Would You Vote Yes Or No On Companys New Proposal

What is your vote for the Companys New Proposal to CWA?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the CWA has a tentative, and talk becomes cheap, I'm betting this vote count of 60/40 will be just about on the money. ONLY IN REVERSE! 60% yes, 40% no.

It would be interesting to repost the same poll after the details of the TA are announced and see if there is any difference in the numbers.

Any buyout....any amount...would be greatly appreciated by most all. The future here isn't going to be pretty...

Imamec said:
Now that the CWA has a tentative, and talk becomes cheap, I'm betting this vote count of 60/40 will be just about on the money. ONLY IN REVERSE! 60% yes, 40% no.

And then all we need is 25% for the buyout!

Former ModerAAtor said:
Check to see if the company is contesting unemployment claims (which I'm assuming they won't, but that's a dangerous assumption). If they're not contesting, there's no reason that someone taking a buyout wouldn't also qualify for unemployment.

I know that with our last buyout, the payments were stretched out over X months depending on your seniority (which determined the payment), and paid out on the same schedule as paychecks, i.e. someone with three months of severence got six bi-monthly payments on payday). It's a lot less of a hit to cashflow, although there is some risk should they shut down before the last checks are issued.
[post="205255"][/post]​

Are you confusing a buyout package with a severance package? There is a big difference. If your work facility remains operational, and you voluntarily depart with cash, that's a buyout. If your work facility closes through no fault of your own, you are eligible for severance, not a buyout.

Okay, I am trying really hard to understand everyone's position. It is obvious that the buy out is the dividing line between us all but before you jump on the wagon hear me out. The employees will have 45 days to elect the buy out. The company has 30 days to decide how they will award the buy outs. The company may then take 15 to 18 months to phase those agents out. How many times has the company broken contracts? Are you willing to put your trust in them? I for one am not. If the contract passes, so be it. But I gaurantee this company will keep coming back for more and more and more..........

Am I cynical? Hell yes.

BTW, we already know an office is closing. Here's a good question. If the office closes and people are relocated and they fill an EO vacancy, do they start at the bottom of the pay scale? Or am I misunderstanding the language in the T/A? If the answer is yes, then some may want to reconsider their position in this issue. And if my perception is correct, this one thing will be what the company is striving for in closing an office and having ready reserves. Please ask your union reps about any concerns before you vote.

This TA to some smells like roses but, take a deeper whiff and you will definately recognize the smell of "poop". I know I smell a rat here!

Just a bit of information..........

Unemployment is not applicable if taking a buy out. You are electing to leave the company on a volunteer basis with certain incentives. It would almost be like me quiting a job and going to the unemployment office and saying I wanted UC because I didn't like my company anymore and decided to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back