Twu Solicits Help To Save All 3 Bases!

I would not worry about any other issue except the TWU and the company against you. You need to write Mr. Kasher and thank him for his decision

MCI transplant said:
Buck that has been my point all along! Yes, we at TWA had our diffrences, but we didn't have this MCI vers STL, or LAX vers JFK, thing you have!!! Man! The Company is playing us like a piano! :down:
And this union has nothing to do with it. This is nothing new at AA with the twu. Union comes from the word unite which is one thing the twu has never done. They have line vs. overhaul, station vs. station, overhaul AMT vs. OSM, shift vs. shift. Even their own Presidents have submitted a change to divide Line from Overhaul in contracts. Their now asking for a separation of title 1 from title 2, the membership never asked for this. How many more dividing action can we allow the twu to make all in the name of keeping us in the twu for the sake of their dues money? They know dam well that if we were all united, we would of booted them along time ago.

This union has everything to do with it.

You are correct the membership never asked for any of it. That is why it is an Industrial Union. It is the leadership that is causing the division and those who refuse to seek democracy. As for the dues, read Article 38 of the contract. Place a restriction on there dues powerbase and see if they respond differently?

:huh: AMFAMAN-----You may be correct, but then you run into jerks like TonyB! Is he a AMFA man also??? Is he knocking the E-mail campain just because the TWU thought of it first? Or is he just that, a Jerk???? :down:

MCI transplant said:
:huh: AMFAMAN-----You may be correct, but then you run into jerks like TonyB! Is he a AMFA man also??? Is he knocking the E-mail campain just because the TWU thought of it first? Or is he just that, a Jerk???? :down:
I'm not Tony, so I can't speak for him. Glad we do somewhat agree on something.

Just a reminder why we are here!

TWU members at MCI have made difficult sacrifices to keep American Airlines out of bankruptcy and protect the long-term viability of the company and our jobs. Now its time for American Airlines to keep its commitment to the workers who saved this company from financial ruin.

We call on Gerard Arpey to keep the MCI Base open and to work with the TWU to bring more maintenance work in-house. We can compete with outside contractors. Let us do the work!

The TWU and AFL-CIO have joined together to set up a special web site that allows you to easily send an email or fax to Gerard Arpey. Go to the web site and it will take just a few seconds of your time.

Contact Gerard Arpey Today!

Log on to our web site at:Union Voice

AMFAMAN said:
And this union has nothing to do with it. This is nothing new at AA with the twu. Union comes from the word unite which is one thing the twu has never done. They have line vs. overhaul, station vs. station, overhaul AMT vs. OSM, shift vs. shift. Even their own Presidents have submitted a change to divide Line from Overhaul in contracts. Their now asking for a separation of title 1 from title 2, the membership never asked for this. How many more dividing action can we allow the twu to make all in the name of keeping us in the twu for the sake of their dues money? They know dam well that if we were all united, we would of booted them along time ago.
Amfaman

you catch on quick, the TWU has never wanted solidarity between overhaul and line stations. If they can keep us bickering amongst ourselves then our focus wont be on them. Then if you throw in all the other labor groups youve got a real cluster f@#$. They always come up with these catchy phrases like power in numbers, well in a way thats true, whoever has the majority in the cluster f@#$ ( fleet service) has the power.

The old saying divide and conquer was never more true than in the TWU.

Keep up the good work at MCI. Sounds like you have a real RAT problem up there.

MCI Transplant thinks we should all walk on egg shells and not hurt his little TWA sensitivities. Tough titty, mack. If you take the AMFA drive as some anti-TWA conspiracy then you're juat as bad as RAT BOY Steve Connel.
The fact that Checking It Out wants us all to make fools of our selves and further humiliate our selves by begging to Arpy is just plain assine.
Do yourself a favor and check to see what's between your legs because you probably don't have a pair. It really pisses me off to think that this union is full of such PANSIES.
DOESN'T IT PISS ANY ONE ELSE OFF THAT THE BEST THING ORGANIZED LABOR CAN DO IS TO BEND OVER AND ASK THE COMPANY TO BE GENTLE???!!!!! :down: :down: :down: :down:
TWU IS A WEAK ASS UNION! :down: :down: :down:

TonyB said:
MCI Transplant thinks we should all walk on egg shells and not hurt his little TWA sensitivities. Tough titty, mack. If you take the AMFA drive as some anti-TWA conspiracy then you're juat as bad as RAT BOY Steve Connel.
The fact that Checking It Out wants us all to make fools of our selves and further humiliate our selves by begging to Arpy is just plain assine.
Do yourself a favor and check to see what's between your legs because you probably don't have a pair. It really pisses me off to think that this union is full of such PANSIES.
DOESN'T IT PISS ANY ONE ELSE OFF THAT THE BEST THING ORGANIZED LABOR CAN DO IS TO BEND OVER AND ASK THE COMPANY TO BE GENTLE???!!!!! :down: :down: :down: :down:
TWU IS A WEAK ASS UNION! :down: :down: :down:
:down: Tony lets get one thing straight here!There is more than a good chance I was fixing Aircraft when you were still crapping in your pants! I'm a Veit Nam vet, and have seen pucks like you cry for there mama's when times got rough!!!! So unless you can say the same, PISS-OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

So if you are as you say a Vietnam Vet, first thank you for your service to our country and second how about signing a representational election authorization card and allowing some democracy? Afterall you fought for the right!

What does Viet Nam have to do with anything? But since we're on the subject. When Khe Sanh was being attacked by the NVA did Colonel David Lownds USMC, comander of Khe Sanh combat base run begging to the enemy to please stop?
I DON"T THINK SO!
Instead he and his Marines patrolled the hills of western Quang Tri province, called in air strikes, some fire for effect artillery and sent the little red SOBs to meet their dead ancesters!
Fsst forward some 30 some odd years and we have a bunch of PANSIES[/SIZE]disguised as industrial unionists begging to the company. :down:

TonyB said:
What does Viet Nam have to do with anything? But since we're on the subject. When Khe Sanh was being attacked by the NVA did Colonel David Lownds USMC, comander of Khe Sanh combat base run begging to the enemy to please stop?
I DON"T THINK SO!
Instead he and his Marines patrolled the hills of western Quang Tri province, called in air strikes, some fire for effect artillery and sent the little red SOBs to meet their dead ancesters!
Fsst forward some 30 some odd years and we have a bunch of PANSIES[/SIZE]disguised as industrial unionists begging to the company. :down:
:angry: Tony are you trying to say you are a member of the USMC? What seems to be your problem? The TWU wants to keep all three bases open! Are you saying the AMFA dosen't? Come on! Let's get this out in the open!!! Are you saying the AMFA is in favor of closeing one, or more,, of it's bases? This should be a non-issue for both TWU, and AMFA!!! But you don't think so??? Come on big man! Tell us! Which base would you close??? If I didn't know!!!! :angry:

I think what he is saying is that begging will get you no where and he is right, why should Arpey care about a bunch of beggers, do you think he does not know allready that we do not want the base to be closed, of course he knows begging will accomplish nothing, grow some balls and get tough and maybe you will have a chance to save your base, one thing that I am sure of and that is that begging Arpey will accomplish nothing, as I said he allready knows how we feel about bases being closed, why beg he does not care what we think, the concession is proof of that.
but hey lets talk about something else like AMFA we are past the 50% mark and that includes the laid off people who do not work at AA anymore, the majority has spoken, it is time for Democracy to prevail.

MCI, I don't want to see any bases close and I know I speak for every one. Nor am I anti TWA. Even though I believe the whole buyout thing was a big mistake that issue is like beating a dead horse. I am not a selfish hard assed mo fo and I hate to see anyone lose their job.
My beef is that after all the humiliation we've suffered through thanks mostly to the TWU, they want us to roll over, crawl and beg. I have a big problem with that and maybe I've gone overboard with the name calling but I am out of patience. For 17 years all I've heard from the company toy union is a bunch of lame excuses. Some of those come to mind like,...It's the best we're gonna get, Brother..., or ...W'ell get 'em next time, Brother..., what else? ...It's Tulsa's fault, they wanted it, Brother..., ...It's the line stations fault, Brother... and the timeless classic mother of all lame TWU excuses, ...they can do that, Brother...
I would take a more militant approach. Simple as that. If people don't like it then too bad. Fortunately for the company I am but a voice in the wilderness. Are you aware that at the line stations they are now making fleet service clerks do arrival inspections? They have mechanics gate manning but we are not supposed to do a walk around but it's OK for clerks to do it. Is any one upset? AMFA or TWU supporters? Hardly. Every one just goes about like it's business as usual. If MCI is any thing like Tulsa then you may not give a rip about a line issue.
TWU SUCKS! :down: