Tulsa MD-80 "Pulse Line" Frozen

But wait just a minute jetmechjer,

We gave up massive concessions to "SAVE JOBS".

You surely are not claiming that through attrition AA is getting the jobs along with the concessions.

Say it AIN'T so!!!! :shock:

<_< If the "Pulse Line" fails, I believe the next step you'll like even better!----- MSG3!!!! :shock: And I know there are a those out there that know what I'm talking about!

<_< If the "Pulse Line" fails, I believe the next step you'll like even better!----- MSG3!!!! :shock: And I know there are a those out there that know what I'm talking about!

FEAR Worship

FEAR Monger

FEAR Propagation

We have nothing to FEAR, but FEAR itself.

Sometimes, I really wonder who's side you are on.

Same thing is happening here in DFW.
Every new bid we lose slots on the line and everyone complains for a week or two and then forgets. Same thing next bid, we are losing 7 to Love Field and guess where they take them from? Yep days and afternoon line. We have guys on midnights that used to be able to work days.
They keep telling us what a great job we are doing.
We are number one in on time, number one in getting aircraft back in service and believe it or not we are told we are the lowest by far in sick time!!!
SO HOW DO THEY THANK US? BY CUTTING HEADS EVERY BID!!
Latest rumor is that we are losing 20 next bid!
I think what happened on the pulse line will soon be happening here in DFW. I believe all of days and afternoons and most of midnights have finally had enough................stay tuned....the turd is in mid air and heading for the fan which just happens be on high!!!
:blink: :blink: :blink: :eek: :( :down:

ALL THAT FOR 17.5 PERCENT LESS

You work harder so we dont have to :up:

Keep up the good work it will be reflected in your next paycheck and the one after that and the one after that and so on and so on :D

===========================================================

MCI,

I'm gonna ask you to "spell it out", meaning the contents of this post.

TWU informer's response to you, has me a bit puzzled ??

Thanx,

NH/BB's

MCI,

I'm gonna ask you to "spell it out", meaning the contents of this post.

TWU informer's response to you, has me a bit puzzled ??

Thanx,

NH/BB's
<_< NH/BB's----I believe informer is more upset at the reference of a Pulse Line failure than MSG3. But like yourself, who knows what go's on in the his mind? The MSG3 program is a maintenance program that looks at things a little differently than the "time controlled" program does. It's main philosophy is, "if it's not broke, don't fix it!" aa will tell you they already are on an MSG3 program. They are, but not to the extent that TWA was. Example: When a 767 "C" chk comes in, one of the things aa wants us to do is change out four different pneumatic valves. Even though there is nothing wrong with them, and there is no history of problems. They were in the aircraft "X" amount of hours, so they are slated to be changed. Frequently the valves we put back on the aircraft don't work as well, or not at all! Or by breaking into the particular system, it creates problems that weren't there originally.This may be an over simplistic description of the program, but the bottom line is less expense for parts, and less "Man-hours" on any given "C" Ch, without compromising safety! TWA tracked the history of a major portion of it's rotable parts and found the old conclusion that a curtain part only had a curtain life expectancy was inaccurate. And sometimes that parts were lasting two, three times longer than times assigned to change them! I personally don't know if I agree with it, but the end result is a faster turn time, with less people!!!

MCI

That's not a maintenance program, that's called neglect. Unfortunately, the old TWA management regime that has made its way into AA management are pushing for that type of program and the out of service during the middle of the day aircrafts are increasing.

<_< NH/BB's----I believe informer is more upset at the reference of a Pulse Line failure than MSG3. But like yourself, who knows what go's on in the his mind? The MSG3 program is a maintenance program that looks at things a little differently than the "time controlled" program does. It's main philosophy is, "if it's not broke, don't fix it!" aa will tell you they already are on an MSG3 program. They are, but not to the extent that TWA was. Example: When a 767 "C" chk comes in, one of the things aa wants us to do is change out four different pneumatic valves. Even though there is nothing wrong with them, and there is no history of problems. They were in the aircraft "X" amount of hours, so they are slated to be changed. Frequently the valves we put back on the aircraft don't work as well, or not at all! Or by breaking into the particular system, it creates problems that weren't there originally.This may be an over simplistic description of the program, but the bottom line is less expense for parts, and less "Man-hours" on any given "C" Ch, without compromising safety! TWA tracked the history of a major portion of it's rotable parts and found the old conclusion that a curtain part only had a curtain life expectancy was inaccurate. And sometimes that parts were lasting two, three times longer than times assigned to change them! I personally don't know if I agree with it, but the end result is a faster turn time, with less people!!!

"Such wisdom not is the msg3 program, young Skywalker."

Greg Hall started the No Check check on the line. We use to have an RON Inspection called the PS with an 0912 Card. This was a basic inspection but covered things that should be looked at. Example, hydraulics, strut wiping, engine oil servicing, O2 check, etc. But this inspection was removed and replaced with NO CHECK! We simply got the logbook and worked any deferred/open items. Forget a walk around to look for leaks and such.

We took NEEDLESS delays. I wrote letters to the powers to be and was informed that this "new" process was looked at by many people. And basically, get back to the ant hill and be quite. Our old Manager, who just retired, told me that the time we save by not wiping struts, hydraulics, etc. could be applied to troubleshooting. I know for a fact we cancelled our JFK flight, and others because of items that would have bben caught had we been doing our job.

Well, the No Check has been replaced by the 0922 card.

<_< Ken--- Not quite the same thing! MSG3 is not a "NO CHECK" program! Maybe the example I used wasn't the best in the world. How about Strut seals? Do you feel seals should be changed on a time bases? Or on condition? I could make a legitimate argument for either way! ;) And that's my point! There are hundreds of such parts that have proven their reliability to the point that to change them just because they have been in service for a limited time could be questioned. And I did say I don't nessaraly agree with it! But I do understand their thinking!

MCI

That's not a maintenance program, that's called neglect. Unfortunately, the old TWA management regime that has made its way into AA management are pushing for that type of program.
<_< That's exactly what I was referring to when I said this could be the way aa go's if the Pulse Line stalls!

MCI

That's not a maintenance program, that's called neglect. Unfortunately, the old TWA management regime that has made its way into AA management are pushing for that type of program and the out of service during the middle of the day aircrafts are increasing.
<_< AMFAMAN---- Does this surprise you? Do you think aa has a monopoly on incompetent managers? ;)

<_< Does this surprise you? Do you think aa has a monopoly on incompetent managers? ;)
They had a monopoly on that before the merger, now the added stupidity from the merger has brought it to a new level. The current 10% of the MD-80 fleet being OTS today is a direct result of this new layer of stupidity.

They had a monopoly on that before the merger, now the added stupidity from the merger has brought it to a new level. The current 10% of the MD-80 fleet being OTS today is a direct result of this new layer of stupidity.
<_< "Merger" is it? Now what is it? When it is convenient it's a "merger", when not, it is a "Buy out"! When there is blame to share,it's a merger! When it's all our fault, it's a "Buy-out"!! ;) Friend, the way this whole thing came down, it was no "Merger"!!!!AA consumed TWA, and spat out the bones! Now if they get a little indigestion,who's to blame??? :unsure:

<_< Ken--- Not quite the same thing! MSG3 is not a "NO CHECK" program! Maybe the example I used wasn't the best in the world. How about Strut seals? Do you feel seals should be changed on a time bases? Or on condition? I could make a legitimate argument for either way! ;) And that's my point! There are hundreds of such parts that have proven their reliability to the point that to change them just because they have been in service for a limited time could be questioned. And I did say I don't nessaraly agree with it! But I do understand their thinking!

The No Check inspection is a result of the msg3. As an example of not wiping struts this was because "they" determined that strut seals did not wear out because of dirt/grime. So it was removed. The downside effect is crappy looking struts. Which translates into a much less professionaly maintained looking a/c. Small item? Possibly for some, but not for me.
I agree with you in that the way things are done are done from people who do not work on the floor/line or if they did it has been many moons ago.

MCI,
THANX for the clarification !!!!

NH/BB's

"Such wisdom not is the msg3 program, young Skywalker."

Greg Hall started the No Check check on the line. We use to have an RON Inspection called the PS with an 0912 Card. This was a basic inspection but covered things that should be looked at. Example, hydraulics, strut wiping, engine oil servicing, O2 check, etc. But this inspection was removed and replaced with NO CHECK! We simply got the logbook and worked any deferred/open items. Forget a walk around to look for leaks and such.

We took NEEDLESS delays. I wrote letters to the powers to be and was informed that this "new" process was looked at by many people. And basically, get back to the ant hill and be quite. Our old Manager, who just retired, told me that the time we save by not wiping struts, hydraulics, etc. could be applied to troubleshooting. I know for a fact we cancelled our JFK flight, and others because of items that would have bben caught had we been doing our job.

Well, the No Check has been replaced by the 0922 card.

Ken, you should have asked your old manager how can you troubleshoot a problem you don't know exists becasue you are not doing a check on it.

Latest posts