Trip 61 diverts to SFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jager

Senior
Jun 26, 2008
I heard Trip 61 out of DFW diverted into SFO on I believe Aug 26..

Something about 3 non revs from TUL acting like Okies.... :wacko:

Anyone know the scoop? Inquiring minds want to know...

You mean the one where the non-rev assaults the F/A and the Platinum member gets thrown off for throwing a fit over being diverted and then arrested for battery on the gate agent? Is that the one you refer to?

Heres the scoop I got from an agent DFW

TUL Maintenence supervisor and wife D1...Wife gets drunk and decks/attacks F/A..Flight diverts to SFO.

Not sure about the PLT member hitting an agent though...

Heres the scoop I got from an agent DFW

TUL Maintenence supervisor and wife D1...Wife gets drunk and decks/attacks F/A..Flight diverts to SFO.

Not sure about the PLT member hitting an agent though...

According to my sources at SFO, the PLT member threw another fit in the terminal and and put his hands on the agent, all witnessed by SFO's finest who hauled him away. The non-rev kicked the F/A in the gut after being handcuffed to the seat by the airmarshal onboard. That's the story I got.

This comes from one of the f/a's working in the f/c cabin where this happened.

The psgr was seated in 2G and only had a couple of glasses of wine. She started to get very loud, yelling at
the crew and other psgrs. After the first service was over she was walking around f/c and still yelling, the Purser tried
to get her back in her seat and that's when she HIT (not kicked) him.
The Captain and F/O were on their crew rest break, seated in f/c and came to aid the purser who used the
flex cuffs on the lady. There wasn't any FAM's on board.
The a/c was about an hour from SFO when it turned around.
The PLT member was a pain in the a** but he was not removed in SFO as was stated.
Only a guess here but the crew thinks that the lady took some kind of meds, probably Ambien.
Another note, the husband didn't do anything to calm his wife down.

This comes from one of the f/a's working in the f/c cabin where this happened.

The psgr was seated in 2G and only had a couple of glasses of wine.

Ah, but there's the rub. You know what the passenger had on the plane. What you don't know is how much they consumed in the bar prior to boarding. (And, as a flight attendant who works F/C a lot, this is becoming an increasing problem on a number of flights. I recently had a passenger who had one drink after takeoff, and when he tried to order a second drink he was slurring so badly that at first I thought he was ill--like a stroke.) Unless this was a case of alcohol/drug interaction (which does not excuse her behavior), I'm betting she started celebrating her trip long before she boarded.

After all, they probably had their first flight of the day from TUL to DFW. There's a couple of cocktails right there. And, since flights from TUL to DFW are always full, they probably listed for 1st flight of the day to make sure they would get to DFW in time for the NRT departure. If they made it on the first flight, that's a long time to sit in DFW. Ample opportunity to imbibe more liquid courage.

... snip

The psgr was seated in 2G and only had a couple of glasses of wine.

Well - there's your problem.

Everytime I ever drank any wine (or Jack Daniels), I wanted to screw up something ...

Ah, but there's the rub. You know what the passenger had on the plane. What you don't know is how much they consumed in the bar prior to boarding. (And, as a flight attendant who works F/C a lot, this is becoming an increasing problem on a number of flights. I recently had a passenger who had one drink after takeoff, and when he tried to order a second drink he was slurring so badly that at first I thought he was ill--like a stroke.) Unless this was a case of alcohol/drug interaction (which does not excuse her behavior), I'm betting she started celebrating her trip long before she boarded.

That's why I could never be an FA and tip my hat to those who are.

Status
Not open for further replies.