Twu Double Crossed

proAMFA

Senior
Sep 28, 2003
When the company inflated the class and craft list with over 2,600 names the TWU was elated. Now it would be harder for AMFA to get their election.

AMFA is having to go through the list and find out whether each and every name on the list is or is not a valid member of the class and craft.

What the TWU failed to recognize is that they are being double-crossed by the company. If AMFA fails to disprove a significant amount of names, or chooses not to, than many more union votes will be required to keep the workforce unionized.

We will have to have over 9,300 union votes to remain unionized.

The company tactic is win-win. Best case scenario-names remain on the list and there isn’t greater than 50% vote participation. The members are then stripped of union representation. Good scenario-company gets to keep docile union that is “onboardâ€￾ to their wims and cost-cutting plans at the workers expense.

Considering what is at stake the TWU should be fuming over the enlarged list. Many of the illustrious 2,600 do not have current mailing addresses and/or are no longer part of the company. They will either not receive the ballot or not be concerned enough to vote for one or the other union since the issue doesn't involve them.

Shouldn’t the TWU be concerned rather than happy the company inflated the list?

proAMFA said:
When the company inflated the class and craft list with over 2,600 names the TWU was elated. Now it would be harder for AMFA to get their election.

AMFA is having to go through the list and find out whether each and every name on the list is or is not a valid member of the class and craft.

What the TWU failed to recognize is that they are being double-crossed by the company. If AMFA fails to disprove a significant amount of names, or chooses not to, than many more union votes will be required to keep the workforce unionized.

We will have to have over 9,300 union votes to remain unionized.

The company tactic is win-win. Best case scenario-names remain on the list and there isn’t greater than 50% vote participation. The members are then stripped of union representation. Good scenario-company gets to keep docile union that is “onboard†to their wims and cost-cutting plans at the workers expense.

Considering what is at stake the TWU should be fuming over the enlarged list. Many of the illustrious 2,600 do not have current mailing addresses and/or are no longer part of the company. They will either not receive the ballot or not be concerned enough to vote for one or the other union since the issue doesn't involve them.

Shouldn’t the TWU be concerned rather than happy the company inflated the list?
The TWU ‘should’ be concerned and involved in the company inflationary
numbers as you have stated. I have to give credit to the IAM on this issue
as they made it very clear that if less than 50% (If my memory serves me correctly)
of the ‘NMB Declared Eligible’ people did not vote, union representation was ‘decertified’!!!
Contracts are null and void.
We are ‘at will’ employees.
If you think life is bad now, hang on!!!

Both AMFA and the IAM made it clear that at this point, ‘VOTE’!!!
If you do not pick one, your pick none!!!

Take Care,
:) UAL_TECH

i feel the company will do every thing within its power to keep the incumbent union on board, i mean think about it really they have the lowest paid mechanics in the commercial airline buissness the srp/osm program. they could'nt find a contractor in bangladesh to do it cheaper than the twu will. THE TWU "MOST DOCILE PRO COMPANY UNION AN AIRLINE COULD WANT" watch out "will bend over if provoked"!!!!!

twuer said:
DESPARATION CLOSING IN. . .

Must be bad to be amfa!!
twuer,

You might say desparation is closing in. But it is closing in on the twu. I would add that failure to change from within has already closed in on the twu and now fear is permeating from teamtwu and the international.

It is not bad to be AMFA. It is awful to be in the twu though. The twu is a dead union that lost their will to defend our profession.

It must be bad to be a twu supporting coward!!

GO AMFA! :up:

Ken MacTiernan said:
twuer said:

Must be bad to be amfa!!
twuer,

You might say desparation is closing in. But it is closing in on the twu. I would add that failure to change from within has already closed in on the twu and now fear is permeating from teamtwu and the international.

It is not bad to be AMFA. It is awful to be in the twu though. The twu is a dead union that lost their will to defend our profession.

So, tell me Ken since you are so quick to criticize, how is allowing a huge portion of the work to be outsourced protecting the profession?? How is allowing almost half of your membership to be laid off protecting the profession?? How hard did amfa defend these issues Ken???

Your argument doesn't fly because you STILL have NO real proof that amfa will be the better union!!

twuer said:
Ken MacTiernan said:
twuer said:

Must be bad to be amfa!!
twuer,

So, tell me Ken since you are so quick to criticize, how is allowing a huge portion of the work to be outsourced protecting the profession?? How is allowing almost half of your membership to be laid off protecting the profession?? How hard did amfa defend these issues Ken???

Your argument doesn't fly because you STILL have NO real proof that amfa will be the better union!!
twuer,

The work you mention being outsourced was allowed by the industrial unions that the AMFA defeated in democratic elections. The iam allowed the destruction of UAL's overhaul facilities. The iam almost allowed the same before AMFA capped the work at NWA.

You want to address the layoffs at other airlines that AMFA represents? AMFA fought these airlines by going to court to defend the membership. Where is the twu's court date to fight against AA's layoffs? AA is not going to replace AMTs as they retire. IF AA recalls anyone these individuals will return to drastically reduced pay & benefits. When AMFA represented individuals are recalled, and they have already been recalled, they will return to FULL pay & benefits. Why do you never state this fact?

You want real proof that AMFA will be the better union? Read AMFA negotiated contracts then read the twu's. You want more proof? Every second Friday should be more than enough real proof that AMFA is better then the twu.

The twu's days representing our profession at AA are numbered. It is only a matter of time before the NMB authorizes an election and the twu will be voted out with an overwhelmingly high percentage.

See you in the foyer of the NMB's office in Washington when the ballots are counted. Just make sure you wear your name tag of twuer so I can recognize you.

You want real proof that AMFA will be the better union? Read AMFA negotiated contracts then read the twu's. You want more proof? Every second Friday should be more than enough real proof that AMFA is better then the twu.

I have read them Ken. And I have to say that the language is very weak to say the least!!! And about the Friday thing. . .I don't follow you. Are those the meetings?? Thanks but no thanks. I get enough lies and rhetoric on these boards!!

You better save those frequent flyer miles Ken because you won't be using them for a trip to D.C.!!!
:lol:

twuer said:
I have read them Ken. And I have to say that the language is very weak to say the least!!! :lol:
Do you mean like the TWUs language? The union that opens the contract early and gives away more than anyone else because of the "THREAT" of bankruptcy?

In two years time, if anyone at AA in any classification is unfortunate enough to still be in the TWU they will hear about how the actuaries and the company "betrayed them", but "that wont happen again" (Littles statement about the Me-too clause debacle of 1995).

By the way what do you think of Jim Little and Sonny Hall giving themselves raises while peddling pay cuts to us?

twuer said:

I have read them Ken. And I have to say that the language is very weak to say the least!!! And about the Friday thing. . .I don't follow you. Are those the meetings?? Thanks but no thanks. I get enough lies and rhetoric on these boards!!

You better save those frequent flyer miles Ken because you won't be using them for a trip to D.C.!!!
:lol:
twuer,

What I mean about Fridays is that every second Friday we get paid... LESS! But since you enjoy working for less and eroding our profession by doing so I am not surprised you did not get my meaning.

I would have also thought that you got your fill of lies just listening to little. Still waiting for your full revote?

Why don't you answer my question:

IF AA recalls anyone these individuals will return to drastically reduced pay & benefits. When AMFA represented individuals are recalled, and they have already been recalled, they will return to FULL pay & benefits. Why do you never state this fact?

Since you enjoy lower wages and benefits you would prefer to come back to these lower wages instead of FULL pay and benefits.

Frequent flier miles? That's original twuer. However, I will use my flight benefits. You on the other hand will have plenty of room riding back home from DC on the teamtwu bus. Hope the twu coffin fits in the overhead storage.

Continue the cowardly posts. That is what is expected of the twu in their defense of their sell out, inept behavior.

The twu smells fear... and it is their own!

twuer said:
Your proof is in the pudding twuer. There is no rising up of memberships at any AMFA supported airline. Only where there are dictatorship industrial unions do you see memberships rising up to take out these incumbent unions. twuer, you do like pudding don't you???

Latest posts