Tired of apologizing/ Curtians

----------------
On 6/8/2003 8:53:55 AM tug_slug wrote:

Dea,
We''ve been told by management that the only way were going to get the help we need is by customer complaints.

----------------​

Just which complaints will warrant the extra attention? The vocal type that they can "hear" or those loud resounding voices made with the dollar bill spent elsewhere?

Are you certain that they even want this puppy to survive? I''ve been getting the overall impression lately that they''re not only conducting the grand demise, they''re enjoying the slow, methodical implosion.

----------------
On 6/8/2003 8:53:55 AM tug_slug wrote:

Dea,

We''ve been told by management that the only way were going to get the help we need is by customer complaints.

----------------​

It amazes me that the crew at Fort Fumble is allowed to play with other people''s money with statements like these.

The resounding "complaint" that US upper management is going to hear, the ONLY thing they are going to hear with an attitude like that is the "cha-ching" into the DAL, AA, LUV, etc coffers as people shift their business elsewhere.

----------------
On 6/7/2003 4:02:47 PM TailSpin wrote:

Tay,

I am also saddened by what this company has become. I work in customer service and I spend the majority of the day apologizing for management’s decisions. Our management is the "dullest and the dumbest" in the industry. The only thing they have gotten right is that they know they can depend on the pride of the workforce to keep our customers coming back. I use to think that we would never give up no matter how bad our environment got. Now I believe we have finally reached our breaking point. Morale is at an all-time low and we are now going sideways. We can only hope that they leave soon and we can get a real, honest airline management team. (Excuse the oxymoron)

----------------​
Yes its all VERY VERY SAD. Filthy dirty airplanes, embarrassing service in F/C. Now shuttle a/c..airbuses ,being taken off to fly long haul and carribean expansion-while thats great, they''ve chosen to replace them with those old beat up nasty 737''s --u wanna talk nasty,!!!!! flithy, jammed cattle car.. Did anyone in our brillant marketing take a look at what Delta''s doing on shuttle..took 737-300''s out of the desert and totally reburbishing..new leather seats...computer adaptor ready seats....new overhead-large bins...and what does AGONY airlines do...take the bottom of barrell of the fleet and put it in BOS-LGA..LGA-DCA, DCA-BOS....where the average traveller isnt buying highly discounted seats.. But we are running 767''s and 757''s to MCO...the lowest yield in the USA..and full of very VERY low rent pax.s...Once again we''ve(MGMT) has screwed up...small town airline who cant EVER compete with the big boys or the low fare pack...VERY sad day...I too am working to get out..2 more years and finish 25 years..finishing grad school and then hoping to get the HELL OUT!!! Thought i''d never say it and mean it...this is ariline is a mess and NO ONE can or cares to fix it..... Always thought id retire from US-used to be so proud to say i work for them..now i dont even mention i work for an airline...;(

I dont believe that complaints sent to CCY or Consumer Affairs are reported on the DOT Stats. Only complaints filed with the DOT directly are counted. The manager wants them sent to him so he can "take care of them" for the same reason CA/CCY wants them sent to US and not the DOT. At least with complaints sent to CA, they are tracked and if a trend is there, they "might" be taken care of, while if they are sent to the station, they''ll get taken care of this time, until they happen again instead of being corrected properly.

----------------
On 6/7/2003 10:18:58 PM Hello Newman wrote:

In Customer Service, the rule is to NEVER refer an
unhappy psgr to Consumer Affairs but rather handle
all complaints locally. The idea being that this way, the complaint wont''t be "charged" to the station. But I hand it out anyway. Sloppy service
will NEVER improve if complaints keep getting swept
under the rug.

----------------​

I used to the same thing in my CS days. Complaints that stay in station make the Station Manager''s stats look good, but never solve the problem. A friendly letter to CCY or to Ms. Thompson in Consumer Affairs might at least make the cry a little louder. Plus, it counts towards the FAA''s "index" and I want customers to know if we were doing a lousy job.

jon c.

----------------
On 6/8/2003 9:06:41 AM PineyBob wrote:

----------------
On 6/8/2003 8:44:10 AM REACC1 wrote:

Mr. bob said: "So C''mon over to the "Dark Side" Graduate from a rat to a cockroach."

Well, there goes our advertizing budget for this year.

----------------​
A funny but sad commentary! Maybe if they advertised they would fill up the seats where they need to be filled. Modern Companies have databases that can be mined and customers who in the past bought tickets on certain routes can be targeted when load factors on that route drop below a certain level. This can be done INDIVIDUALLY with e-mail in many cases with near ZERO incremental cost once the code is written. Think we''ll see it down to the route level? NOPE!

I think Dave Siegel still has his Bar Mitzvah money

----------------​

Yes i agree about advertisements. There are so many things that
could be done to help US grow again (like adding back flights) but nothing is being done. As long as dave continues to get nice big bonuses then yes we have the money that could be put to better use.
Do any of you remember the 3 commercials we had made back in 99/00
that were shown on every flight segment during the 10,000 annoucement.
That atleast showed some effort in getting attention.....course i realize
we were getting new airbuses and expanding at the time ,However, i
thought they were awesome. Too much is now being let go and not
enough actions are being made. I love it that how our pax load was down!!
Of course its down....we''ve cut back so much and cutting back even more
in sept. What other choice do people have but to go where their is
more flights to choose from. I think this is all part of a plan thats
been very well thought about. Wonder what old dave was thinking in the
back of his mind as he stood on stage and people cheered him on and clapped
and telling him welcome aboard??

----------------
On 6/7/2003 6:24:37 PM Pacemaker wrote:

Everyone has their own technique, but as a US Airways pilot years ago I made a personal vow to stop apologizing for things that are out of my hands, like ATC delays and thunderstorms that close the ramp and gates that are occupied. I will make a pa and state the situation and the reason but refuse to say "I''m sorry" or otherwise apologize. Try it - it''s not your fault.

----------------​

Yes, I sure wouldn''t want my he-man captain to apologize for something which might ruin an important trip. I might get the impression he caused those TBs.