could lose their overtime pay in the coming months unless
these changes are stopped.

Here is how you can help:

During the next week as many people as possible need to
contact their U.S. senators and ask them to vote to block
the Bush overtime cuts. You can send a fax from an AFL-CIO
Web page by clicking on the link below.
http://www.unionvoice.org/campaign/senateOTrider/3u72fjkkx

The interesting thing here is that the TWU wants us to call our Senators to complain about the blocking of email to the President.

DIDN''T THE TWU BLOCK EMAIL ACCESS TO LITTLE, GLESS, AND THE REST OF EM BECAUSE OF THE BARRAGE OF NEGATIVE EMAILS?

Another funny thing is that Little and Co. blast AA management about their secret package that cost Carty his job, but yet Little and Co. have not taken a reduction in salary (If they did, I''d like to see proof.)

Yeah,

But BUSH is elected and shoudn't block his e-mail.

Little, Gless, and the Rest are APPOINTED and shouldn't have to hear the negatives.

Satire, of course.

----------------
On 7/19/2003 7:16:20 AM Hopeful wrote:

Another funny thing is that Little and Co. blast AA management about their secret package that cost Carty his job, but yet Little and Co. have not taken a reduction in salary (If they did, I''d like to see proof.)

----------------​
Where did I hear this before? Don''t you know Union leaders "NEVER" take pay cuts! We had one old Irishmen in our old Union that had himself a Castle back in the old country! Joke going arround the floor,was he promised to use it as an Old Folkes Home for all the down and out TWA Amt''s, and rampies!!! So you can immagine, it was pretty big!

The union leadership are like members of Congress. They can give themselves a raise with a show hands.

So much for shared sacrifices.

----------------
On 7/19/2003 6:42:32 AM Hopeful wrote:

The interesting thing here is that the TWU wants us to call our Senators to complain about the blocking of email to the President.

DIDN'T THE TWU BLOCK EMAIL ACCESS TO LITTLE, GLESS, AND THE REST OF EM BECAUSE OF THE BARRAGE OF NEGATIVE EMAILS?

----------------

Yea but the hypocrisy does not stop there.

What about the fact that they demand that managment "share the pain" while they do not?

What about the calls for transparency from corporations while protesting having to be more transparent themselves?

What about the arguement for an increased minimum wage that argues against the Conservatives claim that lower wages creates more jobs while then telling union members not to complain about pay cuts and low wages because if not for those concessions they would not have a job?

What about the campain against RTW because it results in lower wages while they push the most concessionary contract in history?

How they complain about foreign competition hurting our living standards while over a twenty year period pushing through concessionary contracts that hurt all workers in this industry?

Only Unaccountable Union leaders would tell their members that they should fuel job growth with lower wages and less benifits.

What about complaints against "the rich" while they collect six figure salaries and live lifestyles more akin to the rich than the workers they "represent"?

What about how they criticized the Florida election process yet they put in a system where PIN numbers were consecutive, allowing anyone with a pin number to change anyone elses vote?

Who ever heard of an election where you can change your vote? Is that why the PIN numbers were consecutive? Does AAA provide a list that shows where the votes were cast from?

What about how they complain about the way the Supreme Court thwarted Democracy in the Presidential election but then deny us of the only means of Democratic accountability we had within this union, our right to vote on our contract?

Lets see, we cant vote for Jim Little, the man who has the power to change our contract "at will" because he is appointed by Sonny Hall, the President who we also can not vote for or against.

Outside of Local Elections we do not have any voting rights. All we really have is the right to participate in a "Contract Survey".

So, other than the local level, where we have no control over our contract, where is the democratic power that unions provide members? Is there really much difference between a non-union workplace where the Company Boss can change working conditions without a vote and a so called union workplace where an unelected, unaccountable Union Boss imposes changes without a vote, other than the fact that we have to pay the union Boss while the Company Boss pays us? How much better did we do than Delta? I beleive in unions, I just hope that someday I will know what it is like to have a real union where we have the right to elect our officials, the ones that control our contract and the right, not the priviledge whenever Sonny deems neccisary to vote, a real vote, on our contract.​
So far 47% of Title I has put in a request for the right to democratically express their choice for representation. Refusal of basic democratic rights within the Union has left those who cherish our democratic principles as Americans with only one way to express themselves, by putting the whole union to the electoral test while they still have that right. Just as the King had the choice of signing the Magna Carta or being deposed Sonny faces a choice, but likely his soveriegnty over the Mechanics is doomed anyhow. The question is will he lose all the rest to the AGW and the PFAA (since the AFA is affiliated and the APFA does not want to grow beyond AA) while stubbornly trying to preserve the autocratic structure that has failed his members so badly? The grand scheme of driving the other unions out of the industry by offering companies the lowest union rates has backfired. The peasents are revolting. Let them eat cake only works when you make sure they get cake, not the crumbs.

----------------
On 7/19/2003 7:16:20 AM Hopeful wrote:

----------------​

Hopeful;
I need you to (plz) define "Little & company", not taken a reduction in salary.

The reason I ask, was, I heard a very STRONG rumor, that The Twu local presidents DID NOT TAKE A REDUCTION IN PAY.
I''ve had difficulty trying to substantiate this rumor, But if true, would be the "lowest of low", in my 20 years.

Let me know(plz) if you hear anything remotely close to this story.

Thanx,
NH/BB''s

NH/BB''s:
Little and Co. meaning the upper crust of the TWU.
I''m not sure about the Local Presidents because their salary is based on the salary of the highest memeber they represent plus a flat amount.

From Hopeful,

DIDN''T THE TWU BLOCK EMAIL ACCESS TO LITTLE, GLESS, AND THE REST OF EM BECAUSE OF THE BARRAGE OF NEGATIVE EMAILS?

------------------

The TWU did not block anything. I write to them all the time and get a response! Distort the facts and lie to us all typical wantabe attitudes! Also you should be ashamed for trying to discredit the TWU when they are working to help all of US!

To sign a card means eliminating your job at the Bases! Learn the truth! Unlimited farmouts at the majority of the airlines amfa represents. What a track record to be proud of!

TWU SOLIDARITY!

----------------
On 7/20/2003 12:11:15 PM Checking it Out wrote:

From Hopeful,

------------------

The TWU did not block anything. I write to them all the time and get a response! Distort the facts and lie to us all typical wantabe attitudes! Also you should be ashamed for trying to discredit the TWU when they are working to help all of US!

To sign a card means eliminating your job at the Bases! Learn the truth! Unlimited farmouts at the majority of the airlines amfa represents. What a track record to be proud of!

TWU SOLIDARITY!

----------------​

In an effort to better serve each Local’s needs the TWU Air Transport Division has implemented a more streamlined email system. All email should be sent to our general email box at [email protected] and will be forwarded to the appropriate International Representative or your Local President. The general email box will be checked regularly during normal business hours to assure your message is received and decimated in the most expeditious manner.

The TWU Air Transport Division receives numerous emails and unfortunately cannot respond to each individually. If you have not contacted your Local please do so at this time. Information we receive is mailed out to each Local regularly or posted on this website.

Click here for a list of each Local’s representative names, addresses, phone numbers, and websites.

Click here to view a current list of all materials mailed out to the Locals.

Click here for current information from the Air Transport Director

----------------
On 7/20/2003 6:41:50 AM Hopeful wrote:

NH/BB''s:
Little and Co. meaning the upper crust of the TWU.
I''m not sure about the Local Presidents because their salary is based on the salary of the highest member they represent plus a flat amount.

----------------​
The pay rates of Local Presidents (and officers) is determined by each Locals bylaws that are subject to modification and approval by the members of that local. Little & Co''s pay rates are not subject to approval or modification from the membership.