Time for a buyout?

With the announcement today about PIT no longer being a crew base is it time for a buyout?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tahitigirl

Senior
Aug 19, 2005
With so many people hanging on to see what would happen with the merger and now the closure of PIT could it be time for a buyout?

I know the company is not required to offer a buyout but for the life of me I can't figure out why they don't. As cost conscious as the Tempe group is you'd think that they would do it. Give those that want to retire at least a year of benefits. I think that most stay due to the fact that they can't afford the health benefits if they left. COBRA is an absolute JOKE! Figure out a way to offer a buyout for these folks that WANT to leave but CAN'T. THEN you can recall those that are making new hire wages. You would lower your labor costs at least after you were finished paying out the retirees. Will we EVER see a buyout? Probably not. Just keep screwing and screwing. It's what US does best. Hey, after all it's just BUSINESS right? Nothing personal. :rolleyes: Why would you want to improve employee morale? ;)

A buyout would allow some people who have been sitting on the fence about leaving to make up their mind if they want to stay. Many have been commuting from PIT in hopes that things would get better. Some feel like they want to quit, but don't want to leave empty handed. I agree if the company could figure out a way to help these folks with health insurance and some form of compensation many would leave and it would save the company in the end not just money but also in morale. Just think of all the new uniforms that wouldn't need to be ordered.

With so many people hanging on to see what would happen with the merger and now the closure of PIT could it be time for a buyout?

sky high states:

.......WHY WOULD THEY THROW MONEY AT A PROBLEM, THAT ISNT THEIRS, NOR CARE ABOUT???????????????

only stating opinions

C_H_E_A_P

C_H_E_A_P

C_H_E_A_P

They wud rather have us QUIT then pay us to leave!!

This company has gone to hell.was talking to a CHP today--she noticed the attitude's among the employees..I asked why does she continue to fly us.?
At times she has no choice, but when she does, So goes elsewhere!

Ya hear that Tempe? :down:

The local President should ask for a severance package for those who can not commute.

AFA should be hammering this to senior management. There is no way that the bases can handle 500 most senior f/as in the airline... positions.

I think a buyout should be offered company wide. Who knows maybe even some of our west counterparts would like to leave? To many the merger hasn't been what they thought it would be.

They need to offer a round of buyouts for both East and West. We have a lot here at west that are ready and waiting. They just don't want to leave empty handed.

They didn't offer a buy out when SAN or other senior bases closed.

Why would they not do the right thing now-because they don't have to do it.

Just scare enough people w/ the commute or the cost of living in other cities.

They are doing the same "shake the tree" tactic. It's always worth a try on managements part.

Don't give up.

Latest posts

Back