TWAFA007 - JBLU007

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/16/2003 7:19:39 PM AAStew wrote:

...but as you said it was a purchase not a merger.
----------------
[/blockquote]

The legal definition of merger is:

[blockquote]Section 2(a). The term "merger" as used herein means joint action by the two carriers whereby they unify, consolidate, merge, or pool in whole or in part their separate airline facilities or any of the operations or services previously performed by them through such separate facilities.

Allegheny-Mohawk Merger Case, 59 C.A.B. 22 (1972)

[/blockquote]

The law makes no distinction whether the combination of airlines is achieved through a purchase or an acquisition.

Bear96,
Therein lies the problem, until the TWA merger/acquisition issue gets resolved, TWA'ers are losing their jobs left and right. With the war looming, AA will use that even further to make more cuts and even though everyone is sufffering because of it, the TWA'ers have taken the majority of the hits. Unfortunately AA did not bother to take care of these issues beforehand as Labor is always expendible.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/17/2003 1:42:12 PM AAStew wrote:

Unfortunately AA did not bother to take care of these issues beforehand as Labor is always expendible.
----------------
[/blockquote]

AA didn't bother? And to think all this time I thought the unions representing the workgroups were responsible for determining how seniority is applied...

Let's face it! Given the chance for a re-do AA would let TWA go under and not make that purchase. Of course maybe with Government bailouts and the timing, TWA would have actually survived for awhile longer.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/12/2003 11:33:10 PM JBLU007 wrote:

Well my break is over and all I can say is BUY JBLU NOW! JBLU will take over air travel as the old regimes die. As always you heard it here first.

ALOHA, JBLU007
----------------
[/blockquote]

We also heard Buy AMR! from you first.....then sell AMR...then buy AMR..and then I think, sell AMR..

eloleson,
Do you work for AA? I have been reading your posts which all seem to be very arrogany and condescending...oh right..those were the two main attibutes they look for in management.....

Sorry the word I meant up there was arrogant, but I am sure with your MBA you figured that out...

Sorry, not a MBA -- I learned how to be arrogent and condescending by being a gate agent and a high school teacher. After dealing with 15 year olds and NYC passengers, moving into management was a cake-walk.

Actually, I'm not just arrogent and condescending.

I'm royally pissed off.

Did you ever stop to think that there are people in management who do care about this company?

I do.

Did you ever stop to think that there are people in management who are fed up with how things are these days on both sides of the labor/management fence?

I passed that point a long time ago.

I want this company to succeed. I'd like to retire in about 20 years.

That's now in jeopardy because some people find it more important to complain about what a few VP's make, rather than look at why we're spending $1.20 for every $1.00 in revenue we bring in.

We're bleeding. Badly. And every day that we operate with our current cost structure brings a higher probability of our filing for bankruptcy.

It is past the time for all of us to focus on fixing the biggest problems we have, and quit whining about how Lulu got more frosting on her slice of cake even though Johnnie bought Frankie a more expensive birthday present six years ago....

I also want those who aren't committed in fixing AMR to take the path that folks like TWAF007-->JBLU007 are taking, and never come back.

Sorry if brutal honesty and frankness offended anyone, but that's what we've needed for a long time.

Enough of the kabuki dancing and window dressing already. We have a lot of work to do, and time is running out.

eolesen:

I have a question:

Since one of the reasons you learned to be arrogant was because of NYC passengers, how do you know each and every one was a NYC resident? Not all of those 15 years did you check driver's licenses. You really are arrogant to make a statement like that.

Are you disputing the fact that NYC passengers can be more demanding than anyone else? Having worked at JFK and lived on Long Island, I'll gladly argue that with you as long as you want.

People who are "nice" in NY get walked on. Attitude is a way of life, and expected. Those without it are seen as weak.

And I don't find that to be a bad quality whatsoever. I'd rather work with a bunch of NY'ers any day. At least you'd know how everyone feels about you, unlike other parts of the country where people will smile as they pull the knife out of your back.

I responded to your post which said you learned to be arrogant and condescending due to, among other things, NYC passengers. You did not say they were demanding. You were giving reasons why you were arrogant. How about the LAX passengers who all think they are all Steven Spielberg and Madonna?

I agree with you coop I am a level 3 and know more than the level 4's i report to at night and I am paid far less. You see we have men and women that take 30 years to become a 4 and then they sit there and rot and do not care about the job and or the company. They preach about the good old days and fail to see that they are a waste of time and money. We do need to stream line management.

Did you realize that some level 1/2/3 are only management so the company does not have to pay OT or let them unionize.

eoleson -

I definitely understand what you meant...hello! LGA-MIA.

Being a nice Southern girl, I was eaten alive as a gate agent on MIA-JFK. I learned from the Nuyorican I worked with. I was the best at dealing with Southern PAXS. Most of MIA is former NYC agents. I had to explain "going around your ass to get to your elbow".

Really though, this argument is superfluous considering what we are facing.

I heard that Continental has only 2 levels of management between front-line personnel and Gordo. Haven't been able to confirm that.

Sorry, we have WAY too many levels of management! I would love to have an outside consulting firm come in and do an "efficiency" report.

If you trust someone to be a level 3 manager, why do you need a level 4 Shift Manager to babysit them? I say level 3's report directly to the (now) level 5, downgraded to a 4...Head of the dept.

It would also eliminate a lot of "kiss ass, savinng my job".

Do you remember the game in grade school where you whispered something to the person next to you and by the time it reached the end of the line, it was completely different? That is my opinion of management.

I truly believe the employees of AA can save this airline. At what cost though? If I am eligible for food stamps, I will collect them! Not to mention broadcast it!

My take, if an analyst dept is finding the same problem over and over w/o a solution, they need to go.

Coop

A77...Agree totally. I did my time as a level 2. Minimum 10hr day. Would have been nice if things actually were solved. 3 years later, SSDD. I sat at my computer and killed a tree each day, wondering what the point was.

Yesterday, worked a 767 change of equipment from a 2-class to 3-class. One of my paxs lost his exit row (he was quite tall). All exits were full, put him in a middle row with an open middle seat. Checked on him constantly and apologized for the circumstances. He felt he was important. Tbat's why I love being an F/A. PROBLEM-SOLUTION. I will do the best I can.

If anyone is based in MIA, please be aware that Carty is going to be giving a "speech" at 0800, Thursday, 20Mar, only posted on JetNet this past Friday. MIA hotel (concourse E). Methinks he is scared of us. Too many ex-Eastern! Also love that Jane Allen and Dan Garton do not have a firm date for MIA yet. We are the last in line.

Let's ask him if it's true that AA holds the deed to Dolara's house...that we leased a Navigator for LeBright. What about the rumor that there was a $400,000 check for renewal of Las Colinas country club memberships in DFW?

I'm sorry, Executive Management makes enough to pay for this crap themselves.

At 22K a yr, I cannot afford a $1,000 deductible.

You are in this industry b/c you absolutely love it. If you think you can do better at Intel/Dell, buh-bye.

I truly believe that Herb and Gordon love this industry.

I love my "career", if we go under, I have enough experience to get a job at another airline. I want to stay with this one. I am pissed off that our troubles were evident as early as 2000, yet we couldn't spend money fast enough.

We went from the most conservative airline w/ money in the bank to the brink of bankruptcy.

I do blame Executive Management. My union, however,, agrees with the urgency and I believe what they say.

I will do everything in my power to save AA, I really want to see AA hire an outside efficiency firm to overlook MGT and what they do.

Not gonna happen but in an idealistic world it would.

It is ridiculous to have 1-7/8 levels of MGT in an airport.

Coop