Trip Report

That's great. All the APU then has to do is "work right" via shutting itself down. Ummm...it's been my sad experience that little things like actual fires sometimes get in the way of things "working right" though. :lol:

Just telling you what the feds have approved as standard ops. If your next flight is leaving in 45 min you leave and if there is no gate power you leave the APU running.

Just telling you what the feds have approved as standard ops. If your next flight is leaving in 45 min you leave and if there is no gate power you leave the APU running.

Understood. I've just never been happy with any turbines turning without someone around to toss up a bucket brigade though.

Understood. I've just never been happy with any turbines turning without someone around to toss up a bucket brigade though.

Hey we break rules all the time. On the 73 you could mel the frequency meter on the elec panel. It was pointed out to me once that this guage was the only way to ascertain the turbine speed of the APU. There is a FAR requirement for an rpm guage for any turbine engine.

Hey we break rules all the time. On the 73 you could mel the frequency meter on the elec panel. It was pointed out to me once that this guage was the only way to ascertain the turbine speed of the APU. There is a FAR requirement for an rpm guage for any turbine engine.
=========================================================
Recheck those ground school notes, mate.

The overspeed circuit is what tells the 737 ape to shut down. It is tested during each shutdown of the unit. If the self test fails, light comes on, no ape.

Sorry if your ground school instructors didn't tell you about that.

GS/sim/examiner, yada yada, yada.

=========================================================
Recheck those ground school notes, mate.

The overspeed circuit is what tells the 737 ape to shut down. It is tested during each shutdown of the unit. If the self test fails, light comes on, no ape.

Sorry if your ground school instructors didn't tell you about that.

GS/sim/examiner, yada yada, yada.

Learn how to read, mate.

The auto-shutdown/auto-firefight feature I discussed is on the AIRBUS.

I was discussing the lack of a tach for the 737 APU. The freq meter serves this function.

FAR 91.205 B. 4. Tachometer for each engine.

That's great. All the APU then has to do is "work right" via shutting itself down. Ummm...it's been my sad experience that little things like actual fires sometimes get in the way of things "working right" though. :lol:

So let me get this straight.

You remain on board the aircraft until the last passenger is deplaned, then wait for the oncoming cockpit crew on each and every flight where the APU remains running?

By your logic, the airplane should never remain unattended. As long as any electrical busses are powered, either by APU or EXT there is always the possibilty that any electrical component could me problematic.

Latest posts