Tsa And The Nyt Crossword Puzzle.

Secretly accused without the right to face ones accuser, found guilty without trial, notations made in secret files with no recourse on the part of the accused...

It's interesting that to make ourselves feel safe we have created a world where Franz Kafka would feel right at home.

Thanks Georgie!

Turns out the Bill of Rights was just a Liberal plot! Who knew?

Apparently the concept of 'Innocent until proven Guilty' has been discovered to be yet another Liberal plot.

NWA/AMT said:
Apparently the concept of 'Innocent until proven Guilty' has been discovered to be yet another Liberal plot.
Actually, when that notion was first put into practice, it WAS liberal thinking.

delldude said:
would have been more fun if he was toting C4?? :lol:
then it wouldn't have been enough security. <_<
'dude, please say you're kidding.

A guy who doesn't fit the profile (this independent thinker is FOR scrutinizing Arabs, particularly those from Saudi Arabia, Irag, Iran, Syria, etc.), with a background that a moron could verify, and went thru the TSA screening to board the a/c to start with? While I have some sympathy with the initial panic (I like the idea passengers are prepared to defend themselves), once the bona fides were established, this deal should have been OVER.

Now on the Homeland list?

Well, facism was referred to as corporatism by its promoters

http://www.promethea.org/Misc_Compositions...sm/Fascism.html

Are your papers in order?

Ve hav vays uff making you talk!

diogenes said:
Actually, when that notion was first put into practice, it WAS liberal thinking.
That's kind of where I was headed with that. Apparently things have come full circle and the concept of 'innocent until proven guilty' is (solely) Liberal thinking once again. since it seems our resident neocons feel accusation equals guilt and want no part of that messy 'due process' business.

Looks like George Orwell was only off by twenty years or so when he wrote '1984'. He would have appreciated the irony of seeing a politician taking civil liberties back to the medieval days while standing in front of a sign that says 'Protecting America', or a writer being found guilty of 'thoughtcrime'.

Back