Trip Report

Phoenix

Veteran
Apr 16, 2003
Visit site
Flew company business from south to north and back last week on a non-stop.

Items of note:

1. It operated pretty close to on time. Both flights were the last one of the day so the crew had to get to the hotel. B)
2. I felt assaulted by advertising.
3. The "cranium" questions haven't changed in who knows how long.
4. The pilots were the first ones off the plane. It felt so unfair having the FAs be the only ones saying good bye.
5. Each flight was FULL.
6. The planes were filthy.
7. The snack pack I bought from the FAs had the seal broken and some of the snack items were missing.
8. And to top it off, I had to look at a pic of Chugalug Doug next to his little letter in the magazine telling us how the antiquated air traffic system is causing delays. What a false complaint and distraction from reality.
WTF DOUG. Air traffic isn't the reason USAir is at the bottom of every list.

<SNIP> 8. And to top it off, I had to look at a pic of Chugalug Doug next to his little letter in the magazine telling us how the antiquated air traffic system is causing delays.
Doug is just spewing the Air Transport Association party line.

The ATA actually paid money for this video. They love to trash corporate jets but never mention how the rest of GA will be affected.

Actually, I believe ATA has changed its stance. They have advocated a new ticket tax, which changes the formula by which taxes are calculated.

Also FWIW, in CO's magazine this month, a REAL leader (Larry Kellner, also speaks about ATC, but he says the corporate jets should be charged, and NOT piston airplanes or private small craft. This might be due to AOPA's objection to user fees (I am a member of AOPA).

That said, it's interesting how they blame everything and everyone but themselves.

Oh-I write this from the President's Club in SEA.

My best to you all....

It is not the pilot's job to be on the plane at offloading. The flight attendants are there to evacuate only and saying good-bye is a side issue. Don't be offended or feel anything with this company...remember, you get what you pay for.

Items of note:
7. The snack pack I bought from the FAs had the seal broken and some of the snack items were missing.

sky high states: Tacky. The FUN/SKY BOX? Strange, an F/A wouldnt catch that, it being unsealed and it's weight difference.
any apology?

only stating opinions

It is not the pilot's job to be on the plane at offloading. The flight attendants are there to evacuate only and saying good-bye is a side issue. Don't be offended or feel anything with this company...remember, you get what you pay for.

I am a little familiar with what the USAir pilot's job is. B) :lol: And they did their whole job exceedingly well!

I think when a turbine is operating (APU) someone "qualified" to operate that piece of equipment needs to be "in the near vicinity". It could be a mechanic. Since US has cut so many mechanic positions, that would leave the pilots.

Of course that FAR could now be changed........................

Items of note:

1. It operated pretty close to on time. Both flights were the last one of the day so the crew had to get to the hotel. B)
4. The pilots were the first ones off the plane. It felt so unfair having the FAs be the only ones saying good bye.
5. Each flight was FULL.
8. And to top it off, I had to look at a pic of Chugalug Doug next to his little letter in the magazine telling us how the antiquated air traffic system is causing delays. What a false complaint and distraction from reality.

Capt, I wanna party with you. Why does this eastie just love that "please, give me a f :censored: break" look? You are the West voice of reason...the west BoeingBoy. I love you, man!! :up: :up:

I think when a turbine is operating (APU) someone "qualified" to operate that piece of equipment needs to be "in the near vicinity". It could be a mechanic. Since US has cut so many mechanic positions, that would leave the pilots.

Of course that FAR could now be changed........................
That includes ramp agents now that maintenance has given that up too.

Items of note:

5. Each flight was FULL.
Nobody cares just send the customer on their WAY...........NO MORE NO LESS
STOP TRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ramp is qualified, at East we had 33 mtc stations and flew into almost 100 mainline stations, rampers are qualified at most stations.

And it is not a contractual item crushed, it is not in the scope language of the M&R CBA.

It is permissable to leave a bus APU running. It's logic circuits will shut it down, automatically fight the fire and sound an alarm if fire is detected.

That's great. All the APU then has to do is "work right" via shutting itself down. Ummm...it's been my sad experience that little things like actual fires sometimes get in the way of things "working right" though. :lol:

Latest posts