True or False 777 B-CK leaving DFW going to MIA?

Goey

Advanced
Aug 19, 2010
I heard the 777 B-CK is moving from DFW to MIA. Possible layoffs in DFW and no increase in headcount in MIA. Does anyone have any information on this topic?
Steve Goeyvaerts

Goey said:
I heard the 777 B-CK is moving from DFW to MIA. Possible layoffs in DFW and no increase in headcount in MIA. Does anyone have any information on this topic?
Steve Goeyvaerts

Don't you work for the local?

What does that matter but if you really must know I'm a true blonde.No I am no longer an officer of a local because that local no longer exists. But even when I was an officer I always thought for myself and felt that the TWU was and is a piss poor excuse for a union. And before you ask the question here is the answer I was an officer so I could help members who needed it and try to give the members unbiased information. Also I have always supported the AMFA movement going back to 1989. I have a question for you why do you hide behind an alias and spread disinformation?
Steve Goeyvaerts

Reactions: 5 people
Goey said:
What does that matter but if you really must know I'm a true blonde.No I am no longer an officer of a local because that local no longer exists. But even when I was an officer I always thought for myself and felt that the TWU was and is a piss poor excuse for a union. And before you ask the question here is the answer I was an officer so I could help members who needed it and try to give the members unbiased information. Also I have always supported the AMFA movement going back to 1989. I have a question for you why do you hide behind an alias and spread disinformation?
Steve Goeyvaerts

The people who claim I spread misinformation are the same ones who claimed if we keep voting down TA's they will get better and that BK was just a threat. If you voted in the 2010 TA you would be making what United now has at SFO four years ago. But under your leadership you advised members to vote no along with your hero JR right?

As a member call your VP JR and ask him. The loacl should have all the facts.

I`m at DWH. That's the word we are hearing. 777 B check to MIA. I have not heard anything about a RIF though.

Goey said:
Steve Goeyvaerts
Sounds like a rumor. How can you move a wide body B check to another station and not add heads? Unless the other station is losing work to accommodate the B check. As far as a RIF in DFW? Yea Really come on are you kidding.

The question of any "B" check coming to MIA has been asked and from what I was told that NO decision has been made YET.

We are now Doing a 777 "I" check, 

There has been NO talk about our 767 "B" check going away so if we get any type of "B" check the staffing here in MIA will have to go up. It's all been rumors.

MIA is not looking to steal any work as some will say. Miami as a station is growing and will become a bigger part in the MX of AA's aircraft due to weather and location to the overseas markets.

Our bid got extended one month and the new bid will be posted soon then we will have an idea if any future staffing is going to happen.

Update: I heard about 70 layoffs at DFW and no increase in head count in MIA. Can you say do more with less.
And for you Mr. Overspeed I have never been influenced by someone else's opinion or misinformation, I am not a lemming. Also JR is not my hero the only hero's I have are my parents. Steve Goeyvaerts

Reactions: 5 people
unforunate if the layoffs do occur in dfw but there appears to be no desire by anyone to fix the B check by management or the troops. its got to the point that noone cares one way or other. this new manager in dfw is just like the last one and the one before that inept and clueless.

Reactions: 1 person
Where a b check is done has nothing to do with the union, but everything to do with where can a plane sit overnight as part of the schedule.

Reactions: 2 people
Goey said:
Update: I heard about 70 layoffs at DFW and no increase in head count in MIA. Can you say do more with less.

Speculation, but if it's true, I wonder how many of the DFW B-Checkers are going to be part of the 70 layoffs? I'd guess it will be many more line guys and junk crew that get taken out, with the B-Check seniority filling those slots. Sounds like a recipe for chaos and disorder, just what mtx doesn't need more of. Oh well, I do like that I will be able to wear new uniform shorts in MIA.

Duke787 said:
Where a b check is done has nothing to do with the union, but everything to do with where can a plane sit overnight as part of the schedule.

True and since AA flies to a lot of places, mgmt can move it away from the labor unrest.

Latest posts