TUL DOCK 1D 7 DAY COVERAGE

Buck

Veteran
Contributor
Aug 20, 2002
TUL Dock 1D is continuing their rescheduling to 24/7 F/S , S/M off without 7 day notice. The company is issuing 514's tomorrow and.the new schedule starts Saturday. I understand that the company will pay those effected the first day at 1.5x.

There is a meeting at Local 514 tomorrow morning with the manager of the 737 group and someone from HR. The meeting may be about the whole program?

There is a meeting at Local 514 tomorrow morning with the manager of the 737 group and someone from HR. The meeting may be about the whole program?
Why are they pushing the issue now as opposed to waiting for a new CBA that gives unlimited base adjustments?

TUL Dock 1D is continuing their rescheduling to 24/7 F/S , S/M off without 7 day notice. The company is issuing 514's tomorrow and.the new schedule starts Saturday. I understand that the company will pay those effected the first day at 1.5x.

541's not 514's i know details lol

Didn't that dock start out as a 7 day line doing retro mods in 2A before they moved to 1D?
Didn't crew and Manager make a deal to work a 5 day schedule with weekend OT if they got planes out on time?
Weren't most if not all planes late, so manager called the deal off, and put the dock back on 7 day?
Are you putting planes out on schedule now?

Didn't that dock start out as a 7 day line doing retro mods in 2A before they moved to 1D?
Didn't crew and Manager make a deal to work a 5 day schedule with weekend OT if they got planes out on time?
Weren't most if not all planes late, so manager called the deal off, and put the dock back on 7 day?
Are you putting planes out on schedule now?
I was still on 3D when the move took place.

Before the 5/8 weekend OT deal, the dock went through a full blown 7 day, with rotating days off. We were working Retro's with the original crew and everyone who could leave, did so. The dock was getting checks accomplished very close and in some cases earlier. Those that had received their bids were held due to management not releasing them. Moral was very low. On top of the regular check, Retro was added. Once you open a Retro up, if a heavy has not been accomplished the aft cabin floor was rotted. I won't go into numbers, but the cost went up. So on top of moral excess corrosion and it being a new dock, eventually it became worse. Then as those bids were released, and the undermanning because no one would bid in, check times became worse, while we were held to the original standard. Crew Chiefs became tired of the meetings and boardwalks. Then as the new inexperienced people arrived and we were changed to a 5/8 M-F, S/S OFF with OT expected. As for now, we are no longer ding Retros and we are on our first Heavy 2. So in the middle of the check management decides to go to a FS/SM off, without contractual notice. Although they will pay 1.5x for any violation. We will learn more today.

As expected 541's were issued today. 7 Day / FS/SM. With the company paying any penalty.

As expected 541's were issued today. 7 Day / FS/SM. With the company paying any penalty.
From what I hear the crew is not very happy with this arrangement. At this point what do you do, prove to the compAAny it can work or shut it down? There are some new hires on 1D that may just say screw it.

From what I hear the crew is not very happy with this arrangement. At this point what do you do, prove to the compAAny it can work or shut it down? There are some new hires on 1D that may just say screw it.
I have to agree. Not very happy. Making it work is of course is the goal. The hangar manager is attempting to sell his product to the VP of Maintenance so the 737 can remain in TUL.

On another issue, 2D is being disbanded and being discourse to HGR 80 and HGR 6.

I have to agree. Not very happy. Making it work is of course is the goal. The hangar manager is attempting to sell his product to the VP of Maintenance so the 737 can remain in TUL.
Hasn't that been the goal for the last 6 months to no avail? When do they cut their losses?

The only bad thing about shutting it down is, it gives the company fuel to outsource the 737.

On another issue, 2D is being disbanded and being discourse to HGR 80 and HGR 6.

How many people on 2D? It's not a very big crew is it?

Back