Two Stories That May Impact The Future Of U

Bronner is probably taking what $$$ is left and getting out.

Unless all the Star Carriers are on Amadeus, I wouldn't make much of that story.

Bronner wrote off his investment in our airline last year.

The new investors have edged him out and he is just a name in hx for our airline as a notorious union busting, pension dumping, job stealing, loud mouth tycoon PHDer who bit the dust on this one investment, and as he had put it last year, "the loss was <1% of the retirement pension fund for his Alabamers.

And out the door you go.... B)

Bronner is a man who lost a couple hundred million dollars of school teachers' retirement money saving our company from liquidation. That was not his motivation but that's what happened. Nobody else was going to do it.

I'm sorry some people at this company are too belligerent or uninformed to see that.

Thank you Mr. Bronner for saving most of our jobs.

Jake,

HE WOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN ONE STINKING DIME IF LABOR DID NOT UP THE GIVE-BACK POT. HE GAVE HIS $240m WHEN CONCESSION #1 FROM LABOR CAME IN AUGUST FROM ALL THE LABOR GROUPS...TO THE TUNE OF $1 BILLION ALONG WITH THE $1 B FROM THE ATSB AND A BK UNDER HIS BELT.

THEN THAT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE BONEHEAD-PENSION GUY, HE HAD TO GO AFTER CONCESSION #2 WITHIN 3 MONTHS AND DUMP THE PILOTS PENSIONS ALL UNDER THE THREAT OF LIQUIDATION BY DEC. 20, 2002 AT 6 PM.

I remember; you forgot, or your too occupied playing golf.

And one more thing...he used our a/c TV monitors to advertise Alabama hometown golfing resorts. So, for $240 million he had ownership in an airline, his pension folks got to fly on discount fares, and free advertising daily 365 days a year for 3 years on every flight every a/c all day long to millions and millions of the traveling public who had no choice but to look at the monitor.

No. He wasn't out to save your job, but to capitlize on owning an airline and getting his name in national news. I met him personally, and found his arrogance obnoxious.

PITbull said:
No. He wasn't out to save your job, but to capitlize on owning an airline and getting his name in national news. I met him personally, and found his arrogance obnoxious.

You are way off base. Dr. Bronner is the only investor willing to take a chance with our airline. You wouldn't still be employed right now if he didn't invest in our company. He is a class act. Doug Parker should be thankful that he won't have to deal with you.

Zeus,

And he won't have to deal with you either! :p :lol: :lol:

However, I may be gone from your existence, but I will be around the corner....

Love ya, big daddy...mean it! ;)

Zeus said:
You are way off base. Dr. Bronner is the only investor willing to take a chance with our airline. You wouldn't still be employed right now if he didn't invest in our company. He is a class act. Doug Parker should be thankful that he won't have to deal with you.
[post="298319"][/post]​

As I recall Texas Pacific Group---an employee friendly investment group was out bid by Bonner!

Then the Alabama guru stuck it up are arse!

Bronner's game is to buy cheap and sell big. He got into something he didn't understand, and while he was nominally in charge, he never missed an opportuniy to say something unhelpful at just the wrong moment. Lakefield is your hero. A member of Bronner's board, he cut the deal that saved the company, and probably got more satisfaction than money. A professional Investment Banker, he got the best deal he could. His weakness was a lack of understanding of the industry, and thus the need to depend on what guys like Baldanza told him. I expect the relative silence about the most recent operating losses is indicative of what a surprise they were. I doubt the sale and leaseback of the 330's was something they had planned. Observant travelers will note a major absence of higher yield customers, and presumably, AWA is finally figuring out how bad things have gotten. Thus, the separation of the work forces, advise to customers to establish separate DM and Flight Fund accounts, with a cryptic, but non-specific reference to "merging" accounts sometime in 2006. The overweight lady hasn't sung yet, on this one, but if there is somebody to thank for at least getting to this point, I think it's Lakefield.

Zeus said:
[post="298319"][/post]​

No, he managed to drive a group who might have saved U off (TPG) and lost 250 million and change in the process. U was subsequently bought by (drumroll...............) a TPG run airline--whose management have been given the reins. You, OTOH, have been sent packing.

So, in short, Bronner delayed the inevitable outcome, and cost the retirees of Alabama 250+ million in the process.

What a bright guy that Bronner is. Bonderman has to be laughing his ### off at Bronner, and the foolish crowd at CCY. Based on him giving virtually all of CCY the boot and putting Parker in the driver's seat, it's likely Bronner's investment actually saved the jobs of the "talent" at CCY moreso than the rank and file.

Keep 'em up. I enjoy a nice laugh to start the weekend. :lol:

PITBULL said

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PITBULL

Saving our jobs was not his motivation but that is what he did.

You don't build a $25 billion pension fund making investment decisions based on ego or arrogance.

He thought he could make money on US and he was wrong. A smarter man than him, Warren Buffett also made the mistake of investing in US.

Your arrogance is quite disturbing.

No Jake.

Most capitalists make money, lots of money, on ego, arrogance and someone else's back.

His intentions were no different when he permitted the dumping of all our pensions to save his lousy $250m investment.

He makes money for his pension holders; we happened to be on the other end of his zeal to capitalize on U strictly on Labor's back.

And the new investors will be no different.

No sir, he did not save my job. Labor saved my job, and Lakefield admits that if it wasn't for the sacrifice from Labor, there would be NO airline. Without Labor, there would be NO investor or investor money. That's where I have my allegiance.

I'm not blind, dumb and stupid, refuse to look the other way. I'm not that hungry. Just happened to be up close and personal to this ordeal, front row seat, first chair.

I think traderjake & Zues have their heads buried in the sand.

They both are out of a job soon. YEAH!!!

Make sure you visit Bronner and beg for a job. I hear he's hiring custodians to clean his office. I'm sure you can live on minimum wage after hoarding all the money you sucked out of USAIRWAYS over the years.

Your customers won't miss you.

Zeus said:
[post="298319"][/post]​
Guess you forgot about the original deal with Texas Pacific Group, you know Dave Siegel's Buddy Bonderman?

See they stepped up first till ole doc bronner figured out he was going to take a bath on leases.

Gee, figured you would know the facts.

Latest posts