Trip Report

genejockey

Advanced
Aug 22, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I prepared my self for a long flight and some much needed rest. When I boarded the plane in Salisbury, MD, I thought something was peculiar because the plane was extremely small compared to what I am accustomed to for a trip of this length. When I was informed that there was no meal service OR drink service, I was not only surprised, I was very agitated! No, on second thought, I was down right furious! A $49 round trip ticket to Capetown and no service! Completely obsurd!

This had the makings to be a very painful flight. Thank goodness I had stashed away several pints of Jack Daniels in my carry on. Oh, & by the way, the FA was very nasty. He/She (I could not honestly tell which?) kept mumbling something about paycuts and working conditions, and how overpaid the pilots were... wah... wah... wah, blah...blah...blah. It said something derogatory about a boner or something also....There was only so much of this that I could stand to listen to.

Anyway, the seats on the plane were extrmely narrow, badly stained, and smelled of yuky sour milk. Where have I heard this before? Moreover, the wall panels, the carpeting, and the overheads were also badly stained and desperately needed replacement.

It seemed as if we just took off when the Captain made an annoucement that we were on approach, and we have received clearance for landing. I thought to myself aloud, "WTF?". "Do we have a mechanical or something?" Then he made one additional announcement that clarified everything.....Welcome to Cape May, hope you enjoyed the flight. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

genejockey said:
I prepared my self for a long flight and some much needed rest. When I boarded the plane in Salisbury, MD, I thought something was peculiar because the plane was extremely small compared to what I am accustomed to for a trip of this length. When I was informed that there was no meal service OR drink service, I was not only surprised, I was very agitated! No, on second thought, I was down right furious! A $49 round trip ticket to Capetown and no service! Completely obsurd!

This had the makings to be a very painful flight. Thank goodness I had stashed away several pints of Jack Daniels in my carry on. Oh, & by the way, the FA was very nasty. He/She (I could not honestly tell which?) kept mumbling something about paycuts and working conditions, and how overpaid the pilots were... wah... wah... wah, blah...blah...blah. It said something derogatory about a boner or something also....There was only so much of this that I could stand to listen to.

Anyway, the seats on the plane were extrmely narrow, badly stained, and smelled of yuky sour milk. Where have I heard this before? Moreover, the wall panels, the carpeting, and the overheads were also badly stained and desperately needed replacement.

It seemed as if we just took off when the Captain made an annoucement that we were on approach, and we have received clearance for landing. I thought to myself aloud, "WTF?". "Do we have a mechanical or something?" Then he made one additional announcement that clarified everything.....Welcome to Cape May, hope you enjoyed the flight. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
[post="240732"][/post]​

You forgot to mention your bags sat on the ramp in Salisbury for 3 days and were routed through MGM before getting to you.

Mtnman

Latest posts