max.
A change fee applies to each reissued ticket.

Yes, you can use non-refundable tickets against refundable tickets. The amount that was non-refundable remains non-refundable.

Other restrictions apply...

--

Dino ATO

Ok...... listen up folks .....you have some of this a-s-s backwards.......I do not have the policy or the bulletin right smackdab in front of me..but,..what I recall it said up to 2 nonref can be exchgd for an unrest.ticket without waiver.,,that much I know 100pct for certain ..and the new tkt follows the vol change rules of the new fare ..what I am only 99.9 pct sure of is that the entire new tkt is also non ref, not just the orig tkt value .that is how I remember reading the bulletin in JULY and thats how it was during waiver days..If as implied above by someone it were part non ref and part ref, this would cause mayhem in acctg, so thats why I am 99.9 pct sure entire new tkt is non-rfndble..

Secondly, when I replied way up above that "we are paid the big money".. to learn, retain, and implement policy and procedure, I was speaking "WE" as a unit, or union of agts, not individually as someone above segued into and caused the topic to stray into one agent being worth more than the other. So with a little more detail that wasnt originally necessary, but now is, if I expect to be paid well than , I in return make certain I keep up to date as best as possible with all the ever changing policies and procedures, and everyone at top of scale shd be doing the same. If we do, than mgmt shd pay us the big money, if we dont than they have every right to want to pay us less. Obviously we know that is true in real life and ironically this thread has accidentally shown, not by my own doing, that there are CS agts in all fields who do not know the policy correctly as it is intended to be enforced. Though that was far from the intent, it is there plain as day.[:sun:]

And it's even more fun when you are trying to use unused tickets purchased online !!!

Geez, what a fiasco that it!

[:bigsmile:]