TWU fails again

bigjets

Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
SWA FAs vote down TWU negotiated contract, 87% against contract.

It's unfortunate that the NMB decided that the TWU will be our union, it's also unfortunate that the IAM didn't have the guts to go for an election despite what the AFL CIO wanted. It's too bad the members don't get a say in what we want.

Reactions: 2 people
How can you possibly bring back a T/A that is voted down so overwhelmingly. Did they not poll the membership. Did they ignore their needs. Did they side with Gary. Are they that far out of touch...

Reactions: 5 people
bigjets said:
SWA FAs vote down TWU negotiated contract, 87% against contract.

It's unfortunate that the NMB decided that the TWU will be our union, it's also unfortunate that the IAM didn't have the guts to go for an election despite what the AFL CIO wanted. It's too bad the members don't get a say in what we want.

87% against...  Nailed it!  Too funny...  TWU really knows it's membership....well, not so much..

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe they need an association. 87% rejection is a bad reflection on the negotiators. I wonder what the twu was actually striving for to get a agreement in place? What I'm saying is they needed a direction to go into negotiations. When did the union lose touch during negotiations? Where there any updates to the membership during negotiations? Just saying......

The TWU has givin away so much of our contract that the contract has to be improved in EVERY aspect, on top of that they need to improve our contract to the point that we are better off then the FAs. Nothing against FAs but our education, skills, and responsibility is greater.

I do hope that the IAM is able to put the stipulation in contract that we get a 3% raise every year past amendable date. No reason to suffer because of company delays.

bigjets said:
The TWU has givin away so much of our contract that the contract has to be improved in EVERY aspect, on top of that they need to improve our contract to the point that we are better off then the FAs. Nothing against FAs but our education, skills, and responsibility is greater.
I do hope that the IAM is able to put the stipulation in contract that we get a 3% raise every year past amendable date. No reason to suffer because of company delays.
Skill level and education requirements have nothing to do with the fact that the flight attendant's where smart enough to rid themselves from the twu at American Airlines back in 1977. Here we are 38 years later and still taking it up the rear.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe someone will chime in and explain why the totally worthless union backed contract would be good for the Flight Attendants.

overspeed, where are you?

You do realize the FAs at WN and the RAMP at WN are the highest paid in the industry and have been for years?

I wasnt commenting on why it was voted down, I am glad they did vote it down and get what they deserve, I was pointing out how the TWU over at WN got the ramp and FAs the highest pay in the industry.

AANOTOK said:
You do realize that there's more to a contract than just pay. Obviously the FAs do!
100% correct sir. I have been preaching this for years.  The language can very well be alot more harmful or more impact on the membership than pay and bennies.  Read the language folks, this is where the company will make out like bandits if you fall for it...