Twu Solicits Help To Save All 3 Bases!

Buck, it is a shame that American had to buy TWA and we had to inherit your lousy union. We didn't ask for it and I really wish we had never become part of your crappy airline, but it happened and that's life. I've adjusted to the crap. Now that TWU is our representatives, I will support them as I expect my local to support me. Being an employee at MCI I expect my local to protect my job and to protect my base. I think they are doing what is expected of them. I fail to see how amfa could do any better. Time will tell the story at NWA and UAL. So far it don't look pretty.

member said:
Buck, it is a shame that American had to buy TWA and we had to inherit your lousy union. We didn't ask for it and I really wish we had never become part of your crappy airline, but it happened and that's life. I've adjusted to the crap. Now that TWU is our representatives, I will support them as I expect my local to support me. Being an employee at MCI I expect my local to protect my job and to protect my base. I think they are doing what is expected of them. I fail to see how amfa could do any better. Time will tell the story at NWA and UAL. So far it don't look pretty.
Member I can assure you all the working union employees at AA will not disagree with you about the aquistion of TWA. There's probably only a handful of any original AA employees that was happy to see TWA purchased. Everyone knew this was going to be disastrous I have not talked to anyone on either side that has said one good thing.
But I wonder what you or your 20+seniority brothers would be saying if AA only purchased everything but employees or if someone else bought them and kept just key employees. Man you would be crying a different tune.
But what happened, happened

So by AA allowing you to have a job(with out being asked for a application, interview, probation or starting at the bottom) giving you a pay raise, giving you company seniority and what ever else charity you have accepted from AA or government boards. Tell me in your own proud and brave fashion how you didn't want or need AA to purchase TWA. If you don't like it then find another job but you don't want to leave this gravy train do you.
But no, your going to tell all the AA veterans about TWU support after only 2 yrs of employment.
Try being a little grateful for what you have and what was awarded to you. Be a little respectful of the senior AA employees that made it possible for you to stay out of the unemployment line. Trust me you wouldn't like to really work for a living.

member said:
But the AMFA idea will never be tested until ALL MECHANICS are in one union!

If you stay on the sidelines with the Industry Concession Leader, time will only tell that the idea has NOT been tested.

Why doesn't everyone understand the idea and embrace the possibilites?

With the Industry Leading Concessions negotiated by the TWU, the mechanics of AMFA are fighting two battles, the carriers and the carriers toy union.

AusChud said:
Member I can assure you all the working union employees at AA will not disagree with you about the aquistion of TWA. There's probably only a handful of any original AA employees that was happy to see TWA purchased. Everyone knew this was going to be disastrous I have not talked to anyone on either side that has said one good thing.
But I wonder what you or your 20+seniority brothers would be saying if AA only purchased everything but employees or if someone else bought them and kept just key employees. Man you would be crying a different tune.

So by AA allowing you to have a job(with out being asked for a application, interview, probation or starting at the bottom) giving you a pay raise, giving you company seniority and what ever else charity you have accepted from AA or government boards. Tell me in your own proud and brave fashion how you didn't want or need AA to purchase TWA. If you don't like it then find another job but you don't want to leave this gravy train do you.
But no, your going to tell all the AA veterans about TWU support after only 2 yrs of employment.
Try being a little grateful for what you have and what was awarded to you. Be a little respectful of the senior AA employees that made it possible for you to stay out of the unemployment line. Trust me you wouldn't like to really work for a living.
PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR? Have you been layed off four times and had to settle for a crap job to feed your family? Have you been through 3 bankruptcys? Have you worked 30 years just to see your job security get thrown out the window. PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR. I earned my dues. I'll keep this job because of the money, you get it? It's for the MONEY!!!

member said:
Bob, did you have an ulterior motive in coming to town that day? Was your agenda to pass out material to AMFA supporters? You knew you had their support before you got here.

Wasn't it a fact that you really wanted to see this base close so the line stations would see an increase in their work...build up your dynasty? Was it because Tulsa has always been a thorn in your side and now you had to put up with another base? This base would give Tulsa the extra power to vote against the line stations.

The eboard did what they thought was the right thing to do for their members...save the overhaul base and save jobs.

You say that we would have had system protection...what a laugh!
Your people want to see TWA disappear and with the closing of STL we are the only thing left. So do not think we will go down without a fight.
The Union is the only reason the TWA people at this base are still here working.

It may not mean much to you but it does to us.
There was one motive, to try and get you guys to vote NO. We took out a full page ad in Tulsa and we were going to take out the same ad in MCI , we figured AFW was a NO,but it was too much money. It was much cheaper to pay 2 guys UB and since your President said OK we went.

We dont do Overhaul on the line, if you did close your work would not come here, maybe a few of your guys would, but not your work, it would go to TUL and AFW. The Line stations do not want to see OH dissappear, we simply want them to not make us work at rates that are unacceptable where we live. On the one hand you guys say "we can accept that, but then say whatever you pay them(the line) you pay us". Just as we would get fustrated with Tulsa, the TWA guys would get fustrated with MCI. You try to make it like I have something against TWA guys, I dont, maybe you should contact anyone from JFK and ask. As a matter of fact after hearing of our trip to MCI one of the exTWA guys here at JFK thanked me for our efforts, and he was Stores.

So you wont go down without a fight, that will be a first!

The reason why you are working there is because the company finds it convenient, if they should change their mind, you will be gone. Why do you think they moved the System seniority back to 98? Figure it out. Where will you guys go if they close your base?

I'm sure that your job means a lot to you. But if in MCI the company cut a top paid mechanic down to $30,000 would you still find that acceptable? Well in effect thats what you, by voting yes, did to us, our pay here is only worth the equivelent $30,000 where you live, and on top of that we work shifts, weekends and holidays, thanks to you. The fact is that even in this recession we already had 5 guys quit, with more likely. When the economy improves you will see even more quit. These guys were all at top pay with at least 10 years with the company, is that happening there?

Yes we are angry, yes we are resentful but no, we do not wish to see you lose your jobs or see your work go to outside vendors. We have to work on these things and keep them going, so we would rather that the quality that we are used to is kept up. However we also, like you I'm sure, have families to provide for and these rates, coupled with the sacrifices of working in a 24/7/365 operation just do not cut it. We are fighting for our careers too. You guys with your yes votes destroyed them.

Steve Connell Posted: Sep 27 2003, 06:39 PM

Group: Member
Member No.: 2,585

TonyB..will I go to management...you bet...got a problem with that? If so..come see me ... by the way Tony..I don't need to be provoked to go to management...you want the TWU to walk the line..so will you...problemo?

The problemo Steve is managment does not want you, so it looks like it is time for a career change the TWU represents the bus drivers so if you go in that direction you can stay with the TWU :D

Crappy Airline?

Maybe, but this one is still flying.............

Those former IAM and TWA members/employees that post here have a few things in common, they are negative, bitter and full of doubt.

member said:
AusChud said:

What the f**k do you know about working a real job? Have you been layed off four times and had to settle for a crap job to feed your family? Have you been through 3 bankruptcys? Have you worked 30 years just to see your job security get thrown out the window. F**k your gratitude. I earned my dues. I'll keep this job because of the money, you get it? It's for the MONEY!!!
Hey take it easy cupcake, don't get your panties in a bind. I'm not going to take your milk money sweetheart.
I have never been layed off four times, just once this MAY and will probably never have the oppurtunity to work with AA again. ( I wonder WHY?). I started with AA before the aquistion did my interview, probation and was doing my low man get
f--ked jobs and hours routine ( which was a cake walk). Before that I wasn't with a major airlines I paid my dues at a frieghter airlines where everyone worked hard to earn half what majors paid, but that was a fun 15 yrs. So if you stayed with a company that was that unreliable and went bankrupt or caused you to go bankrupt there is only one person to blame Einstein. Life is tough and as old as you sound be grateful for what you got, because I now know your way to old to handle real work and the real world wages would shock you.
I know your in it for the money so shut your hole and earn it, don't spout off to the real AA employees about union issues.

P.S. Don't try that put yourself in my shoes BS with people you don't know save it for your kids.

Buck said:
Crappy Airline?

Maybe, but this one is still flying.............

Those former IAM and TWA members/employees that post here have a few things in common, they are negative, bitter and full of doubt.
Buck---- I'll give you one thing! Your right on with this one! And your keeping your cool! Which is more than I can say for those on both sides of this fence!!!!

"Oh what tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive..."

It's funny how all these TWU/IAM lackeys try to turn the AMFA drive into AA vs. TWA. I see they're taking the cue from local 514 (line vs. overhaul).
A real union wouldn't be begging. What happened to the oft touted strength in numbers? You guys are pathetic!

:down: TWU, WILL BEG IF PROVOKED! :down:

Well I guess I let my emotions get the better of me. I'm not really as bitter as I sounded. I'll tell you what asschud, you stay on your side of the fence and I will stay on mine.

member said:
Well I guess I let my emotions get the better of me. I'm not really as bitter as I sounded. I'll tell you what asschud, you stay on your side of the fence and I will stay on mine.
I'll tell you what asschud

You got it limpmember

member said:
<_< Member------ That's the wise thing to do! But jerks like TonyB will test that wisdom! Play it cool Brother! We'll all get through this, again!!!!!

Getting through the first time must have been accomplished at great cost. Without unity especially outside of your local, how do you expect to accomplish your task?

Buck said:
Getting through the first time must have been accomplished at great cost. Without unity especially outside of your local, how do you expect to accomplish your task?
Buck that has been my point all along! Yes, we at TWA had our diffrences, but we didn't have this MCI vers STL, or LAX vers JFK, thing you have!!! Man! The Company is playing us like a piano! :down: